Social Work Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.Essay Writing Service
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Social Work Essays
- Habitat for Humanity Literature ReviewPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Habitat for Humanity Problem Statement As the Baby Boomers continue to increase in age, there is a growing need for formalized aging in place systems for changes in housing, health care, and human services. However, 87% of Baby Boomers over 65 years old choose to stay in their own homes and communities and age in […]
- Mental Health Psychopathology in Generalist Social Work PracticePublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Self-Reflection Surrounding Mental Health Psychopathology in Generalist Social Work Practice An individual’s sense of right and wrong, normal and strange, are created by the experiences they internalize and integrate into their schemas. Often times, certain topics fail to be discussed or are painted in a negative light. Mental health and mental illness tends to fall […]
- Applications of Risk Assessments for Social WorkersPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: What is a risk assessment? A risk assessment is an important part of health and safety as it used to assess and reduce the potential hazards within a workplace setting to protect the individuals using the service, staff and others who are on the premises. For this you need to be able to identify a […]
- Contemporary Issues in Indigenous Child WelfarePublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Contemporary Issues in Indigenous Health Introduction There has been a battling number of Indigenous children who are not being cared for properly in the homes of their biological parents and many of these children are being apprehended and cared for by non-Indigenous parents. This policy paper will discuss some policies that govern Indigenous child welfare, […]
- Lifespan Perspective in Social Work Practice: Advantages and DisadvantagesPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: What are the advantages and disadvantages of viewing behaviour through lifespan prospective for social work practice? This assignment will cover the definition of lifespan development focussing on middle childhood. Different developmental theories will be discussed in relation to middle childhood and how major life events can effect individuals in that specific development stage. It will […]
- Risk and Safety Assessment Case StudyPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: I believe that we as social workers have to be a strong support for many individuals. Everyone is different in his or her own way, as we know in social work. In saying that, we have to be able to assess, facilitate, and terminate in an appropriate matter. If we as social workers can do […]
- Communication Within Social WorkPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Introduction: Within the area of social work, I will be looking at communication in social work and attachments. This essay will summarise the article: “Communication and social work from an attachment perspective” written by Jim Walker and published by the Journal of Social Work Practice, 2008. Communicating effectively is vital in social work practice and […]
- Care in Contemporary SocietyPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Care in Contemporary Society Sociological Perspectives Functionalist is the focus on society as a system of different parts that depend on one and another. Institutions perform different functions within society to keep it going. The government provide education for children but in turn the families pay taxes which the government depends on to keep it […]
- Application of Ethical Frameworks to Social Work Case StudyPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Applying ethical theoretical frameworks to the practice scenario of Gifty Ethics have been widely considered to have a central role in social work, from both a personal and a professional perspective (Beckett and Maynard, 2013; Rutter and Brown, 2015). Ethics can be defined as the implicit agreement that individuals in society make with each other, […]
- Person-centred Planning (PCP) Case StudyPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Residential Care Practice Module Introduction- the background and importance of PCP. Person-centred planning (PCP) as defined by The National Disability Authority is a way of discovering how a person wants to live their life and what is needed to make that happen (NDA, 2018). In 2002 PCP for people with disabilities was identified as […]
- Current Developments in Evidence-Based Practice in Social WorkPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: What works in Social Work Essay Discuss and critically analyse the current state of evidence based practice in social work. There is often a misunderstanding between social work practitioners and social work academics (Rubin and Parrish 2007) about just what Evidence based practice (EBP) actually is, as various explanations of EBP have often omitted […]
- Unemployment as a Social ProblemPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: SOCIOLOGY HELPS SOCIAL WORKERS TO UNDERSTAND PERSONAL TROUBLES AS PUBIC ISSUES. CRITICALLY ANNALYSE ONE PUBLIC ISSUE RELEVANT TO SOCIAL WORK, IN RELATION TO A THEORY COVERED IN THE MODULE This essay focuses on unemployment as a social problem which can be defined as by the International; Labour Organisation, (ILO,2015, p.1) , “all persons of […]
- Social Work Responses to the Refugee CrisisPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Student ID # Title: The Refugee ‘Crisis’ – The Response of Social Work and Social Development Introduction According to Article 1, Geneva convention, a refugee is described as ‘someone who owing to well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside […]
- Functionalism or Conflict Theory in the Analysis of Social Care Work ProfessionalizationPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Does functionalism or conflict theory provide a more credible explanation of how the professionalization of social care work has developed in Ireland? Functionalism theory Functionalist theory is seen as a structuralist theory that focus on society rather than individual because the individual is product of all the social influences on them and shared values […]
- Factors Shaping Students’ Decisions to Study Social WorkPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Factors Shaping Students’ Decisions to Study Social Work Factors shaping students’ decisions to study social work. Table of Contents PART 1: DESCRIBING THE RESEARCH 1. INTRODUCTION 2. METHODOLOGY AND METHOD 3. ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS 4. THEMATIC ANALYSIS PART 2: REFLEXIVE ACCOUNT 5. REFLEXIVE ACCOUNT AS INTERVIEWER AND AS PARTICIPANT 6. CONCLUSION 7. APPENDICES 7.1 LOG BOOK 7.2 PARTICIPANT INFORMATION SHEET 7.3 CONSENT FORM […]
- Master of Social Work EssayPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Master of Social Work Essay Pursuing a Master of Social Work is important to me because it will expand my career opportunities and open more possibility for employment. Having a master’s degree in social work will allow me to hold a position related to health care, specifically mental health. I intend to use my master’s […]
- Social Work Ethical Issue Case StudyPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Agency Ethics Dilemma A passive neglect report was made to Metropolitan Family Services (MFS) Adult Protection Services (APS) on accounts of a client who will go by Mr. H. Mr. H is an 80-year-old man who was brought to the hospital after his neighbor called the paramedics. The paramedics report finding Mr. H laying on […]
- Planning Social Care Meeting for Patient with DementiaPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Case Study “Mr. Tom Murphy is 79 years old and lives with his daughter and her family on the outskirts of a town in the West of Ireland. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease 5 years ago. He is currently attending a day care Centre. The disease has progressed to the point that he […]
- Issues of Preventing Elder Abuse and NeglectPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: The Issue of Elder Abuse and Neglect There are considerable number of abuses on the elder population not only in the Canada but in other countries as well. These individuals deserve to enjoy and live life to the fullest rather than facing rough situation such as elder abuses. However, this kind of scenarios happen for […]
- Breaking the Cycle of Abuse from Victim to OffenderPublished: Wed, 07 Aug 2019Extract: What evidence is there of a link between sexual offenders and ACE’s? This will look at the relation between ACE’s and childhood violent/sexual offending.
- Causes and Effects of Vicarious Trauma to Social WorkersPublished: Tue, 06 Aug 2019Extract: This paper aims to discuss vicarious trauma to social workers and its effect on the burnout and turn around rate.
- Knowledge Based Practice in Substance Abuse InterventionsPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: This paper will look at how research informs practice. I will be looking at young people and substance misuse and older people and how research might…
- Interventions to Reduce Risk of Criminal BehaviourPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: Essay on the evidence base for and against early intervention in the lives of children and families to forestall the development of Criminal behaviour.
- Sexual Health for Learning DisabilitiesPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: A social workers should act in the best interests of their clients, the service users, and engage in anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice.
- Effect of Communication on Practitioners and Service UsersPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: The issue of managing effective communication is absolutely essential to successful social work practice with unaccompanied minors.