Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UK Essays.
– Fuji Xerox wants to become a company with a good balance of all three attributes: + A “strong” company can offer great products and services to satisfy customers and can also reward their shareholders on an ongoing basis.
+ A “type” company that contribute to the local community and global environmental protection, ethics and corporate citizenship.
+ A “interesting” company, where people find their life and work interesting
– Help customers build an environment for creative use and effectiveness of knowledge expresses the its domain business:
+ Office products: Fuji Xerox develops the digital color / monochrome multi-function devices for offices. It also offers other types of software support multi-function devices to help handle document easily on PC. In such a way, it offers a range of solutions and services for document management systems as well as mission critical systems.
+ Office printing systems: In 2007, Fuji Xerox consolidated its Printing Systems Co., Ltd to promote integrated production systems and improve the competitiveness of the business office printing systems on a global scale. Based on Xerography technology, Fuji Xerox is developing its color / monochrome laser printer business. Predominant color laser printer combines a compact, high performance and high image quality.
+ Production services: Fuji Xerox is developing production services globally, focusing on on-demand printing systems and support services the market of digital printing, as well as official continuous-feed and cut-sheet printers to output data from the mission – critical system.
+ Global service: Fuji Xerox provides comprehensive services in document management activities, beginning with consultation, thus ensuring customers always receive genuine benefits including reduced operating costs and higher productivity
2. Business strategy
To succeed, a company need to adopt the business strategy to protect itself in against the competitive forces, including the bargaining power of supply, the potential threat of new entrants, the threat of substitute products, bargaining power of buyers and industry competitors.
Fuji Xerox has focused on the most important markets, such as China, Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. The company invested heavily in research and development / manufacture, the sales and services systems to achieve either a cost advantage or differentiation to suit each market segment.
2.1. Research and development / manufacture
Currently, the Fuji Xerox has 6 research and development centers / companies in Japan, and 2 research and development companies in US, each department has separate functions to ensure the highly specialized:
+ Shortening product development lead time, streamline costs, timely products to the market needs swiftly.
+ Strengthening relationships with customers and services with higher added value.
+ Editing products for specific customers and markets, manual creating and product testing / evaluation.
+ Developing image material and equipment functions are used of devices in photocopiers, multifunction devices, printers, etc.
+ Software development support of Fuji Xerox service documents relating to customer’s business.
+ Technology manufacturing center of copiers, multifunctional devices and other related products.
Äš Fuji Xerox has 5 procurement and manufacturing companies in Japan, with separate functions:
+ Production of finished products: office products, office printing systems, related products and consumer goods.
+ Production ink, supplying ingredients to support an important image quality and reliability of Fuji Xerox products.
+ Production of major components for copiers and multifunction devices, including electronic components and optical.
+ Recycling productive resources.
– Fuji Xerox established branch companies in Shanghai, Shenzhen in China to develop and produce mid to low copiers / multifunction devices, laser printers, ink and consumables. These companies support the Fuji Xerox’s business by providing high quality products, low production costs, not only in China to meet the needs of a global supply chain.
– In addition, Fuji Xerox also placed integrated recycling sites in Suzhou, China and Thailand. Where used products such as copiers, multifunction devices and printers as well as cartridges from China, 9 Asian-Pacific countries and regions were collected, separated, sorted and re- processing.
2.2. System sales and service
– Fuji Xerox has 34 companies which are sales agent in Japan, 33 of these companies were received ISO 14001 certification, in 2002. It also has 3 business affiliates in Japan, they advise on human resource development, provide educational assistance, and conduct workshops, make wholesale of office laser printers, office machines room, office furniture, stationeryâ€¦, commitment and service document management on the basis of outsourcing.
– Fuji Xerox has 14 sales companies in 14 locations in 12 Pacific – Asian countries and regions, all of them also received ISO 14001 certification in 2003.
– In addition, Fuji Xerox has three companies in America, we provide OEM (provision through original equipment manufacturing) sales and support of laser printers and consumables, participation in supply chain management of Fuji Xerox products in Europe and North America.
2.3. Strength is created
â€¢ The internal strength to be able to reduce costs:
– Access to capital, raw materials and labor costs necessary to make a significant investment in productive assets.
– Ability to design products for efficient production.
– The level of expertise in the technical process of production.
– Effective distribution channels.
â€¢ The strength to make a differentation:
– Access the world’s leading scientific research.
– Skilled and creative team of product development.
– Having a sales force with the ability to communicate successfully realize the strength of the product.
– The company’s reputation for quality and innovation
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional essay writing service is here to help!Find out more
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please: