Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UK Essays.
Whatever I want to achieve in this world one thing is very important to understand that before I reach my goal, before I set my goal or before I desire for something, it is very important to have a positive attitude, I have to get rid of the pessimist streak in me which will cause hinder the progress every time if things doesn’t go my way.
The positive attitude is also applicable when I am dealing with others as most of them are just like me trying to do their best. My attitude will motivate them as well, and will help me too.
When I am applying for a work position, I have to research what that employer needs. Then “tailor” my Attitude and Approach to fit that employer.
When I practice this Attitude and Approach, more often than I’ll find that by helping them first, they’ll be more willing to help me in return.
In other words – when I present myself to an employer as a person who cares about their needs, an employer is more likely to present me with what I need – a job offer.
A time management skill is my ability to recognize and solve personal time management problems. With good time management skills I am in control of my time and my life, of my stress and energy levels. My make progress at work. I am able to maintain balance between my work, personal, and family lives. I’ll have enough flexibility to respond to surprises or new opportunities.
AVOID PROCRASTINATION AND LAZINESS
A basic definition of procrastination is putting off the things that you should be doing now. This happens with all of us time after time.
Yet, what makes a big difference for your success is your ability to recognize procrastination reasons and expressions in their different forms, and to promptly take them under control, before this bad habit steals your opportunities, damages your career and pride, or destroys your relationships. So why do not you do it now?
Causes of procrastination
- Waiting for the right mood
- Waiting for the right time
- Lack of clear goals
- Underestimating the difficulty of the tasks
- Underestimating the time required to complete the tasks
- Unclear standards for the task outcomes
- Feeling as the tasks are imposed on you from outside
- Too ambiguous task
METHODS TO IMPROVE PROFESSIONAL SKILL
I should concentrate on multitasking. Multitasking basically means where i can handle more than one task at the same time efficiently and effectively
Networking is an intentional process of developing relationship between individual in order to exchange information, advice, resources, and support. It is a long-term investment – conscious, ongoing and reciprocal. Networking is not spontaneous, unplanned or manipulative.
DECISION MAKING SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
I should use my decision making skills to solve problems by selecting one course of action from several possible alternatives. Decision making skills are also a key component of time management skills. Decision Making can be hard, almost any decision involves some conflicts or dissatisfaction. The difficult part is to pick one solution where the positive outcome can outweigh possible losses. Avoiding decisions often seems easier. Yet, making my own decisions and accepting the consequences is the only way to stay in control of my time, my success, and my life, if i want to learn more on how to make a decision.
Get help with your essay today
from our professional essay writers!
Visit www.ukessays.com to see how we can help you!
TEAM WORK AND TEAM BUILDING ESSENTIALS
Team building skills are critical for my effectiveness as a manager or entrepreneur. And even if I am not in a management or leadership role yet, better understanding of team work can make me a more effective employee and give me an extra edge in my corporate office. The other critical element of team work success is that all the team efforts are directed towards the same clear goals, the team goals. This relies heavily on good communication in the team and the harmony in member relationships.
Some additional team building ideas, techniques, and tips I can use when managing teams in certain situation.
- I should make sure that the team goals are totally clear and completely understood and accepted by each team member.
- Make sure there is complete clarity in who is responsible for what and avoid overlapping authority.
- Build trust with my team members by spending one-on-one time in an atmosphere of honesty and openness.
- Allow my office team members build trust and openness between each other in team building activities and events. Give them some opportunities of extra social time with each other in an atmosphere that encourages open communication.
Remedies to improve
One at a Time: Set aside blocks of time each day to work exclusively on one specific task. With a little practice and organization, I have found that I’ll be able to accomplish a lot more during these concentrated time blocks.
Prioritize: To avoid procrastination and to make sure that the most important tasks get completed in a timely manner, make a list each day of which tasks need to be addressed. By working on the most important tasks in the priority order I have determine, I have a work list that will help me avoid hopping from task to task.
Set Aside Time: If there are tasks i find consistently interrupting my main priorities, put limits on them. For example, break my habit of checking my email throughout the day and set aside a specific time for it in the morning, afternoon and evening.
Cut out Interruptions: Reduce the likelihood of any interruptions that can get me sidetracked. If I am at my desk, working on my computer, turn off my instant messenger, lock out my email alerts and let co workers know I am busy.
Divide and Conquer<: Research shows that resuming my work is more difficult if I have been interrupted while doing it rather than at a scheduled break. When i have large projects to work on, divide them into smaller parts. Instead of blocking off a full day to work on a project, reserve six one-hour blocks of time to work on specific areas. If I am interrupted, it will make it much easier to get back to the tasks at hand.
PERSONAL SKILLS AUDIT
MY PREFEREED LEARNING STYLE STATES THAT I AM A THEORIST
I like to think problems through in a step-by-step manner I like lectures, analogies, systems, case studies, models, and readings. In my case talking with the experts is normally not helpful. I look at the problems in logical manner, rationality and its objectives; i like to assimilate the disparate fact in to understandable theories. I like discipline and want to set thing into rational order, i am very keen in basic assumptions, principles, systemic thinking, and models
Theorists learn best from activities where:
- What is being offered is part of a system, model, concept or theory?
- I can explore methodically the associations and interrelationships between ideas, events and situations
- I can question and probe the basic methodology, assumptions or logic
- I am intellectually stretched, e.g. by being asked to analyse and evaluate, then generalise
- I am in structured situations with a clear purpose
- I see interesting ideas and concepts, whether or not they are immediately relevant.
Theorists learn least from, and may react against, activities where:
- I no apparent context or purpose
- I have to participate in situations emphasising emotions and feelings
- I am involved in unstructured activities where ambiguity and uncertainty are high
- I am asked to act or decide without a basis in policy, principle or concept
- I am faced with a hotchpotch of alternative or contradictory techniques or methods without exploring any in depth
- doubt that the subject matter is methodologically sound
- feel out of tune with other participants, for example when they are with lots of activists.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please.