Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UKEssays.com.
Report: DXC Technologies
- Performance-related initiatives
- Culture-related initiatives
- Engagement-related initiatives
- Reference List
DXC Technology, commonly referred to as just DXC, was created in early 2017 when Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) merged with the Enterprise Services division of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE).
DXC has 6,000 private and public sector clients spread across the globe. It is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, one devoted to “helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change”. Its local arm provides “Australian businesses with best-in-class cloud, mobility, security services, application development and modernization, IT services, workplace, big data analytics and business process services across a range of industries, such as banking, telecommunications, insurance, government and education”.
- DXC University Online Learning Platform – All DXC employees have access to 120K learning asset with the ability to choose from 7000 courses 65000 videos and 46000 books and audio books along with customized DXC content. It targets management competencies like innovation and creativity, negotiations, finance and strategic thinking, featuring integrated text, video and practice activities for fast, engaging learning. Over 6000 employees have achieved partner certifications in cloud services and more than 25000 are certified in agile and scrum.
- DXC Leadership Academy – Employees completed over 3500 E-Learning modules in the aspiring leaders and management foundation programmes, over 600 managers completed leadership fundamentals and accelerator face to face programmes and more than 3400 employees participated in accelerate 10X10 leadership series.
- DXC sale and Delivery Management Academy – Employees have the opportunity twice each year to develop advanced customer experience skills as sales leaders and agents, in support of specific accounts. In addition, nominated managers receive support from coaches and a social networking community as they hone skills in strategic planning, staffing, client service and automation tools via the Delivery Management Foundations curriculum.
In 2018, DXC technology won the Skillsoft and SumTotal Innovation Award for developing and implementing best in class integrated learning programmes that demonstrate strong result and innovation.
All these initiatives have ensured that DXC ranks #19 on Corporate Responsibility and Capital Magazines list of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens for 2018.
- DXC Military Recruiting Program – DXC proactively recruits and hire veterans, veterans with disability and wounded warriors via partnership with government and community organizations such as The US Department of Veteran Affairs Corporate Immersion Program. To further support military families, DXC engages in outreach efforts through the Military Spouse Employment Partnership. As a long time Veteran Jobs Mission, DXC contributed in FY 2018 through a collaborated search for professional talent that has collectively resulted in the hiring of 400,000 veterans since 2011.
- DXC Rewards and Recognitions – With the Annual DXC Awards for Technical Excellence, it celebrates employees who deliver extra ordinary result for the clients and lead them on their digital transformation journey. In recognizing employees as distinguished architects, engineers and technologists and fellows, the related DXC Tech Honors Program shows the DXC commitment to non-linear, multifaceted career progression and step-wise growth as they build an agile and sustainable digital workforce.
DXC in Spain recently partnered with La Once Foundation, a leading national non-profit that advocates for the blind, on its INSERTA Program to promote the employment of people with disabilities. Through this collaboration DXC will welcome 15 people with disabilities into their workforce in the next 3 years while sharing resources and taking action with La Once Foundation to work towards full inclusion
- Friday Drinks – Every Friday, DXC sponsors drinks for all its employees across the sites where its employees gather and get to know each other over drinks. There is also an opportunity for the employees to participate in games like pool, foosball and table tennis. This event is being attended by all employees including the senior leadership.
- BUPA health check-ups – DXC partners with BUPA and organizes quarterly health checks ups for its employees free of cost. There is a specialist present onsite that conducts diabetes test, BMI index and gives a report related to employee’s dietary requirements and things to be taken care of in future. All employees are also educated about the correct posture they need to sit in while at work by roaming masseurs. DXC also offers DXC Health Plan with BUPA and it’s free for the first month.
Successful organizations understand the importance of creating a culture of employee engagement. No wonder the innovative ideas and changes incorporated by DXC has brought some impressive results like making the cut in top 20 organizations in corporate responsibility magazine. People are the most important element of scalability, as without people there are no processes and there is no technology. Hence, it’s imperative for an organization to invest in their people and make sure that they connect with their workplace. It is correctly said that the only thing constant in today’s organizational development is CHANGE.
“To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself” – Soren Kierkegaard
- Bob Nelson, 2018, 1001 ways to engage employees
- Mike Boissonneault, 2018, Soft Skills & Leadership
- Stephen R. Thorne, 2017, An Everyone Culture: Becoming a Deliberately Developmental Organization
- Berger, 2018, The Talent Management Handbook
- Martin Prodaj, 2015, How to Improve the Performance of Your Company
- Rajesh Nair (Head Robotics and Process Automation, DXC Technologies)
- Prashant Barwal (Senior Consultant, DXC Technologies)
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on the UKDiss.com website then please: