Galaxy is a chocolate milk brand. It was made by Mars Incorporated. He launched the brand in 1810. Galaxy Chocolate covered a large range of products including milk chocolate, fruits, and nuts with its varieties, ripple and others. From Mars’s Chocolate, Maltesers, M&M’s, Milky Way and Twix. Galaxy Company produces several types of chocolates; there is Galaxy smooth milk, Galaxy Minstrels, Galaxy Bubbles, Galaxy Ripple, Galaxy Counters, Galaxy orange and shortcake, Galaxy Hazelnuts, Galaxy Carmel, Galaxy cookie crumble and Galaxy Bites.
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional essay writing service is here to help!Essay Writing Service
Every market should have a process by which companies create customers value and build a strong relationships in order to capture value from customers in return. This Marketing Process passes through four concepts in order to reach the capture value of customers in return which called the Five Core Marketplace Concepts.
To understand the marketplace and customers’ needs by his needs and wants and the demand. The Human need is to ban the feeling of deprivation. It includes the physical needs like food, safety, clothes, shelter and social life. It also includes the individual need like knowledge. Wants is shaped by the culture and the personality. If he wants to have something sweet so he could eat Galaxy chocolate. While the demand, people want and need for a product which is most value and satisfaction them. Chocolate helps to low the stress and make the person feel happy and satisfied.
By the end of the understanding the customers, it is fulfilled through the market offering which include the product, services and experiences that offered to the market in order to satisfy a need or want.
It is consists of 4ps: Product, price, place, promotion. The products of galaxy that it produces a wide range of chocolate varieties like nuts, fruits, milk chocolate and others. The quality of the taste is perfect in addition of the chocolate bar design. The price is depending on the shape of the bar. It starts from 1L.E. also sometimes it makes discounts like buy two bars of chocolate and gets one free. The place where the customers could find it easily is in the supermarket, hypermarket, and the mall and at the kiosks. The promotion of Galaxy, People knew it from the TV or the internet. It usually shows a pretty girl dressed in brown dress eating the chocolate which will make her to fell in the sweetness of the taste.
Each market has its strategy. This process involves Market segmentation, Target marketing and Marketing Positioning.
Galaxy Divides its market into Geographic, Demographic, psychographic and behavioral. It targets a certain level of people and a certain age in order to achieve a certain level of satisfaction.
The Galaxy Company focus on one or several segments to target it, as it must be Comfortable for the customers, the taste is unforgettable and the design of the chocolate on its logo name and the shape of the bar.
Galaxy’s position among the competing companies is high in the market. It is one of the best companies that produce chocolates. It has many competitors like Cadbury chocolate, Kinder, Bounty and Kit Kat. They all have a low position.
There is more than one concept that Galaxy Company takes to be successful. The production concept is which has to be affordable and available for the customers. The product concept is which Galaxy should offer the most quality and features chocolates for the customers. The selling Product is which the customers will not buy Galaxy Chocolate unless there is a large scale selling in the market. The Marketing concept is which Galaxy Company achieves an organizational goal which depends on the needs and wants of targeting markets. Finally, The Societal Marketing Concept, which is some principle that enlightened Galaxy Company which makes good marketing decisions.
This portfolio explains the growth and downsizing the product in the market. According to Egypt, the product which has a high market growth and high market share is Galaxy and Maltesers and this is the stars. While the Question Marks are Jewelries chocolate since there is a Hugh product in markets with low demand from customers. The Cash Cows is like M&M’s that have high market share while the market growth is low. The Dogs is the Milky Way Chocolate as it has low market share and low market growth.
At the end, we could say that Galaxy Company had achieved its mission the market.
I made an interview with the manager of Galaxy Company Mr. Khaled Roushdy.
– The Galaxy Companies describes the best firm’s orientation is Production.
It follows the ways of marketing concept which is starts with constructing the products in the market
Their target is on customer’s wants and needs.
Finally the customers will be satisfied.
– Galaxy’s primary goal for business is to make a quality product that would beat other competitors with competing prices while maximizing the profit.
– Galaxy’s vision, At Galaxy chocolate company they want to give the customers the best of life’s Pleasures.
– While its mission is that the want the people to trust their favorite brand, to being a manufacturer of some of the world’s best loved chocolate, confectionery, chewing gum and food brands comes with a responsibility to market them in appropriate ways, especially to children and when using digital marketing channels.
– The Objectives of Galaxy Company marketing plan is:
To increase the lifetime value of the customers.
To increase the number of items purchased per sale.
To increase the rate of loyalty customer shops.
To increase the number of the customers and the new customers.
To increase the satisfaction of the customers.
To increase visibility and memorability of brand identity.
– Galaxy Company will hire a consultant for SWOT analysis.
(a diagram for the SWOT analysis)
– The key opportunities to success in Galaxy Company is
a) To have a vision. It is one of the most important things in running a business.
b) To develop a plan that related to the vision.
c) Knowing the market.
d) To get the team. It is difficult to achieve a certain goal with a team do not understand the Company’s vision. When Galaxy hires people, they have to make sure they understand their goals and vision.
– From the main Competitive Threats
a) To threat a new competitors entry.
b) To bargaining power of suppliers.
– The competitive advantages of Galaxy Company offer different type of Chocolates to defeat Galaxy like Bounty and Kinder.
– Galaxy Company do not face many ethical issues in our firm, but mainly what might happen would be having a down side on the marketing / advertising on taking too much expenses on some little work.
– For the Political Environment, It does not really affect our field of work. It is just a chocolate. While the Economic environment might affect our expenses so it will also affect our prices which might affect our customer satisfaction. In the Social environment is a double edged weapon as when people talk good about your product it will be a great advantage while on the other hand it would be a great loss if you don’t satisfy your customers and they start giving you bad reputation.
– The Technology affects all industrial aspects in many ways with emerging technologies making mass production less expensive which will definitely lead to making our products with fewer prices.
– The Environmental issues do not really affect our production as our factories are all sealed and air conditioned but they might affect our transportation when there are some bad weather times that will definitely have some bad effects.
– From the ways to improve the customer relationship management in Galaxy Company is to look for a quick win and minimize the risk of finance. Also training is the last thing of an implementation because it receives least results and funding. From the ways to improve the Customer relationship management is to choose a champion of change. From the important things too is to ask the expert when we face a problem.
– There is some ways that Galaxy Company takes it to beat its competition. First, it has to imagine and to innovate. Also, to dissect.
– Galaxy Company Offers strength by the good taste of the chocolate. Also the Brand Name plays an important role in attracting the customers. The long History of the brand allows having an enough experience for what the customer need from this product.
– There are some laws regulating to Galaxy Company. The Ministry of Health asked them not to put some certain ingredients in the chocolate in order to avoid the diseases.
– The size of Galaxy Company in the market is mostly 70 percent. While the Growth Rate of Galaxy Company is mostly 80 percent in the market.
– There are some segments where Galaxy Company is growing fast. In Nasr City, The demand on Galaxy chocolate is high because there is a high rate of people. In Luxor, The rate of the demand on Galaxy is low since there are a few people there.
– Galaxy Company always has a high growth product and it is rarely when it downsizing because people like to eat something sweet and sugary, so they always target to the chocolate especially Galaxy’s Product for its amazing taste which satisfy them enough.
– There are some other companies which work on Galaxy Company which means work on the same market to improve itself. Cadbury Company does this, it Produce smooth chocolates and work on the same laws and steps in order to achieve its goal and defeat Galaxy Company.
– Finally, Galaxy Company could leverages to beat its competition. Galaxy Company studies its competitors well and understands their weakness and strength in order to beat them and try by marketing plan to overcome the competitors.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: