Eco-Friendly Sustainable Building
|✅ Paper Type: Free Essay||✅ Subject: Construction|
|✅ Wordcount: 900 words||✅ Published: 10th Jul 2018|
People build building and structures for meet their social need and for shelter from out sided attack which is like wind, rain, sunlight and etc. For developer, they build building is to meet economic needs which is for investment and to satisfy corporate objectives. People’s lifestyle and the standard of living and also modernized a community can be improved by the grown of building. Essential and highly visible construction contributor to the process of grown of the country, which means the more of the construction industry grown, the more the country grown. But however, the growing of construction industry brings adverse impacts to environment. So growing acceptance and realization throughout the world that there is a need for more responsible approach to environment. Sustainable building is a UK strategy for more sustainable construction. The other word for sustainable building is Green building; it is design for minimum waste during the construction and after the construction. More construction used a lot of energy and makes a lot of pollution, but in green construction there is minimize of energy used and also never pollute the environment. Most of these points make a good business to developer which is minimizing the waste and increase the efficiency.
Advantages of sustainable building
- Energy efficiency
- Water efficiency
- Material efficiency
- Indoor environment quality enhancement
- Operation and maintenance optimization
- Waste reduction
- Cost and payoff
- Reduce environmental impact
- Green buildings are designed to use renewable energy efficiently and reduce the dependency of non renewable energy source supplied through the use of non renewable materials which is like coal diesel, etc.
- For example, solar panels convert sunlight into electricity, polystyrene as heat insulation in reinforced concrete wall.
- Energy efficiency helps to reduce CO2 emissions.
- Use high efficiency window or insulator in wall floors and ceilings to release heat in summer time
- Efficiency window allowed sunlight go into house, so we no need switch on light during day time
- Plant tree at the outside of house to shade roofs or window during the summer time
- Renewable energy such as solar power, hydro power, wind power or biomass can reduce the impact of the building to the environment
- Reducing water consumption and protecting water quality are key objectives in a green building
- Done through on site collection of rain water, purification and reused on site
- Utilization of waterless urinal or low amount flush allows the efficiency use of water
- Install purification system can purify Water which from tank
- Water collect tank. Collect rain, human waste and store it temporary
- Use purified water to bath, wash cloth, wash car, and for cook
- Conversation of water reduce the cost
- Green buildings can be constructed using renewable materials like bamboo, timbers from sustainable managed forests
- Construction material derived from recycled raw material such as : dredged material from seabed, incineration ash, construction and demolition waste, copper slag, steel slag.
- Non toxic, renewable and recyclable product for example: Trass, Linoleum, sheep wool, panels made from paper flakes, compressed earth block, adobe, baked earth and ect.
- Use recycled industrial goods such as coal combustions products, demolition debris and foundry sand in construction site.
- Material of building must have extractable and manufacturable, so that it can minimize the energy embedded in transportation.
- Material done at factory can reduce the sound pollution
Indoor environment quality enhancement
- Requires the less usage of indoor air conditioned and reduction in artificial lighting
- Done through efficient design of windows, air sills, chimney that allows wind to pass within the building
- Careful integration of nature and artificial light sources to improve on the lighting quality of a structure
- HVAC system control by the air flow and people’s temperature, AC will start working when only room temperature is no longer comfortable.
- Light will switch on automatically which only got people
Operation and maintenance optimization
- Operation and maintenance optimization personnel of the building will help the green criteria designed at the onset of the project through proper training and sustainable guidelines of the recycling and maintenance of the quality of the indoor environment
- No matter how sustainable a building may have been it design and construction, it can only remain so if it is operated responsibly and maintained properly
- Sustainable construction also seeks to reduce waste of energy, water and material used during the construction process.
- Green buildings also promotes on-site solutions such as compost bins to reduce waste going to landfills
- Conversion of human waste into organic fertilizers for agricultural use.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: