The Samsung Electronic Company
Disclaimer: This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers. You can view samples of our professional work here.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UK Essays.
?Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, is a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, ?Samsung is the world largest company having the highest brand value. Samsung is operating in more than 50 countries in the world.The head office of Samsung is in the capital of Seoul, South Korea.The chairman of the Samsung group is Mr KUN HEE LEE. The name of Samsung literally means ?tristar? in Korean. Nowadays Samsung invests in the buldings foundation and concrete sector under the samsung brand.The word Samsung electronic is written in white on a blue background.It represents stability, reliability and warmth. Samsung manufacturers electronic goods such as TVS, computers, notebooks, washing machines, microwaves, usb devices mobiles, lcds, cameras, cd players etc.The other production of Samsung groups is in construction sector such as in real estate but it specializes in electronic log ,electronic pipe , tube pipe, telephone log (which all are made by concrete and iron).Samsung is the highest brand having the medium cost value. Most of the Samsung electronic company had been moved in china and other asian countries for example Vietnam, the Phillipines, and India. The reasons behind its transfer were low labour and raw materials costs. The said asian countries are way much cheaper than US, Canada and UK.
The brand vision of samsung is to totally different and unique from other brands like: Sony,LG and Panasonic. ?Leading the digital convergence revolution? is the vision of the Samsung brand.This case study is totally based on the electronics side of the Samsung brand.The word Samsung is written in korean language ??
Samsung is the third largest South Korean company which was established in 1969 as the flagship company of the Samsung group or Samsung corporation. Samsung achieved fast growth through exports. Samsung decided to venture into the television market. It started production of black and white television sets for the local markets in 1972. However, Samsung realized that it can become a global brand. They searched and analized the global market opportunities and challanges with the help of customers and employees feedbacks. Samsung decided to change the concept of its brand .It had to change the perceptions of consumer with a new brand image. During the olympics in Seoul, South Korea in 1988, Samsung decided to become an official sponsor for the wireless technology in order to associate its image with global sports brand. Through the help of promotion and physical evidence Samsung is currently recognized as a worldwide brand. Every country especially the member of olympic games then, now knows about the brand. In this way, Samsung was successful in changing the concept of its brand image and now has a good customer base. Nowadays, Samsung has 25 production base worldwide and more than fifty sales subsidiaries in nearly about 50 countries. Their global strategy involves eight main regions Southeast Asia, Central Asia, Africa, and Middle East, China, North America, Europe and Latin America.
Strategies of samsung electronics/ Alternatives strategies
Strategy is long term planning to achieve the goals. It is a roadmap of future actions. After market researching the global market, Samsung gets lots of feedback from its customer and employees. Samsung needs to improve its products promotional activities, customer service and online business since it is very important to satisfy its costumers. Samsung strategic growth plan aims to fulfill the needs ands wants of customers, expectations of employees and other stakeholders. According to its strategic plans, it requires to focus all its resources on increasing technological innovation and market share growth but the industry?s infrastructure and labour skills at that moment were too unfavourable for Samsung to achieve these and become competitive in the world market. In order to attain this, Samsung reinvented itself by primarily keeping on tract with its customer?s needs and wants.
Swot analysis is the most important and first stage of planning. It is a feedback mechanism to make new strategies for any company. Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunites and Threats are the four components of a swot analysis. Weaknesses and Strengths are corelated and examines the internal part of the business analysis whereas Opportunities and Threats deals with the external environment of business operation.
Weaknesses and strengths refer to aspect of marketing, finance, manufacturing or organisational structure. Swot analysis helps clarifies the objectives of the company Samsung electronics key strength is it?s diversity in product, good brand image. Samsung electronics is a part of the samsung group. They are one of the leading consumer electronics brand in the world. The Headquarter of Samsung is in Seoul, South Korea and employs about 150,000 people. The company recorded revenues of KRW 121, 294,319 million or ? 75,981 million during the financial year (FY) ended December 2008, which is an increase of 23.1% than FY 2007. Unfortunately, the operating profit of the company presents a different picture even though its sales produce double digit growth rate. It is only KRW 6,031,863 million or ?3778 million during FY2008, which is a decrease of 25.5% than FY 2007.
Samsung?s electronic strengths are:
- A strong global brand. It is the leading consumers electronics brand in the world. The Quality is good .They promise the same quality and range world wide.
- It?s vision is leading the digital convergence resolutions. It means they want to be the leader of the electronic items worldwide in order to get the goodwell as well.
- A strong concept. They are offering good design , good quality as well medium prices
- Diversity product. Samsung?s products has based on diversity . It means they manufacture same items in different way for the different kind of people for different countries.
- Technology. Voice call is clear and reckoned by customers as having a good value for their money; and the designof samsung?s electronics technology is very high. We can order right quality at the right price.
- Good reputation among customers.
Weakness for samsung are:
- The global scale of Samsung?s operation means it has serious implication on its management system. To control a business in just one location is easy but for a worldwide operation is complicated and problematic.
- Base on the double digit decrease of its operating profit against the other year, it indicates that its operating cost had also went up by more than 20%. Its operation had not been effecient enough to yield a good profit.
- Samsung as a South Korean company is reckoned by most customer as only next to any Japanese firm since Japan is always considered as a high tech country in the world.
A business uses its strengths to take advantage of the opportunities that arise, opportunities for samsung are :
- Increases mobile and computer market
- International expansion.
- Arrival of new technologies
- A strong customer demand and good design.
If any company is aware of possible external threats, It can be addressed by generating new ideas to counter it or can use a particular strength to defend against threats in the market . The threats on Samsung are as follows:
- Changing social trends: It is trying to build on line help to guide customer to a more comfortable life. The online business and website promotion entails cost and any change introduce needs improving staff competencies by training.
- Strong competetion: Samsung faces strong competition from the other korean company such as LG, KTF, SK aside from its foriegn competitors like Sony Panasonic.
- New regulations and increeased trade barrier.
Samsung has worldwide market. It?s marketing benifit and selling percentage has depends on PESTEL.Different country has different culture ,different environment,different economic condition,poltical situation,social factors of market and different policy.In europen country samsung electronic market is heaghly increases in thease day then the other developing countries such as south asian countries,middle east and african countries.samsung extend sponsorship of olympic games until 2016.samsung also sponsorship with english bigest football clube chealse.They have sponsor other sports and clubes also.They wants to their immage and brand value has been carrying out worldwide market like olympic theam.
Marketing mix of Samsung
The marketing mix is the tools available to a business to gain the reaction to its target market in relation to its marketing objectives .Marketing mix is the combination of 7ps .It means price, place ,promotion, product, people, process and physical evidence and right product , right place, right price, right time and right way to be the elements of marketing mix. It?s manufactures veriety of designs which is directly concern to customer satisfication.It?s quality is high ,packigeig branding and having enough warranties.Samsung technology is high,good value.Samsung product electronic goods such as TVS,Computer,notebook,washing mechine,microwave ,usb device,mobile,I port,lcd,camera,cd player etc.The other productions of samsung groups on concret sector kind of electronics goods such as ,electronic log ,electronic pipe, tube pipe,telephone log(which all are made by concret and iron).Samsung is the highest brand having the reasonable price.
Samsungs price is neither high nor low, It means the price is affortable.Samsung offers schemes for all new products ,In greatest festivales, new years and its aniversity ,which helps to motivated psychologically to customer. Sumsung has already started its online business which help to extend global marketing . Using media , posters and news papers it has extended its marketing . The selection of the location is not best because it is not easy to find out its store in every city.
But every customer can buy its product easily because of the technology, that has used by sumsung the recent years .Samsung clarify its vision as well as mission of marketing strategy by the following clarifications of four ps.
- Samsung's product range worldwide included CTVs, audio and video products,
Information technology products, mobile phones and home appliances. Its product range covered all the categories in the consumer electronics and home appliances.
- Now a day samsung brands have 25 production base worldwide and more then fifty sales subsidiaries in near about 50 countries.Their global strategy involves eight main regions.
- Samsung also sells its product through independent retailers.
- Customers can see and handle products they are considering buying.
- Pricing also seemed to have played a significant role in Samsung's success.
- Samsung looking for its services accessible to as many people as possible.
- It offers a lot of pricing structures to suit different customers groups.
- The price plans are available monthly basis as well as prepay option.
- Advertising on TV, in magazines and in other media outlets reaches large audiences and spreads the brand image and the message very effectively. This is also known as above the line promotion.
Below the line
- Every store has special offers, promotions and print of sale posters to attract those inside the store to buy.
- The company develop better relations with the public in order to explain new products.
To control standard and quality could be quite hard .The global business is supply chain offering consumer views of it?s products. It is also important for recruitment and selection process
- They should be increase mobile and computer markets.
- They should increase international expansion.
- They should increase online business and give more details.
- The size and scale of globel business: It should be increase the size and scale of the globel business of samsung?s electronic brands.
Sumsung is a famous global company.It has manufactured electronics goods and other concreat goods.It is a wellknown brand because of its service, excellent employees, Innovative reliable product. A responsible approach to business and global citizenship and globlelisation with partners and customers.Samsung is taking the world in progressive direction for new generations. The mission of samsung is to be the best ?Digital electronic company?.It complys with low and ethical standard cares environmental health and safety,Mantain a clean organized culture value and respect to customer share holders ,steakholders , employees and socially responsiable co- oppertative citizens. So It is trying to be the best brand in the field of electronices materials in the world by improving its size , price quality, capasity or power of the devices.
Cite This Essay
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below: