This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
Terms of Reference
Today, Education is not a mere qualification. It brings with it an opportunity to step outside the boundaries of the four walls of a classroom. George Savile, Marquis of Halifax rightly opined, "Education is what remains when we have forgotten all that we have been taught."
Education as per my opinion should be such that brings new people of different cultures.
It provides one an option to develop amidst various cultures, thoughts, perceptions and experiences.
I work in my company as a director, my company is an education consultancy, As the director of my consultancy AEC - Abroad Education Consultants, it is my wish that our team achieve a common objective with our various university partners in making a project that depicts a truly open and wide-ranging industry of ideas, insights and view about the versatile realm of education overseas for students.
Our consultancy's main goal and objective is to get closer to the students in India, the opportunities of various demanding courses and study programs which are being offered in the premier education Institutes foreign. It is our top priority and duty that our students do not only get what they desire but also we try delivering the best alternative for their career. We provide counselling service to those of our students who look for a professional guidance for their future and we guide the students as per their interest in a particular sector or industry, We provide full assistance and work in coordination with our all students' ability, comfort and their future aspirations as well as whenever we choose a university for our students we have our main aim that our students are well satisfied with their education and have a better platform for starting of their careers.
Even to the universities to whom we send our students, we have a full faith in the universities abilities to make our students shine and emerge as fore-runners there. It is thus our main objective to provide excellent services in order to bring contentment to everybody we work with.
Our organization has completed 9 years of excellence in our field and during the tenure we have developed our brand image for the quality of service that we provide and have developed faith among our clients family and nearby for the abroad education services.
AEC Education Consultants is one of the fastest rising globally educational consultants dedicated to providing the Indian students with all essential information pertaining to the learning opportunities in UK. As from the recent years UK has been a place where there is a perfect blend of various traditions, culture, international exposure as well as global competition which makes a student not only makes his education complete in a perfect environment but also enhances a student's persona which helps them in their long run career as well, students after having a year or more than in the country are well versed with international environment but also due to such mixture of various international students, they even inherit the way to think differently and innovate some new ideas in their respective filed. We are authorized Partner of the British High Commission promoting education in the U.K. We have our several branches in India and are providing the best counselling and assistance to guide to choose and pursue a student's dream career. We at AEC help our students with scholarships and loan as well. We help them in obtaining an education loan from nationalized banks.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Career Counselling - We help our students to find and choose a particular course which will suit their interest and background. Comprehensive information on the International education system and lifestyle.
- University Selection- In this step we help our students to choose the best suited University for their course. After process application for all the Universities in U.K, and then we can suggest you which one is suitable in your field.
- Application Process -The next step is to apply the selected universities. We guide our students in filling the Universities form; assist in preparation of Recommendation letter, Statement of purpose. We send our recommendation letter with your university application form to the University highlight the strengths of the student and why she/he should be permit. The admission administrator considers this letter in their judgment making. We keep maintain the touch with the universities to ensuring the student a swift response.
- Financial Support- We also offer our help in obtaining bank loan and other scholarships.
- Visa Assistance -We assist our students in applying visa and other legal procedure. We prepare their visa file. We can help our students in arranging all required document for visa application. We also verify all the papers in our file and submit it according to the high commission/embassy requirements.
- Accommodation & Airport Pick Up- We also manage and book the accommodation in the foreign country. We will also arrange the airport pick up service for our students. Our student's safety is our first duty.
- Travel Arrangements-We will also assist our students in travel arrangement, foreign currency, all type insurance policy, opening a bank account in foreign country, mobile phone services in foreign country and other services as well.
From the recent years, as UK has become increasingly a place where education is one of the best throughout the world. Our clients are student who are interested in study in aboard.UK universities and colleges having thousand courses at various levels of education.
Most of the student who recently completed intermediate course and graduation degree prefer to go aboard for their further studies. The Student these days prefer UK degree because it take only three years and postgraduate master's course only one year compared with four year in most other countries.
Various TYPE OF QUALIFICATIONS IN UNITED KINGDOM:
- Various qualifications offered by UK Universities and Colleges
- First Degree (Bachelors Degree).
- Sandwich Courses: Where the assignments is accompanied by the practical work.
- HND (Higher National Diploma)
- Vocational Courses.
- Research (PhD.)
There are many questions strike in student mind regarding aboard studies. The most of information required by our client is related to education sector. There is following of question
Which most of the student ask to us such as?
- Why study in UK?
- Which university should i choose in abroad?
- How long does the admission process take?
- Is there any entrance exam?
- How much does it cost to study in aboard?
- What is kind of hostel service is available?
- Can I pay my tuition fee by instalments?
- What is the availability of work in the UK?
The UK is swift emerging as one of most demanded study place for student in this world.
It depends on study background and the financial status also should influence your choice of the university or college.AEC team will be helping you with selecting best course and university for you.
Actually, it depends on the university to university and college to college. But most of the cases it takes 5 to 8 weeks hardly.
There is no entrance test for any course as such. However; you need to score in IELTS or TOEFL with minimum band is 6.5.
It depends on the universities, college and country. If student pursue a Master course in UK University it cost around £6000 to £9000 pounds.
They are various option are available firstly, the universities provide on campus accommodation. In university accommodation consist of single and double room and you can have self catered facility where you need to prepare your own food. But most of time student hire flats or house outside which is cheap and best for them.
Yes you pay your tuition fee in instalment base and few universities also offer students to give huge discount on if they pay whole tuition fee in.
Every student is permit to work 20 hours per week.
Overview of the situation
There are unexpected problem will be arise with our client and us. In case when we send the all document of student to the universities for the registration but it will be refuse by the universities due the incompletion or wrong documentation. The UK universities want know the financial status of student for the living purpose many of the student face this problem to arrangement of cash on their account it's a very big issue for us and our client. There is an English exam, TOFEL and IELTS which conduct for the student who want take admission in UK there minimum band score is 6.5 but unfortunately student achieved that score, so it's very bad for both us. Most of the students are not aware of foreign country about their living standard, culture, custom and transportation, so it's possible for student they faced difficulty over there. Some student faced problem with due to technical issue like swift transfer (Online money transfer) the fee is transfer at that time to the university, so this process the slow down the other activity like apply for the visa, it's not possible for students to apply for the visa without getting unconditional letter from the universities. If the not join his classes from day first it very difficult for cover up the previous lecture. The first time when we met our client we put a applicant form which consist of many thing related to his/her past and exiting education background if they not fill the form correctly so its big problem for us in further producer due to the invalid information we can't do the right thing .
The PEST analysis is stand for "Political, Economic, Social, and Technological analysis."
Marketers find many opportunities by identifying trends (direction or sequences of events that have some momentum and durability) and megatrends (major social, economic, political, and technological changes that have long lasting influence).
Within the rapidly changing global pictures, marketers must monitor six environmental forces, demographic, economical, social-culture, natural, technological, political -legal. In demographic environment marketers must be aware of population characteristic; the age mix of population and literacy and education levels
In the Economic arena, marketers need to focus on income distribution and level of savings, debt and credit availability. In social cultural arena marketers must understand influence of religion, languages and customs that shape the values and attitudes of consumer preference, habits and behaviour. Whereas in natural environment marketers need to be aware of public's interested concerns about the environment. Many marketers are now embracing sustains ability and Green Marketing Programme that provide better environmental results.
In technological arena marketer should take account of accelerating pace of technological change, opportunities for innovation, verify R and D budgets, and the increased governmental regulation brought about by technological change.
In the political legal environment, marketers must work within the many laws regulating business practices and within various special interests group.
Before producing a good pest analysis it is of primary importance to firstly brain storm the relevant factors that applies to the organisation or to its business environment. Second requirement is to identify the information that applies to these factors. And thirdly to draw conclusion from their information it is however necessary not only to describe factors, but to think through what they mean and how do they impact the business. PEST analysis is only to a strategic starting point and has its own limitations emphasizing the need to test the conclusion and finding against the reality.
POLITICAL: - It includes legal and regulatory actions employment law, consumer protection, and environmental protection, inter country relationship attitudes, like political trends, governmental leadership, taxes and governmental structure.
- BUSINESS LEGISLATION: - The World Bank found that it takes thirteen days to set up a business in U.K. as compared to other countries.
- TAXATION SYSTEM: - The top corporate rate is twenty eight percent that accounts lowest in the G7 and below most of the U.K.'s core competitors. The U.K. has reduced its corporate tax from over fifty percent in earlier 1980's, down to one of the lowest in industry sector. The U.K.'s highest personal tax bound at 40% is one of the lowest in the Europe.
- EMPLOYMENT LAWS:- The world bank ranks U.K. the second best place in Europe to employ worker just behind Denmark.
- GOVERNMENT POLICIES:- According to transparency international the U.K. is one of the most transparent (least corrupt) countries in the world. It has high rating then France, U.S.A., Germany and Japan.
The number one city for business from 19 years running in 2008 by the European cities monitors London is one of the biggest financial leading sector in the world.
ECONIMICAL ENVIRONMENT:- The household belongings to the middle income and above categories constitute the bulk of consuming class, has been increasingly steadily over the years. The urban consumers have to incur has a great cost of living while the rural population has higher disposable income. It includes following points:-
PRODUCTIVITY:- Rapidly increasing historically the U.K. had lower productivity than its main competitors but this is changing and the U.K. has closed the gap with many countries and overtaken others.
SAVING RATE / DEBT: - In 2008 the U.K. attracted 501 new investments and expansion of existing investment, highest in Europe.
TRANSPORT LINKS:- The U.K. offers world class transport links, HEATHRO' s new terminal 5 is now open and working effectively, additional expansion is planned for international airport at STANSTED and London city. For sea containers terminal at London Gateway and Felixstowe and for rail network with investment in London. Cross rail and rail freight infrastructure has improved.
CREDIT AVAILABILITY: - More overseas companies set up their European headquarters set up there in the U.K. than anywhere else.
OLYMPIC OPPERTUNITIES:- London will host the Olympic games in 2012. Procurement started in 2007, contracts are available for firms of all sizes and the total budget will run in business.
SOCIAL CULTURAL ENVIRONMENT: - It comprise of various elements which are as follows:-
SOCIAL MOBILITY:- The U.K. has most extensive broadband market among the G7 countries and one of the strongest I.C.T. infrastructure in the world.
CONSUMERISM:- London is the world's leading financial services centre on a number of key performance indicators and was voted top in Europe.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION: - According to the TIMES Higher education supplement (THES) the U.K. has top six universities in the Europe and two of the top there globally. U.K. research produce sixteen research papers per U.S. one million dollar of research funding (compared with 9.2 papers in the U.S. and 3.6 in Japan).
LIFE STYLE CHANGE: - U.K. resident enjoy a high standard of living, education and recreation because personal taxes are low, publically funded health is free to all and there is a rich cultural heritage and abundance of leisure facilities.
POWER DISTRIBUTION INDEX: - Distribution of power is very complicated in some places. Racial discrimination is more and some societies are unequal to some extent.
INDIVIDUALISM: - Basically GEERT HOFSTEDE has mentioned cultural dimensions in which individualism is basically self dependent and collectivism means living with uncle, aunt, natives etc.
TECNOLOGY: - The U.K. is one of the most productive places for innovative firms in the world rating second only to the U.S.A. for the quality of its research base. It includes the following points:-
PACE OF CHANGE: - As new innovations are there in technology which is very rapidly adopted by the city which helps them to do work more effectively.
INTERNET:-For students it is essential to have a knowledge about internet specially persons who have migrated from one country to another because everything is computerised in this global era.
VERIFYING R and D BUDGET: - With the use of new M.I.S. system it has changed the face of working pattern. Everything is calculated and E.R.P. also helps in finding new ways to explore better opportunities and find potential customers for their organisation.
INCREASED REGULATION OF CHANGE: - As new technology comes which helps to do business in different manner like C.R.M. software etc.
Solutions and recommendations
Forecasts and outcomes
There are number of quality of UK which every should need to think when student deciding to study work or live:
- Culture-Every culture is good and bad part in view every different person and there are many exceptions to theses stereotypes.
- Diversity-There is wide range of mix cultures in UK.In London there overseas communities from all over the world.
- Tolerance-British public are generally liberal to foreigners, and respect the liberty to have different opinion and attitude.
- Freedom-People very free minded to express their own idea and thought and wear what they want. They don't care about people to agree with you all of the time.
- Humour-British citizens have a strong sense of humour, sometimes it very hard to understand for foreigner.
- Creativity-In UK individual ideas are encouraged. British citizen are frequently not as comfortable with working as group.
- Modesty-British people are quite modest. They do not complain openly.
- Language-The UK is the place where the English language developed. In UK the many people are using English as their first language and other country except the US (If you see the most English speakers in all these country such as-US: 230million, UK: 60 million, Canada: 20 million, Australia: 15 million, Irelabd/New Zealand/South Aferica: 3 million).The British accent very famous in world and people like it and it's easy to understand.
- Travel-In travelling in UK is easy, you can in railway station any many mall the help centre is available. There are flights to London from most parts of the world. You can travel in the UK by various transport but they are not efficient. But can having no problem with them.UK is a quite small country, so it's not difficult take a day-trips or go on vacation to other part of UK.There are many countries in which are close to UK of continental Europe. If student come and study or work in the UK, they have opportunity to experience a variety of different cultures of Portugal, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia, France and many other countries.
- Health. Most of the student comes for study in UK if their course is more than 6 month. They get the benefit of free health treatment if you cause by any disease. Just need to register with NHS that all.
- Work-International national student are allow to work part-time because they have restriction of 20 hour in a week. In UK the cost of living (ex-food and accommodation)is high,
Reference Section and Bibliography