The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.Essay Writing Service
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Sociology Essays
- Benefit of Body Worn Cameras for Law EnforcementPublished: Tue, 06 Aug 2019Extract: Like other new forms of technology, body-worn cameras have the potential to transform the field of policing.
- History of Black Lives MatterPublished: Mon, 05 Aug 2019Extract: The big problem among police officers and African Americans are the issues of prejudice and racism that African Americans have been facing for many decades.
- Sociological and Biological Theories of Crime and DeviancePublished: Tue, 30 Jul 2019Extract: This essay will discuss the concepts of crime and deviance. It will use the sociological and biological approaches to explain crime and deviance and how relative these terminologies are. Official crime statistics will be evaluated as well.
- Women’s Rights in US Social PolicyPublished: Mon, 20 May 2019Extract: The battle has been going on since 1920 but even nearly a century later a common ground has not been established.
- Sociocultural Analysis of University Student DrinkingPublished: Fri, 17 May 2019Extract: Peer influences and social norms have impacted on university students’ alcohol consumption.
- Feminism, Self-Identity and Internalized SexismPublished: Fri, 17 May 2019Extract: Millennia’s old patriarchal structures continues to affect every aspect of human-kind, including feminists through internalized sexism, which leads to feminist on feminist toxicity.
- Plastic Surgery and Contemporary Beauty Standards in South KoreaPublished: Wed, 24 Apr 2019Extract: Since when did the standard of beauty in Korea become so high, and how has the rise of the plastic surgery industry led to even higher beauty standards in this positive feedback loop?
- Precarious Work in the United KingdomPublished: Thu, 04 Apr 2019Extract: Jobs that are precarious offer low wages, few benefits and low security and cause health problems for workers.
- Reasons for the 2017 Women’s MarchPublished: Thu, 04 Apr 2019Extract: The march originated as a protest against the numerous policies, statements, and remarks President Donald J. Trump has made.
- Gender Performativity in Modelling and Drag QueensPublished: Wed, 03 Apr 2019Extract: This paper analyses gender performativity among men and women in fashion modelling and drag acts,
- Relevance of the Propaganda Model in Contemporary SocietyPublished: Wed, 03 Apr 2019Extract: This essay contends to unravel the relevance of the five filters of the propaganda model.
- Constructivist Concepts of TerrorismPublished: Thu, 28 Mar 2019Extract: Terrorism lends itself to constructivist understanding because it relies on our subjective reality.
- Feminist Views of Menstrual Taboo MessagesPublished: Thu, 21 Mar 2019Extract: The present study looked into the following moderators; attitudes toward menstruation, menstrual knowledge and feminist identity.
- Race and Ethnicity: The Relationship to IdentityPublished: Tue, 19 Mar 2019Extract: Race’ and/or ethnicity both play an important role in defining who we are, how we see ourselves and how we are treated by others.
- Immigration and Gender in CanadaPublished: Tue, 19 Mar 2019Extract: The idea that migrants to Canada retain their cultural identity as part of a mosaic rather than assimilating has been contradicted by sociological research.
- Marshall’s Theory of CitizenshipPublished: Wed, 20 Feb 2019Extract: Marshall’s theory in particular, has relevance in 2017 due to the fact that there are several distinct forms of citizenship.
- Theories on the Gender Pay GapPublished: Mon, 18 Feb 2019Extract: This paper seeks to critically analyse the influences emanating from gendered assumptions on contemporary workplaces.
- Social Media from a Functionalist PerspectivePublished: Mon, 20 Aug 2018Extract: A critical evaluation of functionalism and illustrating how social media supports and contradicts the functionalist vision of society
- Evolution of Race in State DevelopmentPublished: Wed, 01 Aug 2018Extract: This review will proceed on three distinct but related lines of examination: (1) how racism should be conceptualised (2) the legal definition of racism…
- Youth Subcultures and ClubbingPublished: Wed, 01 Aug 2018Extract: This assignment will investigate the growing tendency for many young people to plan their lives around the clubbing scene. It will look at a number…
- Effects of Watching Soap Operas | ResearchPublished: Wed, 01 Aug 2018Extract: In this thesis I aim to identify what the younger British public find engaging about Soap Operas, and to identify some of the processes at work during…
- Reflection on Teamwork and GenderPublished: Wed, 01 Aug 2018Extract: As the only male in a group of four female working on a presentation, the learning experience gained reflectively looking back was invaluable.
- Merton’s Theory of Scientific EthosPublished: Wed, 01 Aug 2018Extract: The essay will approach this complex in the following way. First, Merton’s claims will be outlined in as much detail as possible. Second, the essay…
- Should Race Be Used as a Form of Identity?Published: Wed, 01 Aug 2018Extract: In this paper I will investigate the use of race as an identity, as this has traditionally presented us with both the positive and negative model of…
- Roy Bhaskar’s Theory of Critical RealismPublished: Thu, 26 Jul 2018Extract: The term ‘Critical Realism’ is an elision of Transcendental Realism and Critical Naturalism, that has been subsequently accepted by Bhaskar after being…