There are heap of threat in the networking or which can be the internal and external. Here I will explain both these threats below; –
USB devices: The biggest reason of internal threat is USB devices; according to one of the survey over 35% organizations believe that these devices were actually used for stealing or compromising the important information.
Missing of security agent: Each organization has to install some agents on their endpoints. The work of these agents is to monitor the network traffic and various other things. If these agents are out of date then our data is not secure. (cook, 2007)
Peer to peer sharing: These programs are also responsible for stealing the data to the network. Similarly with the peer to peer program, we can connect one device to another device and can check whole the data of another computer
Device on the loose: One of the other reasons might be the when we lose our thing. If all the information is in that device so anybody who found the device can stole the data easily.
Malware: This may also be the reason of external threat. As we probably know that malware comes from internet from some bad sites, therefore if malware enter in our device, then in some way they access or device.
Network security attack: These are few codes that can damage our codes as well steal the data as well. Some of the network threat is characterized below:-
- DoS: It’s also known as denial of service assault. Basically form the name it is clear that it assault our system. Teardrop attack, Exploit limitations in the TCP/IP protocols are few of the DoS attacks. We can utilize programming to dispose of these DoS.
- DDos: Distributed Denial of Service attack is an attempt to make the service unavailable by huge with traffic. It overwhelming it from so many sources. It always targets the essential resources from various important sites.
- Unauthorized access: Unauthorized access means it access the network or without any permission. That unauthorized person can steal or delete the data. In addition to that he can also misuse the information. That’s why we have to increase the security.
- Data theft and loss: Data theft is basic process of stealing the data. The stealing can be from the system or from the server where it is stored. To happening this we have to increase the security.
- Physical attack: Physical attack is in any physical form where the information can be damage. For instance, any natural climates such as earthquake, flood or anything else. In addition to this it also cover any physical harm cause by the mankind like whether the server is destroyed or something else.
- Firewall: Firewall is a network security system. It acts as a barrier between networks. It stops the virus to enter in our device. So we can say that it’s a better way to secure our data. It only gives access to authorized sites.
The standard specification of a firewall is listed below:-
- Denial of service protection
The other categories is end user control feature
- User based filtering
- Individual spam scoring
- Personal allow and block list
Simplified and centralized administration
- Multilingual user interface
- Barracuda energizes update
- Logs and graphic report
- No per user charges
- Multiple domain
(Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall)
- IDPS (Intrusion detection and prevention): It main work is to analyze the traffic for suspicious type of activities. Whenever there is something unexpected it gives sign to the network administrator which can move to end
The standard specification of IDP is listed below:-
- Frequency Required
- Connector Type
Diff Server support, DoS attack prevention, High Availability, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Quality of Service (QoS), built-in hardware bypass
- Data Link Protocol
Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Throughput: 300 Mbps
- Installed Size
(Juniper Networks IDP 250 – security appliance)
- Anti-virus: Anti-virus is the program which detect the virus and delete it. We can remove malware, including worms, spyware and adware with the help of anti-virus.
The standard specification of Anti-virus is listed below:-
- Stop unknown threats with artificial intelligence
- Layered protection with next generation technologies
- Symantec’s global intelligence
- Reduce bandwidth usage
- Patented real time cloud
- Access control: This is the method which we utilize to manage the access of the user. Due to this we can create limit for the user, which is very helpful for the networking. There are two types of access control physical and logical.
- The standard access controls the physical and the logical security as well.
- Simple to manage.
- Provide the best security.
- Physical security: – Physical security is the outside security which may help to keep the networking from the outside resources. It covers some of area, and very useful.
- Strong walls
- Strong locks
- Security guard
- Strong password: Strong password protects our information from stealing. It can also protect our data from the hackers. A strong password contain varieties of thing like pattern, retina scan many of the things.
- Pattern lock
- Retina scan
- Voice scanner
- Finger scanner
In the above scenario there is discussion about the principle of information security between two companies AA and YY who are partner in the nuclear project. Before claiming anything fist we have to study the basic principle of the information.
- Confidentially: It basically refers to the privacy. It is design to check or save the essential data from some of the participant and other persons. Sometime in the big organizations if the data is very essential, then they provide the training to the person to make the information of confidentially stronger. More things which they add to make it more safe is to set the password. Because it will give the better security to the information.
So basically if two or more organizations are working on the same project, then a one company cannot indicates the information without the agreement of the other companies.
- Availability: Availability is called to give every significant thing which is needed for the project. For instance, if they need any other help then its duty to provide them these help. Like if two organizations are working on the similar project and one of the companies has availability of data which second company needed then it is responsible of the company to give that data to his partner, so they can complete their task easily.
- Integrity: Integrity is known as to provide the correct data, if it is coming from one person to another. To make it better we can use the encryption so data may not be lost
Cryptography is the term which we use to secure the data. It changes the message into an unreadable format and this message called the cipher text. Just the person who has the access to decrypt that message will able to read and understand the message. Sometime code breaking should be possible by some of the peoples.
Nowadays, as all the major discussion occurs on the internet so the security of the internet communication is very important. For this reason the cryptography is used. It protects few things like credit card details and e-mails. It gives end to end encryption so if we are sending message over the internet to some person we can send it safely.
There are three major cryptography schemes which are explained below:-
- Symmetric cryptography: A symmetric cryptography is that where both sender and user utilize the similar key for the encrypting and decrypting the message. It is the quicker cryptography as compare to another one, but each party have to swap the keys for decoding the message.
- Asymmetric cryptography: It’s called the public key cryptography. It utilizes two different keys to encrypt and decrypt the message which is known as public and private keys.
- Hash function: It takes the set of the keys and maps to the value of certain length. It shows the original sequence of the character, while if it is smaller than the original.
Whereas, we can say that it take message as the input and provide a fix size string in the return. This string also called ‘hash value’, ‘message digest’, ‘digital fingerprint.’
Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall. (n.d.). Retrieved from firewallshop.com: http://www.firewallshop.com/barracuda/spam-firewall.aspx
Cook, R. (2007, june 19). Securing the Endpoints: The 10 Most Common Internal Security Threats. Retrieved from CIO: http://www.cio.com/article/2438695/infrastructure/securing-the-endpoints–the-10-most-common-internal-security-threats.html
gameboyrom. (2007, july 24). What is a LAN modem? Retrieved from DSL reports: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1669
How to connect the word. (n.d.). Retrieved from whatlsmyIPaddress.com: http://whatismyipaddress.com/nat
Juniper Networks IDP 250 – security appliance. (n.d.). Retrieved from C|NET: https://www.cnet.com/products/juniper-networks-idp-250-security-appliance/specs/
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: