Sourcing Funding For Your Masters Degree
Sourcing funding for postgraduate study has never been easy but it’s true to say that at present it has never been more difficult. That does not mean, however, that it is not available, it just means that you have to try that little bit harder to get it. In actual fact, once you begin to look more closely at what is available you will see that though sourcing funding is difficult to obtain, it is by no means impossible.
Here are a few hints to help get you started:
- A graduate loan is a possibility but make sure you’re getting a good deal – some banks offer special deals to graduates with low interest, worth a try!
- Have a look at the government website believe it or not some schemes are still in place to help graduates, particularly on vocational courses.
- Talk to your employer, even though times are hard it looks good for them to help employees increase their professional development so why not ask they can only say no
- Approach your academic institution, students are still considered for bursaries if they are particularly gifted and many universities want to encourage postgraduate study so give it a go!
- Have a look at whether there are any charitable trusts that are applicable to your circumstances, particularly if you have special needs for study. For example, if you have a disability, the Snowdon Award Scheme gives bursaries for costs associated with study (though not fees). There are thousands of pounds unclaimed just because people don’t know about them.
These ideas are just starting points, of course, but you have enough hints here to see that sourcing funding for your Masters Degree is not beyond hope. Certainly, if you have got to the stage of doing a Masters Degree you have demonstrated that you have tenacity and ability and therefore you definitely won’t be someone who gives up easily. No doubt you already work, part-time at least, and that’s hard while you’re studying.
Also, you might be unsure as to how to prepare a personal statement or write a good ‘begging letter’! It’s not easy to ask for help – especially financial help – if you want a positive result. If you need a little guidance on this why not consult our Masters team? We can appoint an expert to assist you in preparing a personal statement that will serve as a model for you and as our experts have ‘been there’ they will be able to help you to put forward a good case whatever you are studying.
What you must NOT do is to allow the problems you may have in sourcing funding for your Masters Degree to make you consider not going through with it because although it’s a cliché, in life, we regret what we don’t do: so go for it!
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please.