This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
The importance of being prompt and Professional
Customers have expectations from the support unit and it is up to the support unit to uphold these expectations by being prompt and professional. The importance of being prompt and professional lies in the foundation of every business that provides a service to customers. One of the importances of being prompt is when the service has been delivered within the time scale that was agreed on, this will leave the customer having confidence in you and the company which will have a positive effect on the unit. Delivering the service on time with professionalism will define the standards of the service provider. Without the promptness and professionalism, it would make the customers feel very isolated and they would want to cease contracts with the service provider which would obviously leave the unit losing out on revenue. The value of the customer should be the most precious asset to the business, so it is vital that expectations are met with excellence in order to keep customer satisfaction high.
The effects of service being delivered without being prompt and professional
From Customer Side:
- Poor/delayed service from the Support Unit would result poor/delayed service from the customer to their customer - would have a snowball effect.
- Downtime for the customer would be costly so being prompt is vital. Prolonged downtime would mean the customer would have to cut back on the level of service that they provide to gain back the loss which they have uncounted, which could result them losing customer satisfaction from their customers.
- The customer might want to change Customer Support Unit provider which could be time consuming to find a company within company's financial scope, which could result more downtime and lost of earnings for the customer.
From Customer Support Unit:
- Customers who receive bad service wouldn't want to continue their contract or come back to the Customer Support Unit which would result the unit losing their existing customers. This effect would mean the unit would lose revenue from exiting customers plus the Support Unit would have to invest in marking to gain new leads with will affect the finance revenue.
- Existing customers who are happy with the service are more than likely to give out good referrals which would increase the number of customer's which equals increased revenue for the Support Unit.
- Bad referrals would be damaging to the company's reputation. A company with a bad reputation would have to invest in making the company more efficient which can be costly and difficult if the company is suffering financially.
- Remote Assistance: Technician is able to take control of customer's computer.
- Step-By-Step Instructions: Customer is given written step-by-step instructions either by email or in written format.
- In Person: Technician is able to interact with customer or/and computer.
Shutdown Patch for Windows 98 2nd Edition Operating System
---WEB PAGE SNAPSHOT---
---SOFTWARE PATCH DOWNLOAD PAGE---
Task A6: ****** Refer To Contact Sheet*******
Task A7: ******Refer to Template******
Ten questions to customer:
- What was the response time from call?
- Was the technician knowledgeable?
- Was he/she efficient?
- Did they explain how to use the hardware/software after installing?
- Did they comply with the establishment policy?
- Did they tidy after themselves?
- Did they test after install?
- How was their appearance?
- Did they have the right equipment?
- Did they contact you after install, if how soon after?
- Data filtering is when data has have been obtained and is sorted to the users needs.
- Â Raw data is unstructured data. By filtering the raw data it makes it possible to be analyzed.
- The reason why customer support data is analysed is so if any areas of the customer support that needs to be improved can be identified and a plan can be put in place to rectify the problem/s
These are some areas that could be improved that could have been identified from analysed data:
- Being More Efficient: There could be an area where analysed data showed that the customer support unit were being less efficient than expected and were using more resources then needed. Improvement on efficiency would be needed.
- Technical skill. A result could show that a certain number of staff had a limited level of technical knowledge. Here the company would have to train the staff in order to raise the level of knowledge.
- Customer Satisfaction. A result could find that a large number of customers was not completely satisfied with the level of service provided from the support unit. This would indicate that customer service would be needed to be improved.
4. ******Refer to Trends analysis sheet******
Task D1: ******Refer to Flow Chart******
Task D2: ******Refer to Template******
Installing a New Driver
There are two ways to install a driver. It can be installed through setup or manually
- Right click on "my computer"
- Choose "properties"
- Choose "device manager" (In Windows 2000, you have to choosethe "hardware" tab first and then "device manager"). This will display a list of the devices that are on your computer.
- Right click on the device and click “properties".
- Choose "driver" and click "update driver"
- You will be asked to browse for the new driver
Booting from an emergency boot disk
To get PC working, reboot and press F8 again, but this time select Safe Mode, and then choose Start â-º All Programs â-º Accessories â-º System Tools â-º System Restore.
Loading and running a diagnostic disk
1. Insert your Windows XP CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive and restart your computer. If your computer is not booting into Windows, you will still need to have your computer powered on to open the CD-ROM drive and insert the CD before restarting.
2. Many newer computers are set to boot CD by default or have an option to temporarily change the boot order. Look for one of these messages as your computer starts:
- F12 (or another key) = Boot Menu
- ESC (or another key) to select boot device
- Press any key to boot from CD
3. If you needed to press a key for a boot menu or to select a boot device, you should now have a menu of the devices your computer can try to boot from. Choose your CD-Rom drive and press Enter.
4. When you see the "Press any key" message, your computer is ready to boot from the Windows XP CD. Just press Enter. Your system will load files and bring you to the Windows XP Setup screen.
Methods to access current skills
Exam: With this method, members of staff would be assessed on there theory skills.
Demonstrate: With Demonstration, staff would be assessed on their practical skills.
Three potential coaching subjects:
- Quick response - Customers may rely heavily on their ICT systems, a quick response is required in case of failure as delays can be expensive.
- Commutation skills - Commutation skills are extremely important. Staff should be able to explain/ describe technical problems to an person with no or little understanding of the ICT field.
- Troubleshooting skills - Problem solving skills are vital in a customer support environment. Staff should be able to have the ability to search and solve problems in an logical and systematic way.
Ways to evaluate the effectives of the coaching:
- Direct feedback
A list of different methods to satisfy a range of learning styles:
- Peer-to-peer support - Verbal
- Hand outs/ presentation - Theory
- Demonstrate - Hands-on
- Formal training - Structured Training
End of Assignment