Royal Essays review
As carried out by a Chartered Legal Executive
Updated: 1st December 2014
The review below was prepared by a qualified legal executive and gives an impartial report on the offers and claims made by Royal Essays via their website at royalessays.co.uk. All details are correct at the time of publication.
Trust and transparency
- The company has been around for at least six years.
- There is no information available about the writers and their experience nor is there anything provided about the company’s management team.
- There is no physical office or headquarters listed nor do they state that they are UK-registered.
Originality and quality of work
- They claim they only use writers who have masters and PhD degrees and do not hire anyone with just an undergraduate degree, but there is no way to prove this claim.
- They use plagiarism software.
- There are online samples of the work that has been produced.
- The format had to be fixed and was not to the standard ordered.
- Numerous websites list complaints and issues with plagiarism.
- There were some references that came from Wikipedia, which are considered unacceptable to universities.
- They have 8 guarantees that they offer in case the order is not satisfactory.
- There is online support to get questions answered.
- There is a message board to communicate directly with the writer assigned to your essay.
- They are not responsive when there was a problem with the formatting, missing references, and grammar problems.
- The response time to questions is very slow. Although there is an online agent, no one appears available during weekends and after hours. The response time from the writer on the message board was also poor.
- There is no quality or plagiarism report provided with the essay when it is delivered.
Value for money
- The prices are competitive, however, the lower price reflects a lower quality and level of service.
- There are different price points, depending on the service you need and when you need the essay.
Speed of service
- They met the deadline and provided satisfactory work at the level ordered.
- Their ordering process and technology is not up-to-date. It did not always work when an order was placed, including not having my order go through. When I did not get a confirmation, I had to contact them and place the order again.
Although the first order met the standard I had ordered and I did receive good marks, the level of communication and response to my questions was still poor. While I thought the message board was good so I had a chance to speak to the writer assigned to my order, I never heard back from them. The ordering process took longer than expected due to some glitches in the system. Those did get eventually fixed, but it took me a few times to place my second and third orders. On the last order, I was nervous about what I had read online about some customers having work copied straight from Wikipedia. I used two of the available online plagiarism checks and found some places in my last essay that contained content lifted straight from the Internet. When I went to the company with my proof, they were unwilling to give me a refund. This was very disappointing. Although Royal Essays cost less than other companies, it could have cost me substantially more if I had not caught the plagiarism before I submitted the essay to my university.
Find out more about the UK Essays difference
If you are looking for a genuine, UK based essay writing company then take a look below.