Nutrition and health are closely intertwined. Children’s growth as well as the adults as it is being said what you it is what you become and what you will be, you will be the product of what you are eating, as we all know composition of healthy body means strong physique, mentally, emotionally, as well as spiritually healthy. A good nutrition is the most basis of good health, eating the right amount of nutritious food helps our body to be healthier,
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional essay writing service is here to help!Find out more
There are some factors that could lead to obesity, The lack of practice sport regularly for children and their tendency to sit either because of laziness or a lack of encouragement and guidance by their parents to practice physical activities may result in healthy children is suffering from obesity and excessive. Eating habits of the child as well as the quality of the food covered by a role in the occurrence of obesity. For example the child to eat more than necessary amounts of foods with high calories instead of eating healthy foods, or eat without the child to starve or eat while watching TV or homework, all this leads to obesity. The final outcome of eating unhealthy foods at the same time the child’s life style characterized by laziness is to increase the caloric intake of the child and the lack of proportion burned.
What is Obesity?
Obesity is a kind of disease that also can be called malnutrition it is a pathological phenomenon in a developing countries, where we can consider that any change in quantity and quality of meal can be one factor of obesity, such as fatty foods. Obesity is to increase the percentage of fat more than 30% of total body weight as a result of the accumulation of fat in it, and this accumulation results from an imbalance between energy intake from food and energy consumed in the body. Considers obesity a chronic disease and complex, such as: diabetes and high blood pressure and obesity in every sense of the worries and troubles of the victims from social problems, psychological, and the end of the Series, diseases that do not cut off such as heart disease and arthritis and varicose veins and sugar and there is a misunderstanding of the causes of the disease
What are the causes?
1 – Feeding style
Where it is certain to devour the food high thermal exchange with non- caloric, this leads to the accumulation of fat in the human body knowing that fat has a higher efficiency of carbohydrates and proteins in the bloc in the fatty tissues of the body . The best example of this that the spread of so-called junk food rich in calories in Western countries and other countries led to the prevalence of obesity and associated diseases in many parts of the world were not appear before. If we are to be honest with ourselves, it’s why the first and most importantly, the only cause in 90 % of cases of obesity.
2 – Lack of activity and movement
It is well known that obesity is rare in people movement or who require their constant activity, but you must also know that the lack of volume of activity alone is not sufficient reason for the occurrence of obesity. There is no doubt that the activity and movement of great benefit in improving human health in general can be summarized activity and movement in one word, is a sport.
3 – Psychological factors
This situation prevalent in women than in men, when subjected to severe psychological problems is reflected in the image of gorging on too much food.
4 – The genetic causes
Research confirms that modern genetics occupies 60-80 % of the causes of disease and obesity asked about the genes in the body and has been the discovery of more than 200 genes responsible for obesity in laboratory animals, but most are still under research for humans. And genetic causes include: the way the distribution of body fat burning rate of the body and how to convert fat into energy and the activity of certain enzymes depends on some genes.
5 – Gender
There are some races are more likely to be obese than the Mediterranean region and the Americans of Mexican descent and Black American, While less between races such as the Far East, “Japan and China,” and white races in Europe and America.
6 – Age
And obesity rates increase with age and the more advanced age and increased weight is acceptable to increase the rate of weight (2-4 kg) every 10 years.
For example: a woman in her twenties, weighing 60 kg is acceptable to be:
- 62 – 64 kg at the age of thirties
- 66 – 68 kg in the forties
- 68 – 72 kg in the fifties
- 72 – 75 kg in the sixties
These natural increase with advancing age have benefits, especially among females they protect against osteoporosis where the nor epinephrine hormone estrogen fat as it reduces the appearance of wrinkles in the face and neck and hands. It is known that children with obesity are at risk of becoming obese for life.
7 – Hormones and glands
There are critical periods for the disease, obesity and the most important period of puberty, pregnancy, lactation and menopause. It is known that periods accompanied by disturbances in the body’s hormones and hormones, especially femininity and therefore Infection with obesity for females weak men.
What is the diagnosis?
How to estimate the degree of obesity:
Regularly can make some simple methods to estimate the degree of obesity has, among these methods are as follows:
(1) Belt test : This test for men, which uses a belt around the normal waist circumference and chest circumference , if the length of the longest waist circumference of chest circumference is evidence possible to increase the fatty tissue and there is a saying the longer the belt Palace age.
(2) Mirror test: can an individual to see for himself the true picture of his body in the mirror without courtesy there is nothing wrong and is the best way to show status and body weight.
(3) Test Procedure: This is done by lying on the back and put a ruler over the area of â€‹â€‹the abdomen towards the head and feet, if not touching the sides of the ruler body is evidence of increased adipose tissue.
(4) Test the grip of the skin: and this is in the region of the upper arm ( ulna ) from the side or rear area above the waist and using the thumb and forefinger If the distance is more than one inch is possible to increase the guide adipose tissue .
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.View our services
(5) Balance: This method is always used by the balance of the ordinary and it must be a week, and at the same time with the clothes and make sure of the safety of balance and position just above the ground and not over the carpet.
There are also various scientific methods to estimate the degree of increase in body weight due to the accumulation of fat and adipose tissue are the most important methods used in scientific studies accurate method of measuring the thickness of the fat layer by layer by fatty holder and a special method of measuring the density of the body and the weight of the individual under the water.
The account that is strictly for the purpose of differentiating between whether an individual or obese, an increase in muscle mass in the body,
What are the symptoms?
it takes into account age as well as weight and height, defines a way the average body weight (ABW) if the weight of women at least 75 % of the (ABW) has not animate nervous loss of appetite.
Health problems caused by obesity
Whether obesity occurred as a result of a medical reason or because of the lifestyle, the obesity in children is not something which should be taken lightly. “The child, who suffered from obesity excessive, is more susceptible to certain health problems such as asthma, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
A psychological pressure faced by the child, who is suffering from obesity is also a problem, which often includes ridicule from his colleagues. Well there are many other situations that exposed these children and make them feel that their mistake, for example, when go out to buy clothes and have no size for them, etc. . Mothers and fathers should use moral support of your children at the same time encourage them to be healthier.
What are the treatments?
To reduce the fat in food can cook meat or roasted instead of fried in fat , as you must remove the chicken skin to have a high percentage of fat and cholesterol , and when you prepare the meat must remove all visible grease .
- Drinks such as coffee, tea and other sugar-free or with a small amount of sugar.
- Remember that nuts and seeds are rich in fat do not overfed addressed.
- Stay away from fads and beliefs wrong food -related obesity.
- Not to resort to surgical procedures to eradicate fat from the body, because there are many health complications may occur as a result of these operations.
- Do not use drugs mitigating appetite this may have undesirable health complications.
Must abstain or minimize as much as possible about eating:
- Butter, cream, whole milk and low-fat products sufficiency and also to avoid ice cream, pastries and pies.
- Jam, honey, black and white.
- Dried fruit.
- Nuts and peanuts.
- Sugary soft drinks.
Behavioral change in our habits of eating:
The behavioral change not only helps in weight loss but also helps in maintaining the continuity of the lost weight, and the most important tips for behavioral change in dietary habits, which have proved successful in weight reduction programs, are as follows:
- Drink a glass of water or eat salad before eating.
- At the time of eating food should be placed in small dishes, and the food is placed in those dishes in the kitchen and not to bring food in large containers or large dishes on the dining table.
- Eat slowly and chew well, and the development of eating utensils (fork and spoon and knife) on the table between the quid and the other so do not forget to address the food quickly.
- Eat in one room and not busy with any other work such as reading or eating while watching TV.
- Once you leave the table quickly finished eating.
- Do not go shopping and buy food in the case of hunger, and not to buy foods so as not to be blocked off for the difficulty to resist.
- Store food away from the vision.
Practicing and exercises:
Must practice any sport light on a regular basis as it helps to burn fat , and the most suitable sport is walking , and I’ve found that walking for an hour a day at a rate of 4 kilometers at a rapid pace resulting in the loss of 300 kcal .
Sports and beside it consumes energy, they lead to a reduction of tension and boredom associated with the system when you do lose weight and to get out of the individual’s home away from eating as well as improve the efficiency of the blood.
How can it be prevented? – are there any changes in lifestyle or eating habits that are needed? List nutrients that may help to prevent this disease and their effect (function)
Have your priorities your system balanced food.
- Ways to avoid getting obese and maintain proper nutrition:
- Encouraged your child to exercise regularly.
- Take to your child regularly to the Club or to any public park where can play and running freely with the rest of the children.
- Limits critical situation for the time spent in front of your child’s daily TV or the computer or play video games on.
- share your children in planning for meals and in shopping when buying groceries.
- Eat together at the dining table as much as possible.
- Avoid eating in front of the TV.
- Ate healthy snacks such as fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh juices, Yogurt, low-fat cheese, eating these foods is better than eating “candies” and chocolate.
- Do not use food as a reward or punishment. Mothers sometimes used “candies” as a way to reward children and this makes children more loving it.
The causes of obesity, a suffering of women who look in the mirror when they feel their weight getting heavier to a great extent , in fact, more than 55 % of women exceed their weight ideal weight by more than 20 % .
UAE statistics- what % of people are obese, any other data, tables, graphs, etc.
Write a concluding paragraph including how we can solve the problem of obesity in UAE
I concluded that avoiding the use of diets or lists of diets in books and trade magazines to lose weight, you should take the food program of specialized sources ( a dietitian or a doctor who specializes in nutrition ) and the Centers Fitness in many Arab countries do not provide lists of healthy diet , and there is no by specialists in nutrition , it’s best not to rely on these centers in nutrition.
- After consulting a doctor and taking the required laboratory tests must engage in aerobic exercise, such as aerobic exercises, walking, swimming, preferably after exercise at least two hours of eating the main meal.
- Eating foods rich in dietary, fruits and wheat bran, whole grains, these foods as well as a few calorimetric need longer to digest and give a sense of satiety.
- The reduction of fatty food and the use of different kinds of fat in the kitchen.
- Limit the intake of foods that contain sugars and processed sweets chocolate, canned fruits, jams, soft drinks and others.
- WHO 2000
- Haslam DW, James WP (2005). “Obesity”.Lancet366(9492): 1197–209.
- Kushner, Robert (2007).Treatment of the Obese Patient (Contemporary Endocrinology). Totowa, NJ: Humana Press. p.158. Retrieved 2013.
- Adams JP, Murphy PG (July 2000).“Obesity in anaesthesia and intensive care”.Br J Anaesth85(1): 91–108.
- Imaz I, Martínez-Cervell C, García-Alvarez EE, Sendra-Gutiérrez JM, González-Enríquez J (July 2008). “Safety and effectiveness of the intragastric balloon for obesity. A meta-analysis”.ObesSurg18(7): 841–6.
- Barness LA, Opitz JM, Gilbert-Barness E (December 2007). “Obesity: genetic, molecular, and environmental aspects”.American Journal of Medical Genetics143A(24): 3016–34.
- Woodhouse R (2008).“Obesity in art: A brief overview”.Front Horm Res. Frontiers of Hormone Research36: 271–86.
- Pollack, Andrew (June 18, 2013).“A.M.A. Recognizes Obesity as a Disease”.The New York Times. Archived fromthe originalon June 18, 2013.
- Weinstock, Matthew (June 21, 2013).“The Facts About Obesity”.H&HN.American Hospital Association. Retrieved 2013.
- Sweeting HN (2007).“Measurement and Definitions of Obesity In Childhood and Adolescence: A field guide for the uninitiated”
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: