The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.Essay Writing Service
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Translation Essays
- Language Translation Methods for Instruments in Research for Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Participants:Published: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Language Translation Methods for Instruments in Research for Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Participants: A Literature Review As the globalization phenomenon grows, the interaction between multicultural societies and these cultures emerge leading to diversity in cultural heritage and social aptitudes. (1) Therefore, healthcare providers should be aware of disparities in the healthcare setting due to race […]
- Critical Review of Nida’s Theory of Equivalence for Chinese-English TranslationPublished: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Critical Review of Nida’s Theory of Equivalence for Chinese-English Translation 1 Introduction The concept of equivalence is widely discussed in translation studies and has played an essential role in linguistic translation since gaining attention in the 1960s. The idea is that a source text (ST) and target text (TT) should be ‘the same’ in some […]
- Gender and Ideology in Translation Studies: From the Perspective of Feminist TranslationPublished: Sat, 08 Feb 2020Extract: The cultural shift of translation studies in the 1980s combined translation with culture and thus, opened up a new perspective for translation studies—cultural perspective. The cultural turn of translation studies has made the public aware of the political, social, and historical factors of the subject of translation. Hence, increasing attention has been paid on the […]
- Difference between Language Interpreters and BilingualismPublished: Sat, 08 Feb 2020Extract: Discuss how interpreters can be distinguished from people who are merely bilingual. Define the kind of bilingual competencies that a capable interpreter should possess. For quite a long time, interpreters and people who are merely bilingual were grouped into the same frame for it was believed that anyone can pretend to be an interpreter, under […]
- Using Pragmatic Theories in TranslationPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Using Pragmatic Theories in Translation By: Brian Friel famously said of translations that, “it is about language and only language.” Could that be true? Is translating from one language to another simply all about the language? Language is the most important tool that is often used to define a course in one’s life. It is used […]
- Translating from Major Language to Minor LanguagePublished: Fri, 29 Dec 2017Extract: It has been suggested that minority languages are not even acknowledged in many parts of the world, and where acknowledgement does exist..
- Impact of Globalization on TranslationPublished: Fri, 15 Sep 2017Extract: Under the circumstances of globalization, the demand for high-quality and high- speed translations has been increasing worldwide.
- Development of Translation Studies and ApproachesPublished: Fri, 15 Sep 2017Extract: The present monograph is an attempt to demonstrate the fact that Translation Studies is not a mere branch of linguistics but an extensive discipline…
- Medical Translation: Functionalist ApproachesPublished: Fri, 15 Sep 2017Extract: Translation is used in every day life and is used in multiple fields of work. Translation is defined in the Collins…
- Contributions of Functionalist Approaches to TranslationPublished: Fri, 15 Sep 2017Extract: The 1980s saw the birth of a number of approaches to Translation Studies (TS henceforth) collectively termed functionalist, which brought about a…
- Polish Brewery Market AnalysisPublished: Fri, 15 Sep 2017Extract: Shareholders, employees with their families and collaborators with their families benefit from the beer business.
- Chritiane Nord’s Notion of ‘Function Plus Loyalty’Published: Fri, 15 Sep 2017Extract: The emergence of functionalist approaches to translation in the 1970s and 1980s was quite revolutionary in that it marked the move from what…
- Features of Non-literary TranslationPublished: Mon, 17 Jul 2017Extract: This essay aims to explain the features of non literary translation. The texts are both specialised, but the specialist fields differ: text 1 belongs to…
- Translation Essays – Sir Frank WhittlePublished: Mon, 5 Dec 2016Extract: Translation Essays – Sir Frank Whittle – The pioneering work of Sir Frank Whittle in developing the jet engine.
- Strategic Planning MethodologyPublished: Mon, 5 Dec 2016Extract: Strategic analysis is a process which is based on three stages: analysis, planning and management.