History Essay Questions
We have prepared a list of example history essay questions below to give you ideas for your own essay question. If you are looking for an essay written on a specific question or want to look at example essays that have been written by other students then take a look at the options in the box below:
Need an essay writing to answer a specific question?
Our professional essay writers are here to help you with your essay question. You can find out more about our Essay Writing Service here:
Search for example essays matching your essay question
- How did the leaders of civil rights movement in America seek to win over public opinion?
- How did the Mughal and Ottoman military systems differ from one another- What was the policy behind each administrations choice of a military system?
- How did the reform period in the Ottoman Empire affect the relationship between Islam and the state?
- How important was the role of the CIA in Americas policy of containment.
- The primary instrument of the Sunni revival was the madrasa.
- Treaty of Versailles between victory and defeat. How was Germany affected by the Treaty of Versailles?
- What conflicts in French society are revealed by the purges?
- What is politics, tribal and monarchy
- Why was there such a rapid dismantling of British colonial rule in the three decades after 1945?
- About fire fighting and witnesses report for "Hindenburg Zeppelin Accident, 6th May 1937".
- Analyse and contextualise a primary source document.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the larger work from which the extract is taken and its broad context.
- Did Parnellism resolve the tensions within Irish nationalism?
- Dustrialisation and imperialism through the era of the First World War had a huge impact and influence on Western European Countries.
- Assess the progress and position of Great Britain during the 19th and early 20th centuries (up until the end of WWI).
- How far were the difficulties facing the early Stuart monarchy from 1603 to 1630 the result of limitations in the presentation of its image?
- How the position of women changed in Canadian society between 1900 and 1960.
- In what ways was the King James version of the Bible translation an improvement on previous English versions, and how have subsequent English versions improved on the King James Version?
- National Curriculum History- Could do better-. An evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of National Curriculum History including references to later study, 14-19 i.e progression between the stages...see below for further explanation of essay title.
- Outline the differences between passive and aggressive resistance from the Slaves towards the Europeans, discussing the merits and short falls of each.
- Profiling the heroic leader: Empirical lessons from combat-decorated.
- To what extent do you agree with Herstein's view that Nazi propaganda was so successful that it can be called the war that Hitler won?
- What role did charisma play in the establishment and consolidation of Mussolini and Hitler's respective regimes?
- What was early modern society's understanding of science and the natural world?
- Why did the UK lose its status as a world power after the Second World War?
- Why has the notion of the people's war' been called into question in recent years.
- Why, and with what degree of success, did Cromwell attempt to expand English interests in Ireland and the West Indies?
- Highlight and examine the various risks and difficulties that can arise within the residential development.
We have a range of History resources to help you with your studies: