Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UK Essays.
“Asocial network servicefocuses on buildingonline communitiesof people who share interests and activities of others. Most social network services areweb basedand provide a variety of ways for users to interact, such ase-mailand instantservices.” Boyd (2007)
What is Social Networking?
Social Networking is the forming of persons into specific group. It is a worldwide community while networks achievable human beings in particular place to some other places through the internet, since internet overflowing those people are looking to other peoples sharing the information of relations, religious, experience of work, etc., Most social network services such as chat, message, email, video, video chat, file sharing, blogging, discussion group and so on.
What are the uses of Social Networks?
It offers some benefits to organization members.
Learning of supports:
- In essence of social networking require as a less controlled, user environment, which challenged convention view of the attractive management of learning and teaching.
- The most conventional learning environment is objectivist in life and highly planned in term of student development and selection.
- While here are best points on other side of the contest to essential difference in academic position.
Support for members of an organization:
- Social networks help the improvement of communities of practice, It can be used all folks of an organization, moreover people not involved in working with students.
Effort of information and applications:
- In the case of many social networking service can be provided to assistance of users by simplify to access other tools and applications.
- A potential assistance of social networks could be the common interfaces which span works. However, in addition of barrier to those who wish include the severe limits between work and social activities.
Examples of Social Networking Services:
There are several sites of social networking sites
Facebook: Facebook is a social networking Web site that allows people to communicate with their friends and exchange information. In May 2007 Facebook launched the Facebook Platform which provides a framework for developers to create applications that interact with core Facebook features. 
MySpace: MySpace is a social networking Web site offering an interactive, user-submitted network of friends, personal profiles, blogs and groups, commonly used for sharing photos, music and videos. MySpace is currently the world’s sixth most popular English-language Web site. 
LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking site. It is an interconnected network of professional all over the world. In the website have more than 50 million members in excess of 200 countries around the world. 
Bebo: Bebo is a most popular site in UK. It has a more than 25 million members in this site, the journalist, musicians and writers are using this website interrelation to the people. 
Ryze: Another business oriented site called as Ryze. It is a first online networking site; the people who can expand the business networks meeting such as new people to join business, industries, safety, and geographic areas. 
What are the Advantages and Disadvantage of Social Networking?
Social networking is a modern creation to facilitate the internet unmoving reputation through the people. Present community to stand the collective of networking site even as advantage and also disadvantage.
Here are the some advantages
- It is free cost online networking in favor of together with personal and business peoples.
- Personal thing is quite easy for everyone; the business works understand the real cost, size, difficulty, etc.
- Although social networking site survey of target markets and potential customers among a small amount of clicks in addition to keystrokes, adding an increase of the advertisement as well as strategies.
- Individual appearance of social networking to make easily to find the people of corporate social networking.
- You can develop the customer satisfaction to connect both personal and professional level.
- To join with corporate social networking to form a good contacts with new people from your company.
- You able to good references and build a reputation with social networking.
- It is a tremendous to get a network in your field or trade. 
- I do have friends who have many other friends whom I don’t know. There is prospective of such a common situation.
- In the social networking sites to very helpful for students, many students organizations contain particular social networks designed to help students connect. E.g. MySpace, bebo, etc. 
- To Share Multiple Points of View protected folks could not understand a lot of different points of the people who have possible to hold extremely different way of thinking, although to learn the diversity and experience to various points of view.
- Most of them can use mobile social networking tools to along with friends and makestrategyon the fly.
Here are the some Disadvantages
Lack of Anonymity
- The majority of people would be careful, but individual to be firm at all time.
- They are putting information about our name, location, and several types of information that we may not want to let others know, since the people know how to exact to find the way.
Scams and Harassment
- There is some illegal plan for making money failure of security together with personal and business level.
- While several sites apply to certain dealings of these cases of irritation, cyber-stalking, online scams, as well as personality.
- The explanation of social networking supposed to be entertainment sites, whether the people are doing its kick or click in the order of business purposes.
- Some people assumed it is not kind of thing it would be a waste of time.
- At the present there is something in actual fact not anything without a mark, other than type of networking should not be actually to be much regarding of your safety.
- As long as we go restricted of make a big mistakes, that time as good quality.
On one occasion to understand the advantages and disadvantages of social networking, then you can travel through without fail. 
Social networking is great convenience of people. Easily connect with friends, reconnect with old friends with the few button clicks.
However, like all things have well with some people time to spend the internet. As well as the people getting the internet to community, chatting through instant messenger. It becomes a safety and security issues. Online social networking sites agree to user that a constant site and making a explicit or improper content is removed. Some requirement of social networks makes a risky situation of children and young adult. Even though in future will be a technologies surrounding of social networking.
Boyd, Danah, Ellison and Nicole (2007) “Social Network Sites: Definition”,Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication 8:17 PM 11/14/2009
- Social networking, Available: http://www.whatissocialnetworking.com/
- Learning of supports, Available: http://thejournal.com/Articles/2008/05/21/Social-Networking-Learning-Theory-in-Action.aspx?Page=3 [8:00 PM 11/14/2009]
- Facebook, Wikipedia, Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook
- MySpace, Wikipedia, Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myspace
- LinkedIn, Wikipedia, Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinkedIn
- Bebo, Wikipedia, Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bebo
- Ryze, Wikipedia, Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryze
- The Advantages of Social Networking, Available: http://www.everyday-wisdom.com/social-networking.html [8:17 PM 11/14/2009]
- Connections, Available: http://www.life123.com/parenting/tweens-teens/social-networking/advantages-of-social-networking.shtml 8:17 PM 11/14/2009
- Disadvantages of Social Networking, Available: http://www.everyday-wisdom.com/social-networking.html [8:17 PM 11/14/2009]
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please: