Task Statement: To address the theme of project requirements carry out research and from your finding draft clearly structured notes that explain what is:
- Meant by the primary, secondary and tertiary stakeholders
- The purpose of a scope document and sections it should contain
This task is given to find out the description about primary, secondary and tertiary stakeholder of a project and their activities with their concern area. All these will be described on the first section of this task. And the second section here will be defined and described about the purpose of a Scope document and also will be mentioned about its sections it should contain.
The persons or organizations having an investment in what will be learned from an evaluation and what will be done with the knowledge.
- Stakeholders are groups of people who have an interest in a business organization.
- They can be seen as being either external to the organization,
- But some may be both.
Primary stakeholders are the intended beneficiaries of the project.
Roles of Primary Stakeholder:
Participation of primary stakeholders is essential in projects which are expected to have a direct positive impact on defined groups of people
Examples of Primary Stakeholder:
Secondary stakeholders are those who perform as intermediaries within a project.
Roles of Primary Stakeholder:
The main role of secondary stakeholder is linking local governance with national policies. In a few cases, secondary stakeholder plays a role also in consensus building, conflict management, decision making and financing.
Example of secondary stakeholder:
- Intermediate government
- Local government
- The General Public
Tertiary stakeholders are those actors who are considered to have significant influence on the success of a project.
Roles of tertiary Stakeholder:
Tertiary stakeholders provide technical assistance, backstopping, extension and training services in their area of competence. They participate in decision-making and action taking and in awareness raising activities Tertiary stakeholder may assist in marketing, and provide financial support through investments.
Example of Tertiary Stakeholder:
- Line agencies
- Enterprises and companies
- National government & authorities
The purpose of Scope Documentation:
The scope document is a general term for any document that refines and defines the requirements aspect of the triple constraint of time, cost, and requirements. In this general sense, it provides an overview of what the project is supposed to accomplish and clarifies how those accomplishments will be achieved. It may also provide the team members, customer, and project manager with insight on what is specifically not in the scope.
The sections of a scope document:
The outline for a scope document may include the elements discussed in the following sections.
1. Introduction/Background of the Project
- This includes the history and any environmental definitions required to understand the project.
2. Rationale/Business Opportunity
- This component expresses the advantages of moving ahead with the project and why it was undertaken.
3. Stakeholders and End Users
- This will list both business areas and individuals, citing their responsibilities, involvement, and any responsibilities or deliverables they may generate associated with the project.
4. Project Details
- This will sometimes be broken out into the functional requirements for the project and the technical requirements.
- The scope statement may only include the functional requirements.
- It should incorporate all of the mandatory requirements from the contract or memorandum of understanding,
- Should incorporate detail on the features of the deliverable that will serve those requirements.
- Administrative Requirements
- Because administrative responsibilities can be almost as onerous as project deliverable responsibilities, they should be clearly defined as components of the project scope
- Postproject Considerations
- Because the project effort normally makes up only a small component of a total system life cycle, any long-term considerations that will directly affect the project decision-making process should be incorporated in the scope document.
This task was about the types of stakeholders and their respective responsibility in a project. And about their working roles with the example of stakeholder are provided in the task solution as I understand by reading the task statement and from my findings. I also tried to provide the information about scope documentation and its possible purposes.
- Web site:
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: