1) To summarize my first news article, “Amber Alert for 5 children from Niagara Region expires”, this article talks about how the Niagara Regional Police investigated to find the children with the amber alert notifying everyone on their phones that the five children has been abducted by their own father. The police had to investigate what was happening with the five children being taken away from their own father. The Amber Alert that the Ontario Regional Police sent was in the evening time around 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional essay writing service is here to help!Find out more
The police noticed that the children were ages 5-14 years old that was in the Jordan area near St. Catharines. The children were not seen inside the vehicles as it was observed by the Niagara Regional Police. The children seemed to be abducted by their father for 6 days. After the issue occurred, a person went to report from the Family and Children’s Services Niagara. Then the next day, on Wednesday at night at 10:10 p.m. the children have been located and the Amber Alert was cancelled for everyone.
To summarize my second news article, “Addressing the monster known as bully”, this article talks about how when it is back to school cyberbullying occurs with the children and it makes parents worried about their children getting bullied at school. Bullying plays a big role in a children’s world because it can affect them physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. It also makes a huge impact on the parents of how they role model for their children in teaching them what is good and helping them understand that being a bully is hurtful to another child.
To prevent any bullying to happen there are many factors that can be involved with the children, parents, families, educators, schools, etc. All of these factors can allow children to feel included and a sense of belonging with one another. Bullying is a behaviour that should be dealt with right away if a child feels unsafe in an environment. Most of the times children bully one another because they are lacking social skills in interacting with each other.
2) The reporter that intends to be the audience for, “Amber Alert for 5 children from Niagara Region expires” article would be parents, families, public, children and adults because the article relates to how the five children were abducted by their own father and how the police got involved and investigated the issue to solve the problem.
The reporter that intends to be the audience for, “Addressing the monster known as bully” article would be children, parents, families, public, and schools because the article relates to how the children can be bullies to each other and it may affect their well-being like physically, emotionally, socially and mentally which may cause the children to have lower grades in school.
3) The reporter’s main purpose of writing, “Amber Alert for 5 children from Niagara Region expires” article is to let the public know that it is important that the families and parents of the children keep them safe but sometimes there are family problems or children goes missing for a reason which is why the Ontario Regional Police issued an Amber Alert as an Emergency for these five children that got abducted by their own father. I think that it is important that families and the public know that there are consequences for your actions in what you do where you can get charged for abducting your own children and that sometimes communication is key which can lead to many factors that the father might have faced during the situation at the time.
The reporter’s main purpose of writing, “Addressing the monster known as bully” article is to remind parents and families that every child should be healthy in their well-being whether it is physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. I think that it is important as a parent to support their child’s learning in the schools that they put their child in to get educated and to learn that standing up for yourself is important instead of being a bully to others which may hurt them.
4) My thoughts of what the reporter is saying in “Amber Alert for 5 children from Niagara Region expires” article is that keeping your children safe is important and being aware of their surroundings when they are outside or inside the house. This article relates to my development as an Early Childhood Educator because in the profession as an RECE especially when you take the children outside in the playground, the RECE is responsible to do head counts of the children before they go out and after when they are coming back inside the classroom. It is important to not leave any children unattended at all times in the playground or anywhere in the daycare or school setting. It made me think that the Amber Alert was important and no complaints should be reported to the police station for waking up anyone in the middle of the night. In my opinion, I always think that children’s safety is essential for their growth at such a young age and maintaining a positive environment for them can help them in the future as they grow older.
My thoughts of what the reporter is saying in, “Addressing the monster known as bully” article is that many children get cyberbullied these days in schools because technology is advancing and parents are giving their children technology at such a young age where they can search and learn anything from a search engine. This article relates to my development as an Early Childhood Educator because in the profession as an RECE, it is our duty to support the holistic development of all children and create a rich symbolic environment for the children where they can feel a sense of belonging, inclusion and engagement. The children’s well-being is very important because parents and families build trust with the RECEs and form collaborative relationships with them when they feel that their child is learning something new and getting better each day at the daycares and schools.
A legislation that relates to, “Amber Alert for 5 children from Niagara Region expires” article is, “Criteria for issuing an Amber Alert may vary from province to province, but basic requirements includes the child is under the age of 18, a belief that the child has been abducted, a belief that the child is in grave danger, information is available that may help locate the child and/or the abductor (e.g., description of the child, the suspect, or the vehicle driven by the abductor) and that the alert be issued within a reasonable amount of time from the moment of the abduction.” (Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc, 2019) I think this relates to my first article I have chosen because in the article it is stated that the children that were abducted were five to fourteen years old which is under the age of eighteen and the five children were abducted by their own father. In the article it stated that, “The children are subject to a temporary custody order and their father is currently in contravention of the order by failing to return them. Detectives are concerned for the welfare and safety of the children,” Const. Phil Gavin told reporters Tuesday evening.” I agree with this statement where the Const. Phil Gavin told the reporters that the safety of the children was a concern because the children are special to their family.
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.View our services
A legislation that relates to, “Addressing the monster known as bully” article is, “According to Ontario’s legislation, cyber-bullying occurs when a student engages in bullying behaviour electronically, and includes activities such as: creating a web page or a blog while pretending to be someone else; impersonating another person as the author of posted content or messages; or communicating material or messages to more than one person or posting on an electronic platform that can be accessed by one or more persons.” (PREVNet, 2019) I think this relates to my second article I have chosen because in the article it states that a child was being getting cyberbullied in school and the mother said, “My daughter didn’t want to go back and I was afraid to send her back so we’ve switched schools for Grade 7 and are hoping for a better year,” says GTA mom of two Melissa G. After reading this in the article, I felt that the mother had a fear for her daughter of switching her to a different school because of a bully in her daughter’s classroom.
An advocacy strategy that supports my first article, “Amber Alert for 5 children from Niagara Region expires” is “Share with others anecdotes about experiences in the program (real stories of child and families) and information about its significance in the community.” (Long, 2019) I chose this strategy because I can share my observations of how to support the children’s well-being and safety needs about my experiences with the children and families in my development as an Early Childhood Educator. These would-be real-life experiences that can impact the community to become a supportive place where children and families can form positive relationships with me as a professional.
An advocacy strategy that supports my second article, “Addressing the monster known as bully” is “Speak to community groups and the local media.” (Long, 2019) I chose this strategy because I can communicate with the community groups about bullying and find out ways to support the children in my development as an Early Childhood Educator. I can communicate to the news stations to talk about my input when a child is being bullied in schools or daycares. I can find some solutions that can further develop the needs of a child in the classroom which can impact them in a positive way which will make the parents have faith in me.
- AMBER Alert. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://missingkids.ca/en/help-us-find/amber-alert/.
- Ontario. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.prevnet.ca/resources/policy-and-legislation/ontario.
- Richard, J. (2019, September 1). Addressing the monster known as bully. Retrieved from https://torontosun.com/life/relationships/addressing-the-monster-known-as-bully.
- Westoll, N. (2019, October 2). Amber Alert for 5 children from Niagara Region expires. Retrieved from https://globalnews.ca/news/5976806/amber-alert-5-children-niagara/.
- Long, D. (2019, September 20). Advocacy Strategies Handout. Retrieved from My.Seneca Blackboard
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: