Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UK Essays.
Through this research been carried out successfully then only I will be able to classify the core reasons for the problem. From the reasons identified I will be able to solve the problems.
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional essay writing service is here to help!Find out more
After solving these issues faced by Vodafone, Vodafone will be more successful in running the floor and will be able to be helping Vodafone sales team to advance their day to day operations through a given timeframe. It is also help them to implement and evaluate the solutions specified.
The management concept used in order to solve the issues identified is Fayol’s Management theory concept:
By means of this concept it has helped me to get the possible solutions for the business problems identified by the Vodafone sales team managers and also to find the reasons behind the core problems.
2.4AIMS AND PURPOSE OF STUDY
- To identify some general business problem that exists within the Vodafone organisation.
- To know the reasons behind the problems taking place.
- How to resolve these business problems.
- To discover how solving these problems would be feasible for Vodafone.
- To ensure that all information about Vodafone given by myself in this business proposal is fair and accurate to my best extent.
- The problems identified are relevant and suitable to work on duration of this course because the problem identified is ongoing in many organisations in New Zealand.
- The problems I’m elaborating on are significantly important to be solved and thus the learning outcome will be of assistance to me when I join the workforce.
- To get more practical knowledge on how to find reasons and solutions behind problems.
3.1RESEARCH PROCESS TO GATHER PRIMARY DATA EXPLAINED AND JUSTIFIED
The research procedure was carried out by a mixture of research methods (Quantitative and Qualitative).
- Face-to-face interview
- Exploring attitudes and behaviour of the staffs of Vodafone
In using these research methods I was going to:
- Find facts
- primary data
The process also includes interviews of the staffs and managers to find out the reasons of the problems and then work out the solutions for the problems identified.
A content analysis was also used to find out the facts of the analysis and get solutions.
3.2PRIMARY PROCESS/SIZE OF SAMPLE POPULATION
The initiation of this project started with the formulations of ideas as to what needs to be looked into to reach the aim of this survey. Once that was done, a questionnaire was made with regards to getting a specific ins and outs of what goes on the a Vodafone contact centre and how it’s inefficiency can leading to failed productivity.
The sample size was quite small as this related to just one area within the greater Vodafone Business. On the 10th of April about 10 staffs were given questionnaires to fill and the choice was given to them either to put their name or leave them anonymous.
I also did face to face interview of the 2IC of the Sales Team.
From the responses provided in the questionnaire I was able to do an analysis of the problems.
3.3STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES USED FOR THE TASK
The statistical tools used in this project included the employment of
- Fishbone diagram
- Gannt chart
- Henri Fayol management theory.
3.4INTERVIEW CONDUCTED AFTER SURVEY (DATES AND TIMES IN APPENDIX)
An interview was carried out on the 2nd of April of some of the staffs and managers of the Vodafone Sales teams at the Vodafone Sales office in Penrose, Auckland City, New Zealand.
3.5LITERATURE REVIEW AND THEORY OF MANAGEMENT IN RELATION TO TOPIC
I have reviewed some:
- Vodafone Catalogues
- Articles in newspapers
- Internet Research
The research comes under the process of controlling. The managers of Vodafone necessitate using Fayols 5 functions of Management in order to get to the bottom of the issues they are facing at the moment.
3.6RESEARCH INSTRUMENTS USED
The research methodology was carried out by a mixture of research methods (Quantitative and Qualitative).
- Face to face interview
- Participant observation
- Fishbone diagram
3.7STRENGTHS AND LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
- The staffs were very helpful.
- They were quite open to answering the questions.
- Inaccuracy of results.
- Sample size is not good enough as I couldn’t get the responses of all people.
- Hard to summarize the data.
3.8MANAGEMENT THEORIES USED TO HELP EXPLAIN METHODOLOGY
In order to recognize the problems and to find the reasons for the problems I have used the SWOT analysis and the “Cause & Effect” – Fishbone diagram.
The swot analysis has helped me to identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and treats of Vodafone. This method has helped me to identify the business problems, draw conclusions and to translate these solutions into a Strategic action plan. This method has also been able to provide me with assistance in consolidating the strengths, reducing the weaknesses, grab the opportunities, minimize the treats, facilitate the plan and alternative choices, help to innovate and ensure the well being and prosper ship of Vodafone in achieving the goals and missions.
The fishbone diagrams has helped in to jot out the possible solutions to the problems Vodafone is facing and also the steps and resources needed to achieve these solutions. It shows the problems, the solutions and the 6 categories.
The fishbone diagram is in the appendix as Figure 2.
4.1SUMMARY OF PRIMARY RESEARCH RESULTS
After a complete search and interviews I got some invaluable information and some primary data.
For Vodafone the business problems identified were under the OTHERS category. Upon identifying the problems I have also identified possible solutions to the acknowledged problems. The research results after the interview also showed:
THE PROBLEMS IDENTIFIED AND THE RESONS BEHIND THEM:
-mind set of managers
-priority given to some culture only
-preference of the leader
ILLEGITIMATE SICK CALLS:
-Lack of Motivation
AGENTS NOT SHOWING UP TO WORK WITHOUT NOTIFICATION
-lack of rules in the department
LACK OF MOTIVATION
-from the Managers from upper level
STAFFS ARE COMMITTING FRAUD.
-lack of motivation
-mind set of employees that they can get away with any fraud
LACK OF POWER TO STAFF MEMBERS
-lack of motivation
4.2ANALYSIS OF DATA WITH RESULTS OF PRIMARY RESEARCH ANALYSEDAND DISCUSSED RELATING TO AIM AND PURPOSE OF THE INVESTIGATION
I myself believe that these problems are common for gigantic companies such as Vodafone.
As the researcher I have identified the business problems and the possible solutions which will also help Vodafone sales team to improve their day to day operations through a given timeframe. It is also help them to implement and evaluate the solutions specified.
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.View our services
It’s important to resolve these problems as soon as possible reason being failure to get a resolution on Vodafone’s part will result in inefficiency and diminished customer faith in the company.
4.3RESEACH DATA ANALYSED AND INTERPRETED
Face to face interview was carried out and first hand information was obtained from personnel whose working with the organisation of study.
It is not taken from any old Vodafone reports which may be outdated and obsolete because reports are done periodically and. An interview with a Vodafone employee gave me 1st hand information.
4.4LIST OF POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES
1. CULTURAL DIFFERENCES
- Managers need to develop their leadership skills and treat everyone equally putting aside the culture difference of the staffs.
- They require more training.
2. ILLEGITIMATE SICK CALLS.
- Get rid of the free to call sick line number and get sick calls to come to managers directly.
- Make a requirement for the actual employee to call in rather than having their family members call on their behalf.
3. AGENTS NOT SHOWING UP TO WORK WITHOUT NOTIFICATION.
The procedure in place take care of such scenarios includes the following steps:
- Making contact with the agent who is not showing up.
- Sending an email request to make contact with Vodafone.
- Once a month has passed, a final call is made to the person absent to make contact with the company to discuss their future with the company.
- If contact is made, then there are further procedures such as a probation period for the agent. If contact is not made, then the agent’s contract is terminated.
4. LACK OF MOTIVATION.
- As providing motivational promotions can be costly, during the in between time, promotions should be invented which is not too expensive but enough good enough to boost team morale.
- Managers should make sure they’re setting a good example of efficiency and enthusiasm.
- Set goals and reward the staff when the goals are achieved. The reward can be as simple as a star on the calendar and a bigger reward at the end of the month if there are enough stars for each day.
4. STAFF IS COMMITTING FRAUD.
- Monitor calls and see if there is a pattern of a particular number calling multiple times to identify fraud.
5. LACK OF POWER TO STAFF MEMBERS.
- Vodafone identified that the number of these escalations were growing exponentially so just recently a new tool called VODAFONE HERO was launched to give agents over the phone additional powers to assist customer further and increase customer faith in the business.
6. INEFFICIENT MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that reminders are saved for one on one meeting and these are scheduled in advance.
- Ensure that all updates are done through direct communications.
4.5MANAGEMENT THEORY USED TO EXPLAIN MEANING OF FINDINGS
OF RESULTS AND RELEVANCE
To discover the possible solution for the problems identified and to find out the core reasons behind these problems I have used Henri Fayols creative problem solving techniques: i.e.
4.6EVIDENCE OF ORIGINAL RESEARCH
The evidence of the original research is in the appendices section including:
- Interview Questionnaire
- Fishbone diagram as problem solving tool.
I have also researched:
- Internal- Vodafone Sales 2IC questionnaire.
- External-references, online assistance.
5.1STATEMENT OF CONCLUSION
Upon completion of this research it has helped me in identifying the problems, the reasons behind the problem and the possible solutions to the problems.
It has also provided me with the awareness of problem solving skills and if I’m in the workplace I will be able to distinguish and solve problems efficiently.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please: