The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.Essay Writing Service
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Criminology Essays
- Murder Investigation of Helen BaileyPublished: Tue, 06 Aug 2019Extract: One key challenge the agencies may have to face whilst the investigation is ongoing is determining the type of response of the missing persons call out.
- Police Management of the Boston Marathon BombingPublished: Tue, 06 Aug 2019Extract: The paper discusses the organizational forethought and effort that the Boston police department exercised in response to the explosion.
- Attitudes of the Community vs. Police: Twenty Years Ago and Now | Literature ReviewPublished: Mon, 05 Aug 2019Extract: The shift of attitude the public has towards law enforcement has consistently teetered towards the negative over the years.
- Literature Review on the History of Human TraffickingPublished: Mon, 05 Aug 2019Extract: Trafficking in human beings is growing rapidly; it even affects those with advanced degrees. In 2001, hundreds of registered nurses in the UK were found to be victims of trafficking in human beings.
- Crimes Committed Through the Dark WebPublished: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: This paper serves to go into detail about what the DW is and how it is used, what types of crimes are committed, and other illegal acts performed within it.
- Columbia and Peru’s Strategies to Combat the Illegal Drug TradePublished: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: These two countries have been the converging points in which international attention has been focussed and where the primary effort to combat the production and trade of these substances has been placed.
- Combating Domestic Terrorism at the State LevelPublished: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: The purpose of this paper will be to explore the domestic terrorist threat currently facing the United States, what role local law enforcement is playing (if any), gaps in the capabilities of local and state law enforcement in combating terrorism.
- Do UK Criminal Justice Courts Achieve their Goals?Published: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: The purpose of the Criminal Justice System (CJS) is to deliver justice for all, by convicting and punishing the guilty and helping them to stop offending, while protecting the innocent and to deliver an efficient, effective, accountable and fair justice process for the public.
- Do the Police Achieve the Aims of the Criminal Justice System?Published: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: When discussing the aims of the criminal justice system this essay will focus on the police. In order to do this the following areas will be critically explored; the history of the police, their aims and their role in society.
- Training for Correctional Officers to Reduce Excessive Force NumbersPublished: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: In performing their daily duties, it is sometimes required to use force to maintain the order of the facility. However, even though using force is accepted in the correctional system, it can be excessive.
- Causes of Drug Trafficking and Strategies for ReductionPublished: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: This research paper will focus on the best methods for reducing the effectiveness of transnational criminal organizations and their efforts to traffic narcotics with analysis on how to implement those methods.
- Can Prison Reform Solve the Overcrowding Issue?Published: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: Overpopulated prisons have been a common topic in the media and has come to be a controversial issue. Is Prison Reform the answer? Will it indeed improve the penal system that has been operating in injustice?
- Symbolic Violence on Social Media: Linking National Identity Numbers to Social MediaPublished: Mon, 29 Jul 2019Extract: A study on the potential and limits of linking users’ registrations to their national identity numbers for the regulation and investigation of crime on social media in the United Kingdom.
- Changing Approaches to Preventing TerrorismPublished: Mon, 13 May 2019Extract: Local officers must ensure they approach both the ‘ideological challenge of extremism and terrorism’, as well as ‘prevent people from being drawn into terrorism’.
- Human Trafficking in Syria: Policy RecommendationsPublished: Fri, 10 May 2019Extract: Human trafficking in Syria is one of the global challenges which has attracted the attention of the international human rights agencies.
- Connection between Human Trafficking and PovertyPublished: Fri, 10 May 2019Extract: Every year millions of humans are being trafficked all over the globe and stripped out of their freedom and dignity.
- Issues in Measuring Crime and DeviancePublished: Thu, 25 Apr 2019Extract: It is difficult to measure crime as the crime statistics are not always a true reflection of crimes committed.
- Effectiveness of Drug Abuse and Resistance EducationPublished: Thu, 25 Apr 2019Extract: This paper explores the D.A.R.E. program and argues how D.A.R.E. can be effective and how it cannot be effective.
- Impact of Brexit on Hate Crime RatesPublished: Mon, 01 Apr 2019Extract: The increases in hate crime following the EU referendum represents merely the tip of the iceberg for hate crime.
- Harmful Impacts of PornographyPublished: Mon, 25 Mar 2019Extract: This essay aims to critically discuss the harmful impacts of pornography with a specific focus on females.
- Human Trafficking in Post-Soviet StatesPublished: Thu, 21 Mar 2019Extract: This inquiry seeks to establish the reasons for increased human trafficking after the fall of communism in former Soviet Union states.
- Challenges to Stopping Mexican Drug CartelsPublished: Tue, 19 Mar 2019Extract: Lack of government structure and corruption within the government makes it extremely easy for cartels to do crimes without any punishment.
- Arguments For and Against Three Strike LawsPublished: Tue, 19 Mar 2019Extract: The three strike law was created to improve the criminal justice system and stray away from violent offenses through punishment of offenders.
- Challenges to Reintegrating Sex OffendersPublished: Tue, 19 Mar 2019Extract: More recently, various legislative measures have been placed in especially both the US and UK which are believed to reduce the chances of re-offending.
- Is Islamophobia on the Rise?Published: Tue, 19 Mar 2019Extract: Abstract Islamophobia remains naturally the wort thing too, unfortunately happen, to this generation instead of moving forward as a society people are going back to being so simple-minded. Many people fear Islam and innocent Muslims and this has undoubtedly affected many innocent Muslim Americans sometime in their peaceful lives. Islamophobia traditionally represents a taught method […]