In this assignment we deal with two companies within the travel and tourism industry, House of Travel in New Zealand and Jetwing holidays in Sri Lanka. House of Travel has already completed a long year’s journey and it has a much longer journey in the future due to its funding. Though it has faced many challenges in the past and overcome several barriers it has a clear vision for the future. On the different, it has been publicly traded and is growing unusually right from its inception in Jetwing holidays.
If you need assistance with writing your assignment, our professional assignment writing service is here to help!Assignment Writing Service
Established by Chris Paulsen, who remains the Executive Chairman of House of Travel today, the principal House of Travel store was set up in Timaru in 1987. Each store is kept running on a joint proprietorship model – half-claimed by a local owner operator. House of Travel Holdings uses their local knowledge and entrepreneurial skills which are supported by House of Travel Holdings (situated in Auckland and Christchurch) in terrains, for example, IT, product, marketing, and HR. (Parker, 2008)
House of Travel launched the principal internet booking arrangement in New Zealand in 2004, offering full flight total. House of Travel Online was market blended and matched in 2009 and is currently the biggest online travel office for flight bookings in New Zealand.
House of Travel was the official agent for travel from New Zealand for the 2014 Commonwealth Games 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro and is the official travel accomplice of Netball New Zealand and the Silver Ferns. (olympic.org, 2019)
Jetwing Hotels Limited is a Sri Lankan hotel chain. Jetwing was established during the 1970s by Herbert Cooray when he acquired the Blue Oceanic Hotel in Negombo from its Swedish proprietor Vinedresser and renamed it Jetwing. Cooray established Jetwing Travels in 1981. Chairman of Jetwing, made his first expedition into the hotel industry with six rooms and 12 employees at the Blue Oceanic Beach Hotel (Jetwing Blue Oceanic). Approximately 2000 staff are working for this company. Broadway’s main specialization is in Hotels and Travels. They also have a BROADWAY MOTEL in central Auckland, New Zealand.
Important inputs in the travel and tourism industry is customer call centers, email, and internet. Email, internet and call centers are needed to provide customers with information, especially if the customer is not in the same geographic location.
Process: House of travel and Jetwing Travels will hold meeting with the customer to decide where customer wants to travel, start and end dates for the trip. The customer must pay for these meetings. During this time travel agents will also check that visa requirements are met. The agent will look for hotels and airlines which fit customer description. The agent will get in contact with customer and inform them of the cheap air flight deals and hotels available. If the customer is happy, they are required to pay fees for the flights immediately, so that their requests can be processed. House of Travel will issue a travel package showing information such as terms and conditions. They will give itinerary schedule, showing departure dates, stop overs etc.
Output: The company has to ensure the customer enjoyed the tour or the trip. They might ask feedback from customer. This is to see if any improvements need to be made. The companies need the customers to give positive reviews about them to other friends or family. Hopefully the company can also sell other products such as travel insurance and that the customer will use their service again.
Tourism industry New Zealand and supported by top industry associations, it gives a star evaluating framework to settlement suppliers and a quality support program for other the travel industry organizations.
Qualmark enables our guests and worldwide travel dealers to choose the correct travel industry item to suit their needs. By searching for the Qualmark logo, customer and travel salespersons can book and purchase with certainty, realizing that the products are quality guaranteed.
Qualmark is as of now being revived to guarantee organizations can stay aggressive when the business is developing and confronting new difficulties. The enhancements imply that Qualmark is taking a considerably more adjusted perspective on what quality methods. It offers an increasingly customized involvement to individuals, perceiving that not one size fits all.
In 2005 the government passed Act No. 38, known as the travel industry act, which supplanted a 1966 law that had set the improvement plan for the part for the past four decades. Under the new enactment, which became effective in 2007, the SLTDA was set up as the nation’s essential the travel industry advancement substance, under the umbrella of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, presently authoritatively named the Ministry of Tourism Development and Christian Affairs, following parliamentary decisions in 2015.
Under Act No. 38, the government likewise settled the Tourism Development Fund, a record that is overseen by the SLTDA and financed through a 1% charge on the turnover of all enlisted the travel industry organizations, just as 33% of Sri Lanka’s air terminal duty income.
New Zealand Tourism Board Act 1991
This Law saw the establishment of Tourism New Zealand to commercialize New Zealand as a tourist destination for the benefit in the long term of the economy of New Zealand. Tourism NZ has a controlling interest in two subsidiaries: Qualmark New Zealand, which provides standards of quality guarantee for products and tourist services, and i-site NZ, which provides information to the visitors while he is in New Zealand.
Tourism Export Council of New Zealand Code of Ethics and Practice
The Council is an exchange affiliation speaking to the interests of the NZ inbound the travel industry. Its enrolment incorporates visit administrators, fascination, movement and convenience and transport providers.
Both the way the people work and along whom they work is nonstop changing. So, it is very challenging for the total team to have pace with the changing world. Nowadays there is a lot of mobile work and much more need of quite elastic work practices.
Most significantly, each individual has different requirements and has different styles of work so it is very important to provide the tools as per their requirement for better productivity on their part regardless their working style. Both companies deal with internet they have attractive package both are doing their work on time.
Some barriers that are faced by its customers as stated by their partners against yield are been worked hard by the House of Travel team and fortunately, they found the solutions to it so that productivity can be improved and great business result can be achieved.
- Outdated processes and tools – Outdated technology is the biggest barrier to productivity. The travel applications formed for better productivity as well as teamwork. Only one sign in can provide access to a wide range of tools without the problem of multiple logins. So, the problem of remembering hundreds of passwords or time for loading of various programs can be avoided (Ali et al. 2016). In addition, with the availability of the tools in all devices will help one to work on the go, i.e. changing the work environment will not require multiple types for saving the work and the work will be also protected. It is only possible because all things are cloud-based.
- Shortages in company culture – Without the required encouragement no tool in the whole world can make the engaged workforce achieve efficient result. To be updated with the changing procedure of work and collaboration support and training is very essential On. the other hand, Jetwing holidays supplies in-person and training continuously to keep skills updated and secure more productivity. They allow their employees to think and share their ideas freely which in turn help the company withstand a tough market.
- Impoverished communication – The most energetic job of a manager is to make the communication transparent and open as a portion of the leadership team. Jetwing holidays inspires two-way dialogue between the members of the leadership team and the employees so that a better work environment can be created. They use Teams, Chat, leadership question-answer sessions and stream meetings so that everyone can subsidize for a better future of the company irrespective their place of
The travel industry income has developed quickly since the finish of Sri Lanka’s 26-year-long affable war against Tamil radicals in the north and east of the nation finished in 2009.
Information from movement consultancy Forward Keys demonstrates that day by day net appointments, appointments made on that day less appointments dropped on that day, altogether dropped following the Easter bomb assaults when contrasted with a similar period a year ago.
Breaking down information from movement booking frameworks that record 17 million flight appointments daily, Forward Keys discovered net appointments to Sri Lanka to be down 186% by and large in the week following the assault, contrasted with a similar period a year ago. Anything over than a 100% fall on any day shows a larger number of abrogation’s than genuine appointments. Lonely planet was named srilanka the best country to visit in 2019. (lonelyplanet, n.d.)
The present assets of the company have also improved significantly. Although the gross margin of the company is decreasing. Though it was walked a great distance over hundred years it has to go more. The team is focusing in improving its standards to be more flexible and soon it is expected to be an emerging company once again with better equipment and practices. It has served the world very profoundly and in future also it will help the world to grow in the information technology sector. In my point of view New Zealand is the best place for TOURISM INDUSTRY because in srilanka’s situation still not in good stage
- Ali, F., Amin, M. and Cobanoglu, C., 2016. An integrated model of service experience, emotions, satisfaction, and price acceptance: an empirical analysis in the Chinese hospitality industry. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 25(4), pp.449-475
- Ara. (2019 , June 5). Travel and Tourism: Legislation, regulations and codes. Retrieved from Ara: https://subjectguides.ara.ac.nz/travelandtourism/Legislation
- lonelyplanet. (n.d.). best in travel 2019 top countries. Retrieved May 28, 2019, from lonelyplanet: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-travel/countries
- jetwingholidays. (n.d.). HISTORY OF JETWING HOLIDAYS SRI LANKA. Retrieved May 25, 2019, from jetwingholidays: http://www.jetwingholidays.com/about-us/our-history.html
- olympic.org. (2019). New Zealand Olympic Committee Partners. Retrieved May 28, 2019, from olympic.org: http://www.olympic.org.nz/about-the-nzoc/commercial-partners/
- oxfordbusinessgroup. (2019). Legislation & Oversight. Retrieved June 01, 2019, from oxfordbusinessgroup: https://oxfordbusinessgroup.com/overview/rising-star-industry-poised-become-key-economic-contributor-coming-years
- Parker, T. (2008, February 01). New horizons for travel company boss. Retrieved May 28, 2019, from nzherald: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10490152
- Reuters, g. (2019, May 05). SRI LANKA ATTACKS. Retrieved May 28, 2019, from graphics reuters: https://graphics.reuters.com/SRI%20LANKA-BLASTS-TOURISM/010091S32RW/index.html
- tourismnewzealand. (2019, May 14). Qualmark – a trusted guide. Retrieved June 01, 2019, from tourismnewzealand: https://www.tourismnewzealand.com/tools-for-your-business/qualmark-a-trusted-guide/
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this assignment and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: