Social Policy Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Social Policy Essays
- Trump Administration and Temporary Protected Status (TPS)Published: Thu, 16 May 2019Extract: Since he came in office, President Trump has issued several executive orders in his first year aimed at increasing immigration enforcement and border security.
- Gender Quotas in the United StatesPublished: Tue, 16 Apr 2019Extract: Gender quotas in politics have been enforced in more than 130 countries within the last fifteen years.
- Analysis of the Dream Act ProposalPublished: Tue, 16 Apr 2019Extract: The proposed Dream Act of 2018 is based on research showing DACA recipients’ success in improving their standard of living.
- Impact of ‘Femvertising’ Movement on Government ProposalsPublished: Fri, 12 Apr 2019Extract: The focus will be on whether this revolutionary advertising trend could become an effective grass-root activity.
- Immigration in the Last 20 Years: Effect on Community DiversityPublished: Wed, 03 Apr 2019Extract: This paper discusses the key importance of immigration, specifically Mexican immigration trends in the last 20 years.
- Donald Trump’s Discriminatory LegislationPublished: Tue, 02 Apr 2019Extract: For many years the United States has worked to put in place several laws that maintain the equality of all people.
- The United States Death TaxPublished: Tue, 02 Apr 2019Extract: The objective of this paper is to describe and provide a better understanding of the United States death tax.
- Influences of the New Poor Law on Contemporary Welfare ReformsPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: One can see a clear correlation between the values of Universal Credit and the Poor Law 1834.
- Effect of Undocumented Workers on Law EnforcementPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: Since the economic downfall of 2008, municipal and state agencies are being burdened with accomplishing more with less.
- Terrorism Policy in the USPublished: Mon, 25 Mar 2019Extract: The United States has been embroiled in warfare in the Middle East for decades due to various types of terrorist activities and human rights violations.
- The Affordable Care Act: History and AnalysisPublished: Fri, 22 Mar 2019Extract: The ACA reforms the health insurance industry and the American health care system as a whole.
- Gun Policy in the US: Advantages and DisadvantagesPublished: Tue, 19 Mar 2019Extract: Gun Policy from Criminal Justice Perspective Overview The conflict concerning the control of guns in the United States of America has increased over the years because of the increased number of people who are injured and killed in civilian settings. The debate climaxed in 2012 when 20 students in Newtown were killed. As a result, […]
- Effect of Government Policies on TescoPublished: Tue, 05 Mar 2019Extract: This report will identify and explain a range of current government policies which have a significant effect on Tesco.
- Proposal to De-criminalise Recreational Cannabis Use in AustraliaPublished: Fri, 22 Feb 2019Extract: The following report includes an overview of drug offences in NSW with a focus on cannabis. As well as an examination of policy issues associated with the criminalisation.
- Negative Impacts of Donald Trump’s WallPublished: Thu, 21 Feb 2019Extract: Securing the Unites States border between Mexico has been a developing matter through history since the Treaty of Guadalupe was signed in 1848.
- Increasing the Minimum Wage in AmericaPublished: Wed, 20 Feb 2019Extract: With rising energy costs, no real affordable heath-care system in place and rising fuel and food costs the minimum minimally covers the average Americans necessities.
- Arguments For and Against Open BordersPublished: Fri, 15 Feb 2019Extract: This question is concerned with the relationship between states and their members. In debates on immigration, there are usually two positions.
- School Shootings in Atlanta: Causes and SolutionsPublished: Tue, 05 Feb 2019Extract: With more lives being at potential risk, there has been controversy debates over what causes such incidences and what can we do as a society to solve the problem.
- Net Neutrality and Freedom on the InternetPublished: Tue, 05 Feb 2019Extract: The three things that net neutrality aims to do is no blocking, no throttling, and no paid prioritization.
- The Beveridge Report of 1942: Aims and ImpactPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: The Report proposed that people in employment should pay a proportion of their pay into a fund which would then be distributed in the form of benefits…
- Comparing Social Welfare Systems: UK and GermanyPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: This paper will seek to compare the social welfare systems of England and Germany with regard to how they cater for the elderly. The paper will approach…
- Planning and Compulsory Act 2004 | EvaluationPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: The Planning and Compulsory Act 2004 was enacted as a response to criticism of the Compulsory Purchase system in England and Wales.
- Does Poverty Exist in the Uk?Published: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: The answer to this question depends to a large extent on how poverty is defined and measured. It is, like many sociological issues, an ‘essentially…
- Belfast Travellers: Services and PoliciesPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: The case study examines the provision of accommodation and other services for the travelling community in the Belfast area over a 30 year time period.
- Social Exclusion’s Relationship With PovertyPublished: Tue, 14 Aug 2018Extract: This paper will examine what is meant by social exclusion and compare this with some debates about poverty to assess whether the term social exclusion…