Suhagra 25 mg, is a recognised drug that is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. The erectile dysfunction, also known as impotence, is a condition where men have an inability to sustain an erection enough for the physical intercourse. The erectile dysfunction is not an uncommon problem, but repeated occurrence of this problem may lead to serious medical complication. Suhagra 25 mg does not cure the erectile dysfunction, but it helps keep maintain the erection enough by increasing the blow to the penis. The prime component of suhagra 25 mg is sildenafil citrate, which is very beneficial not only for the treatment of male sexual disability like impotence, lack of libido, premature ejeculation; but also for the treatment of heart disease like pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
General information of Suhagra 25 mg
Trade name: Suhagra 25 mg
Generic name: Sildenafil citrate.
Chemical formula: C22H30N6O4S.
How supplied: Tablet.
How does suhagra 25 mg work?
Suhagra 25 mg is a very safe and effective drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. Suhagra 25 mg is a generic medicine and main component of suhagra 25 mg is sildenafil citrate.The brand name of sildenafil citrate is viagra, which is a world class compound for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. This drug is also very effective for the person who is suffering from pulmonary arterial hypertension. Viagra is a drug which comes under the class of PDE5 inhibitors, which is responsible for the breakdown of the cyclic genial monophosphate. The cyclic genial monophosphate is a vasodilator that is very important for the loosening of the arterial walls of the penis and it is formed due to the release of nitric oxide. This nitric oxide is released during sexual stimulation in the corpus covernosum, a type of spongy tissue in men’s penis, which intern, cause the erection by increasing the blood flow into the penis. When patient consumes suhagra 25 mg, it slows down the capacity of enzyme cyclic geniall monophasphate, and causes degradation of nitric oxide which is responsible for the erection process. One should always remember that generic suhagra do not reduce the risk of sexually transmitted diseases or HIV.
Indications of suhagra 25 mg
- Suhagra 25 mg is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men.
- Suhagra (sildenafil) can be used for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Method and doses of suhagra 25 mg
Suhagra 25 mg should be consumed orally, once in a day. You should always consult with your physician before consuming the drug. It is always suggested that suhagra 25 mg or any other erectile dysfunction drug should be taken at least 30 minutes before the physical intercourse. Suhagra 25 mg gives a very good result if it is consumed mixing with water. It can also be used in the doses of 50mg and 100mg depending on the effectiveness and tolerance capacity.
Side effects of suhagra 25 mg:
Unlike other medications, suhagra 25 mg has very minor side effects, such as:
- Nasal blockage
- Vision Problem
- Bleeding from the nose
- Muscle pain
- Color blindness
- Acidity or heart burn
Some of the serious side effects are:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Blurred vision
- Hearing problem
- Ringing sound in the the ear
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Painful or prolonged erection
- Itching or burning sensation during urination
- Skin rashes
The side effects of suhagra are temporary and goes off when your body is adjusted with the dose. But in case, if you catch any other problems like difficulty in breathing, increased heart rate or skin rashes, swelling in the face that exists for more than 2 days, you should immediately consult with your doctor to avoid any complication.
You should not use suhagra 25 mg without taking the opinion from your physician if you have the following problems:
- If you are allergic to any medicine or food
- If you are taking any type of nitrates like iso-sobide, nitroglycine
- If you are taking another drug which contains sildenafil
- If you are suffering from any cardiac disease like angina, heart attack, aortic stenosis, cardiac failure
- If you are experiencing any respiratory disorder
- If you have any eye problem
- If you have a history of kidney problem or experiencing any of that
- If you have any blood related problem like anaemia, polycythemia, sickle cell anaemia.
If you are taking any other medicines, it must talk to your healthcare provider before starting the dose of generic suhagra because some drugs can decrease its effectiveness. Some of the drugs are mentioned below which can interact with generic suhagra:
- Drugs used for high blood pressure such as alpha-blockers like doxazocin, prazocin; nitrates like isosobid dinitrate, nitroglycerin.
- Antifungal drugs like, ketokonazole, itrakonazole.
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, telitromycibn.
- Antituberculosis drug like rifampicin.
- Barbiturates like phenobarbiturate.
- Anti-epilectics like phenytoin, carbamazepine.
- Bosantan, nevirapin.
- Cimetidin, used in gastroesophageal infection.
Precaution for using generic suhagra:
- Generic suhagra may cause dizziness, drowsiness, nausea or vision problem. Hence, you should not go for driving after consuming generic suhagra.
- Always pause the dose of generic suhagra if you have a fever or any health issue.
- Always use generic suhagra after consulting with your doctor, if you have any heart problem.
- Before starting any treatment, always remind your doctor that you are taking generic suhagra.
- If you are taking any medicine for the treatment of eye or ear, inform your doctor about it.
- Always take advice from your physician before consuming suhagra 25 mg, if you are allergic to any medicine.
- Always avoid taking generic suhagra 25 mg after drinking alcohol because alcohol may increase the side effects.
- Taking suhagra along with grape juice or any other alcoholic beverages can reduce its effectiveness.
How should you store suhagra 25 mg
Always keep the tablets of suhagra 25 mg in a closed container and store it in the room temperature or in the refrigerator. Never freeze it. Always dispose the unused tablets after 30 days..Always throw away the outdated medication. You should not keep the medication in the excess heat or moistened place and store it out of children’s reach.
What should you do if you miss a dose?
If you are taking generic suhagra for the purpose of erectile dysfunction, it will not cause any issue, because you take the drug according to your need. But if you are taking the medicine for the treatment of pulmonary artery heart disease, you should not skip a dose. Even if you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as you remember it and should continue according to the schedule.
Warning signs of suhagra 25 mg:
- Patient with heart problems who consume generic suhagra, may be at the high risk of heart attack. So you should be very careful and consult with your doctor if you develop any symptoms like pain in the chest, neck or left side of your shoulder, nausea, dizziness, vomiting or numbness in your legs.
- The patient may have blurred vision or dizziness after taking suhagra 25 mg. So avoid driving any vehicle after consuming this drug. You should consult with your doctor if you have eyesight problem during the use of generic suhagra.
- Should always take your doctor’s suggestion before using suhagra 25 mg if your age is above 65 yrs.
- Always inform your doctor if you experience hearing problem when you use generic suhagra. Sometime you may develop a continuous ringing sound in your ear, it is called tinnitus.
- Always consult with your doctor immediately, if you have a painful or prolonged erection, more than 4 hours.
- You should always remember to avoid taking suhagra when you are using a nitrate containing drugs, because it may cause serious health complication.
- Always avoid to use suhagra if you are under the age of 18 years.
- You should avoid using suhagra repeatedly, because it may lead you to become addicted to the drug.
Suhagra 25 mg or generic suhagra is a popular drug which is very effective and safe for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men if it is used according to the doctor’s instruction.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: