This report discusses about Lipton tea operation management, especially in competitive strategy, new standard in health and safety management, customer analysis and industry analysis. As I know that Lipton tea is one of popular brands of Unilever and has been produced in the late 19th century by Sir Thomas Lipton in Glasgow, Scotland. Lipton brand is the second biggest player in the global drinks market. Lipton tea brings to customers many choices by developing more tea’s ranges and focusing on quality management. Therefore, the employees in many different Lipton factories always work hard to extending its product line by introducing different flavors in its tea bags (caramel, vanilla and etcâ€¦). This is one of strategies that help them compete with other brands. Moreover, Lipton tea bag factory sets new standard of health and safety management and in the past they was awarded OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management standard of SGS and standard ISO9001 and OHSAS 14001 international quality. Moreover, the customer analysis and industry analysis also contribute in success of Lipton tea operation management.
Lipton Tea is a brand owned by Unilever. Lipton has been created in the late 19th century by Sir Thomas Lipton in Glasgow, Scotland. It is a corporate food and beverage controlled more than 300 different products. Lipton tea has been around for over 120 years; it is the tea most recognizable in the world, available in 110 countries and is most common in the United Kingdom, Europe, North America and the Middle East (Lipton, 2003). Lipton is the brand of the 3rd beverage world by the largest amount of sales over 3.3 billion. Sir Thomas J. Lipton has been a pioneer in many fields in the production of tea and the company he founded has been continued traditional innovation and quality is.
1890: The first production purchase tea plantations to ensure their quality and consistency.
1890: The first production exclusively sells packaged tea
1906: Creating a tea blending the first in Britain to enter Japan
1944: Tea effervescent launched in the U.S.
1954: Lipton tea bag introduced
1964: Tea Lipton Ice Tea was introduced in the U.S.
1972: Tea Lipton Ice Tea Canned been launched in the U.S.
1992: Pepsi-Cola and Lipton declared to link
1999: Lipton Ice Tea was opened in the U.S., this is the type of tea was made by real ice tea and cold water.
2000: Lipton tea bag opened pyramid in Japan
2001: launch of Lipton Milk Tea in Hong Kong
2004: Lipton announced to link business with Pepsi global: Pepsi-Lipton International
2006: Lipton Linea was launches in France
Over 100 years of pioneering and innovation have helped bring joy Lipton tea to enjoy many of the worlds than any other company. In the spirit of innovation, research and discovery is not tired, Lipton Shining benefits as interesting about the health of black tea, green tea and processed, including the preservation of the quality of the anti oxidation.
Lipton Tea offers you a large selection of ways to enjoy refreshing, great tasting tea, whether you prefer black or green, hot or iced.
Lipton Tea’s range
Lipton Yellow Label Teabags
Lipton Pot bags
Lipton Milk Tea Original
Lipton Milk Tea Vanilla
Lipton Milk Tea Gold
Lipton pyramid tea bags
Favorable movements in the tea industry can be attributed to two main factors:
a) Consumer need for convenience and time saving services.
b) The positive press for tea. American lifestyle and work habits have made the necessary facilities.
As employers demand for productivity from their employees, consumers are more pressed for time. In addition, the economy shaky has made Americans fear for their jobs, so any product that can fill the needs of consumers for convenience and speed almost automatically accepted into American lifestyle. Studies continue to show properties the beneficial of tea, with health benefits ranging from lower cholesterol to improve arterial health and reduce chance of cancer. Recognizing this trend, companies in different industries tea was made with innovative products to take advantage of the booming market for ready to drink tea. Lipton tea, one of the leading global beverage brands, launch new products to meet the growing need for ready to drink tea and to introduce innovative product line to capture the sense medical-market.
Lipton has also focused on extending its product line by introducing different flavors in its tea bags (caramel, vanilla and etcâ€¦)
Lipton tea bag factory sets new standard in health and safety management
The factory Lipton tea bag, one of the largest manufacturing companies in Jebel Ali Free Zone has been awarded OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management standard of SGS, the Swiss based company quality standards.
The addition of standard ISO9001 and OHSAS 14001 international quality and environmental certificates awarded to the factory Lipton tea bags last year, making it one of the Unilever global companies to achieve first all three awards. Factory activity using standard Lipton now three systems in the framework of its integrated management.
When it was first opened in 1998, the Lipton tea bag factory in Jebel Ali produced 4,000 tons of the world’s leading tea brands Lipton yellow label. As a site sourcing strategy for the beverage business of Unilever, Lipton parent company, current production is located about 14 million tea bags every day, par for the GCC and other key markets worldwide.
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.View our services
According to the Ultimate Middle East business resources, Unilever, ‘Hunashi Arif, Director General Factory, manufacturers say “The site was developed with a significant rate in three years with continuous capital investment to serve the increasing need for both in and outside the GCC Lipton From the very beginning and throughout this period of growth, quality and safety have always been in. our top priority. Once we ensure the quality management certificate of ISO9001, and although we always enjoy a healthy safety record, the management team then set a course to achieve the OHSAS standard. With the help of Quadra Integrated Management Solutions, Lipton team was able to match our needs with the standard OHSAS to create a model will certainly be followed by other activities”
Lipton uses only top of the tea leaves. These are the youngest, softest and most taste best production, best quality tea. They have property of their tea in India, Kenya and Tanzania. They also conducted extensive research program in real estate to improve their development and harvesting practices for customers to enjoy a delicious tea cup. With real estate their own, they can maintain the mission of Sir Thomas Lipton is constantly finding new ways to improve the quality and provide the best tea experience.
They also derived from tea as many as 35 countries to ensure a consistent flavor.
Provide an uninterrupted. These teas have to be the best of the best professionals to meet their tea.
Part II: Brand Development
There are two main target markets for ready to drink ice tea. A group of consumers on the road, these are the staff, students, and other consumers, who lead a busy lifestyle. The busy Americans lifestyles demand for yield optimization less time-consuming. Thus, there is a need for products that are accessible and available. Convenient dominated the market, especially food and beverage industry. The other groups should be created for health conscious consumers, particularly baby boomers who patronize anything healthy. The positive reviews as well as research on the benefits of drinking tea have stirred an interest in tea. Representing about 10 percent of the world market for tea Lipton ice tea is ready to improve your customer base through an agreement with PepsiCo and powerful marketing strategy that the main factor for the improving market performance of Lipton ice tea is its health benefits. Consumers believe that tea is very good for the body; thus, it is more logical to drink more tea and less soda pop and other drinks.
Consumers drink Lipton tea because of its beneficial effects to one’s health. Consumers consider taking Lipton as a healthy habit. 100 percent natural tea and 150 mg of antioxidant protection nature has made Lipton tea a main participant in the global tea market. “Many tea drinkers choose Lipton because it is really inexpensive and you can get it just about anywhere. It is surprising that more people do not drink tea, as they would longer, happier and healthier lives if they did”.
– In 2005, the industry category only reached 1.7 billion U.S. dollars and is expected to continue development indefinitely. Market analysts believe the industry will only continue explosion and are not expected to reach saturation level in the near future. Favorable movements in tea industry can be attributed to two main factors:
a) Consumer need for convenience and save time, service.
b) Positive press for tea.
– American lifestyle and work habits have made the necessary facilities. When employers demand for productivity from their employees, consumers are more pressed for time. Besides, shaky the economy has Americans fearing for their jobs, so any product that can fill consumers need for convenience and speed almost automatically accepted into American lifestyle.
– Studies continue to show the beneficial properties of tea, with health benefits ranging from lower cholesterol levels to improve health and reduce the chance the arteries of cancer. This positive press has certainly catapulted demand for tea. Both need for convenience only and click actively promote
sales of tea products, particularly ready to drink tea sold in single serve containers.
– Recognizing this trend, companies vary in tea industry has launched innovative products to take advantage of the booming market for ready to drink tea. Lipton tea, one of the leading global beverage brands, launch new products to meet increasing need for ready to drink tea and to introduce innovative product line to capture the health conscious market.
More than a century, Lipton has been dominated world tea market with the company tea-based drinks including leaf tea, infusions and ready to drink tea.
1) Aggressive Marketing Strategy – Unilever could take advantage of the media actively health benefits of tea to promote sales of the product line it ice tea.
2) Improved packaging – Currently, Lipton Ice Tea is available worldwide in two sizes: 16-oz bottles and 2 liter bottles. Unilever may come to different packaging sizes to ensure that consumers will have more choice and that Lipton Ice Tea will be easy and available to consumers.
3) Improve the presence Shelf – PepsiCo, Unilever can make an agreement with retailers to ensure retail shelf space and prominent position for Lipton Ice Tea. “Although the average purchase can not find the brand is placed in prominent places on the shelves or how many rooms are allocated for each manufacturer, shelf space and position as a make or break factors in introducing new products “.
4) Improve product – PepsiCo, Unilever to continue research and creativity of their development strategy to the new flavors and products. Unilever has expanded the basis of research on product improvement. Company can use its resources and professional to come up with new flavors suitable for continuous for healthy ready to drink ice tea. With strong marketing strategy and product positioning, Lipton Ice Tea is available leading global ready-industry-tea ice.
Lipton Tea is a brand owned by Unilever. Lipton has been created in the late 19th century by Sir Thomas Lipton in Glasgow, Scotland. More than a century, Lipton has been dominated world tea market with the company tea-based drinks including leaf tea, infusions and ready to drink tea. Under the slogan “direct from the tea gardens to the tea pot”, Lipton wanted to make tea a popular and approachable drink for everyone. Lipton has also focused on extending its product line by introducing different flavors in its tea bags (caramel, vanilla and etcâ€¦) Over 100 years of pioneering and innovation have helped bring joy Lipton tea to enjoy many of the worlds than any other company.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: