Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Prototype Model Information Technology Essay
This is a better system for consumers, because consumers have a natural tendency to change their mind in determining the requirements and methods of systems development to support user preferences.
Because the methodology of the work system model is provided, consumers get a better understanding of the system being developed.
Offences can be detected early as well as system side mode.
ready to respond more quickly to the user a better solution.
The job even more quickly and efficiently if the expander will collaborate further on the status of specific functions and develop the necessary adjustments in time for integration
Prototype Model Disadvantages
Directing the implementation and how to build and improve systems.
In practice, this methodology can improve the complexity system as the system can be expanded beyond the scope of original articles.
The integration can be very difficult.
There are several steps in the Prototyping Model:
The new system requirements defined in sedentarily possible. This usually involves interviewing number of users representing all departments and aspects of the systems.
An original design made for the new system.
A first prototype of a new system built from the original design. This is usually a scale-down system, and an estimate of the final product characteristics.
The overall consumer evaluate the first prototype, registered the strengths and weaknesses, what to add, and what do you off. Expanders collect and analyze comments from users.
The first prototype was modified based on comments provided by the user, and the prototype of both the new system was built.
The second prototype is evaluated in the same way as the first prototype.
Previous steps of iteration are needed, until the user is satisfied that the prototype of the desired end product.
Final system is built based on the final prototype.
Final system is actually measured and tested. Conservation of the routine is done continuously to prevent large scale failures and to minimize downtime.
Prototyping consists of the following steps:
• Requirements Definition / Collection. Similar to the phase conceptualization Waterfall Model, but not exhaustive. The information collected is usually limited to a subset of the complete system requirements.
• Design. After the initial layer of requirements information is collected, or new information is collected, it quickly developed into a new or an existing design to be folded into a prototype.
• Prototype Manufacturing / Modify. Information from design to prototype quickly wound up. This may mean loss / alteration of information sheets, coding, or modification of any coding.
• Evaluation. The prototype presented to the customer for review. Comments and suggestions collected from customers.
• Refinement of prototype. The information collected from customers digested and refined prototype. The flourish of the revised prototype to make it more effective and efficient.
• Implementation of the System. In most cases, this system is rewritten once the need to understand.
Prototype Models Types
There are four types of Prototype Models based on their development planning:
the Patch-Up Prototype,
Selected Features Prototype.
Patch Up Prototype
Types of prototype models to encourage cooperation of different developers. Each expander will work on specific parts of the program. After everyone has done their part, the program will integrated each other until the new program. Patch Up The prototype is a model of rapid development. Type model of software development requires a strong project manager who can oversee the development of this program. Manager will control the beam of work and ensure that no crutch overlapping different functions of the developers.
Non-operational prototype model is used when only certain parts of the program should be update. Major software or prototypes are not affected at all as a dummy program implemented by the application. This prototype is usually performed when a particular problem in certain parts of the program will appear. Gradually became a smart way to make the software by introducing a small function software.
First of a Series Prototype
Known as a beta version, this prototype model can be very efficient if it is launched. This software is fully functional, but the purpose is the beta version is as for the bait back, suggestions, or even practices the firewall and security software. But if this program is carried out half a heart, only to additional concepts, Hacks will be exposed to different, and ultimately destroy the prototype.
Selected Features Prototype
only selected features or limited access to some important tools in this program was introduced. Selected features of Prototype are applied to software that is part of a larger network of programs. Produced is independent of the suite, but the full version should be integrated with other software. This is usually done to test the independent features of the device software.
A variation called the Rapid Application Development (RAD). RAD introduces strict time limits at each stage of development and is dependent on the device application development tools that allow for immediate
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please click on the link below to request removal:
More from UK Essays
- Free Essays Index - Return to the FREE Essays Index
- More Information Technology Essays - More Free Information Technology Essays (submitted by students)
- Information Technology Essay Writing Service -find out more about how we can help you
- Example Information Technology Essays - See examples of Information Technology Essays (written by our in-house experts)