Japanese traditional game
Given the task to innovate a Japanese traditional game, we decided to use the Two – Ten Jack and create our very own which is much simpler to be played. It uses part of the Uno cards and also a board with numbers to be placed with a bet. In order to continuously win the prizes, we construct the game to be in ways that a player must place a bet that is either same number, or same color that is the taken out from the deck of cards played with. The Two – Ten Jack game is played without the dealer and with points deducted and added which in the end, the player with the highest points balance. The next page would be the manual to the game and after that would be the manual to the Two – Ten Jack game. Furthermore, a comparison would be made to show the innovation of our game being born.
The Game Manual for the Two – Ten Jack
The object of two-ten-jack is to get the most points by taking tricks containing positive point cards while avoiding tricks containing negative point cards.
Two players receive six cards each from a standard 52-card deck ranking0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and the remaining undealt cards are placed between the players to form the stock. Non-dealer leads the firsttrick and winner of each trick leads to the next. Players replenish their hands between tricks by each drawing a card from the stock with the winner of the last trick drawing first. Play continues until all of the cards in the entire deck have been played. Points are then tallied before the deck is reshuffled and dealt anew.
Following, Trumping, and Speculation
In two-ten-jack a player may lead any card and the other player must play a card of the same suit if able, or otherwise must play atrump cardif able. If a player has neither cards in the lead suit or trump, then any other card may be played. The highest trump card, or the highest card of the lead suit if no trumps were played, takes the trick
In two-ten-jack hearts are always thetrump suit and theace of spadesis a special trump card known asspeculationranking above all of the hearts. Rules for playing speculation are as follows:
- If a trump (heart) is lead, a player may follow with speculation and must play speculation if no other trumps are held in the hand.
- If a spade is lead, a player may follow with speculation and must likewise play speculation if no other spades are held in the hand.
- If a club or diamond is lead and the other player has neither of these, speculation may be played, and must be played if no other trumps are available.
- A player leading speculation must declare it as either a spade or trump.
Scoring and winning
Cards are worth the following point values:
- 2♥, 10♥and J♥are worth +5 each
- 2♣, 10♣ and J♣ are worth -5 each
- 2♠, 10♠, J♠ and A♠ are worth +1 each
- 6♦is worth +1 point
- Hence the total number of card points per deal is +5. Winner is the first player to reach 31 points.
- The number of players required to play this game is one to two players and maximum five players each round
- Start by placing a single bet.
- Each bet is place on a number between zero to nine and four different colors
- Each time six cards would be pulled out from the deck
- The bet is counted with sweets.
- Each sweet cost RM1.
- Each player starts with a sweet
- The bet with the same color out of the 6 cards drawn will get his money
- The bet with the same number out of the 6 cards drawn will get win 5 sweet.
- The bet without same color or same number out of the 6 cards loses 1 sweet.
- The bet with the same color and same number walks away with Rm50
- The bet with same color and same number and also another same number but different color in the six card drawn from the deck walks away with Rm100
- A player can only place one bet to a number and color per round.
- Not more than 1 player can bet at a same number and color in each round.
- A player has to verify his/her choice of bet before the opening of the six cards from the deck.
- The amount of cards used in Two – Ten Jack is 52 while the game we have created uses 40.
- Also, the Two – Ten Jack is played between players while the game we have created uses a dealer.
- Besides that, the Two – Ten Jack is played with a system of addition and subtraction while we tried to make it compatible by placing bets instead of tricking the other players.
- Furthermore, the game we have created has been added with little elements of western card game like 21.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: