The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.Essay Writing Service
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Aviation Essays
- Fatigue Risk Management in Commercial GA PilotsPublished: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Aviation stakeholders have established fatigue as a leading cause of aircraft accidents. Leading on from this, insufficient sleep and elongated work shifts have to be addressed. Pilots put excessive pressure on the brain and body when they work in longer duty cycles, which jeopardizes their ability to stay attentive and efficient in their work. Castro, […]
- Women in Aviation: The Impact of the Past and the Hope for the FuturePublished: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Abstract The purpose of this research paper is to dissect and evaluate the role women have played in aviation from the earliest stages of flight to today’s current status. The rise of aviation is, more often than not, always accredited to men, like the Wright Brothers, without the slightest regard for the role women had […]
- Airspace for Drones in CanadaPublished: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Executive Summary In order to response the commercial use of drones, I have summarized the information of drones and airspace in Canada. The purpose of the paper was to determine the feasibility of opening airspace for drones in Canada. The classification of drones determines the maximum of attitude, endurance and the maximum of range. […]
- Classification of Pilot Attentional Behavior using Ocular MeasuresPublished: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Classification of Pilot Attentional Behavior using Ocular Measures Abstract. Revolutionary growth in technology has changed the way humans interact with machines. This can be seen in every area, including air transport. For example, countries such as United States are planning to deploy NextGen technology in all fields of air transport. The main goals of NextGen […]
- Case Study: Aloha Airlines Flight 243Published: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Case Study: Aloha Airlines Flight 243 Twenty-nine years ago, on 28th of April 1988 the upper fuselage of Aloha Airlines 243 ripped off the aircraft at 24,000 feet, killing one crew member and injuring many more. Thankfully the pilots did a miraculous job and was able to land the aircraft safely. Metal fatigue at […]
- Environmental Issues in AviationPublished: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Introduction Since its creation, the plane has conquered the world to become today an indispensable and essential mean of transport. Air traffic is therefore constantly increasing, the noise and nuisance it causes affect many people living near airports. The noise related to this type of transport increasingly hurts the human ears. These noises can cause […]
- Steps to Resolve the Pilot Shortage in the Aviation IndustryPublished: Mon, 18 May 2020Extract: Abstract This research topic is intended to evaluate the current situation in aviation industry worldwide, especially within the USA with shortage of pilots. Factors leading to this current condition are further discussed in the paper along with possible recommendations to resolve the situation. The airline industry across the globe is growing at a very fast […]
- Quality Management of Aviation CompaniesPublished: Sat, 08 Feb 2020Extract: The system of an aviation company is based on what is considered quality. This means that there is a set of procedures that are adopted by certain airline companies in an effort to describe their operations. It is a requirement by law that all aviation companies come up with a set of procedures to ensure […]
- Forecasting Global Demand Trends for AviationPublished: Sat, 08 Feb 2020Extract: Forecasting aviation demand is an important factor in being able to make recommendations on the capacity and connectivity that the UK needs to maintain its status as a leading global aviation hub. Without such forecasting assessments for the future aviation demand it is hard to reach an understanding of what is needed for example additional […]
- Foreign Object Damage: Prevention, Costs and DetectorsPublished: Sat, 08 Feb 2020Extract: Abstract There has been significant concern to reduce Foreign Object Damage. (FOD) debris found on the surface of a ramp on an airport includes rocks, screws, fasteners, nails, tools, wire, and rivets. FOD debris can find their way into the strangest places and do considerable damage. Foreign Object Damage poses a perennial hazard to aircraft […]
- Innovation and Developments in AviationPublished: Sat, 08 Feb 2020Extract: How Man’s Dream Became Reality Abstract Through its short history, Aviation has come a long way. This paper highlights the events and technological advancements that contributed towards its development, beginning back to its birth when it was being created by adventurous and practical airmen, as well as engineers and businessmen. Back when aviation was biplanes, […]
- Approaches to Aviation Safety ManagementPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Benefits and Drawbacks of the Predictive, Proactive and Reactive Approaches to Aviation Safety Management Introduction Safety management in aviation is not a new 21st century topic. In the past aviation safety improvement was characterized by a fly-crash-fix-fly approach. We found fly airplanes that have the occasional unfortunate crash and we would investigate the cause(s) to […]
- Supply Chain Management of AerospacePublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Supply Chain Management of Aerospace Supply chain is a crucial part of any business involved in sales of some kind. Aircraft manufacturing is no different to that. Without supply chain a business is simply unable to operate. Airbus and Boeing are the leading aircraft manufacturers in the aviation along with Boeing. Industry demand has led […]
- Analysis of UAV ManoeuvrabilityPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Table of contents Introduction 1. Literature review History 2. Designs and configurations Conventional Unconventional 3. Aerostatic Principles 4. Lifting Gases Similar projects Aerodynamics and Stability 5. Manufacturing and materials Conclusion References List of figures Figure 1‑1: Pilatre de Rozier crossing the English Channel. (Pozdravish , 2011) Figure 1‑2: Hindenburg disaster. (Syon G., Time, 2017) Figure 2‑1: Traditional airship configurations. (Khoury […]
- Effects of Perception, Attention and Arousal on Aviation IncidentsPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: How might our understanding of perception, different categories of attention, and arousal help us understand common causes of aviation incidents? Introduction Human error plays a pivotal role in aviation incidents, it accounts for over 70 percent of aircrafts damaged beyond economic repair. Within the Human Information Processing (HIP) system perception, attention and arousal (P.A.A) all […]
- Facilities Layout Applied in the General Aviation Airport Planning IndustryPublished: Mon, 23 Sep 2019Extract: Facilities Layout Applied in the General Aviation Airport Planning Industry Abstract Purpose: This paper discusses how facilities layouts can further aid to improve airport planning within the general aviation industry. A well-designed airport allows for easier travel for individuals as well as faster travel. This creates a more holistic and user-friendly customer […]
- Emergency Response to American Airlines Flight 587 CrashPublished: Tue, 12 Mar 2019Extract: The crash of flight 587 in 2001 was a tragic incident that left all the passengers and crewmembers dead.
- Alitalia Airlines: Financial Crisis ManagementPublished: Thu, 14 Jun 2018Extract: The liberalisation of the European airline industry was the beginning of the downward spiral for the indicated airlines as the process, as deregulation…
- Aviation Safety Strategies at AirportsPublished: Thu, 14 Jun 2018Extract: The development and implementation of such a plan is only the first step in the process. What is more important is that the plan is operated in…
- Factors Affecting Air Transport Industry CommunicationPublished: Thu, 14 Jun 2018Extract: In many cases, the only common contact point for the great numbers of staff working within the industry is the airport which they work in. Even this…
- Causes and Effects of the Air France 447 CrashPublished: Thu, 14 Jun 2018Extract: The aircraft is thought to have crashed due to temporary inconsistencies between airspeed measurements, caused by the aircraft’s pitot tubes being…
- The Role of the Air Traffic ControllerPublished: Tue, 09 Jan 2018Extract: The people who operate the air traffic control system to accelerate and maintain an orderly and safe flow of air traffic are called the Air traffic…
- Aircraft Performance and Aviation ManagementPublished: Wed, 20 Sep 2017Extract: There are many different lighting combinations that may exist on some aerodromes, especially where aircraft operations are conducted in the lower…
- Conflict Management in AviationPublished: Wed, 20 Sep 2017Extract: Airlines try to take immediate measure when handling unruly and disruptive passengers since they could jeopardize the safety of the aircraft.
- Objectives of Air Traffic Services. (ATS)Published: Wed, 20 Sep 2017Extract: Pilots should have to obey ATC instructions while they are flying. Not only that they have to make conversion between Pilots and ATC unite.