Without exception, effective distance education programs begin with careful planning and a focused understanding of course requirements and student needs.
There is no mystery to the way effective distance education programs develop. They don't happen spontaneously; they evolve through the hard work and dedicated efforts of many individuals and organizations.
In fact, successful distance education programs rely on the consistent and integrated efforts of students, faculty, facilitators, support staff, and administrators
5. Which of the following is not good e-mail etiquette? [Hint]
Don't criticize others on the network.
Use a signature footer that includes your name and e-mail address.
Use short, descriptive subject headings.
Type all of your messages in capital letters.
6.Telecommunications offers significant advantages because
it is fast.
it is cheap.
it overcomes isolation.
it is brightly colored.
7. Appropriate use of copyrighted materials includes:
Putting 10 journal articles for one course on electronic reserve as pdf files
Get your grade
or your money back
using our Essay Writing Service!
Copying Â½ a book for class members
Citing references in your manuscript
Using cartoon strips as visuals
8. Hypertext allows text to be presented in which of the following ways?
Both linear and circular
9. Which of the following is not found in a multimedia program?
10.This embeds hypertext elements into multimedia.
None of the above.
11. Virtual Reality technology is not
harmful to the eyes unless goggles are worn.
an artificial environment.
12. Computer literacy usually contains which of the following categories?
Basic computer skills
Computers in society
Basic applications skills
All of the above
13. Which is a characteristic of constructivist learning models?
Building skills from lower to higher levels
Test items closely matched to objectives
Individual work to develop basic skills
Collaborative work to solve complex problems
14. The primary medium for most early distance learning is
15. A delivery method for synchronous instruction is:
16. Which is a consistent research finding about the effectiveness of distance learning?
Distance learning is usually as effective as face-to-face instruction.
Distance learning is usually more effective than face-to-face instruction.
Distance learning is usually less effective than face-to-face instruction.
Distance learning is usually better in combination with face-to-face instruction.
17. Distance delivery systems are classified by:
how far apart the instructor and students are.
the type of network they use to deliver instruction.
the degree to which they approximate reality.
the number of technologies used in the system.
18. Spam is an example of a:
type of local network.
form of plagiarism.
19. This method would be helpful in giving live demonstrations in distance classes:
20. A possible negative consequence of virtual schooling is
Increased choice of courses
Reduced opportunity for socialization
Personal contact from the teacher
21. A good lesson plan should contain all of the following except
hiding objects for use on exam.
22. Constructivist theory is
teacher as expert.
teacher as information dispenser.
teacher as coach and mentor.
23. What information is not likely to be found on a class homepage?
Student names and addresses.
Learning ideas for parents to help students at home.
Pictures of classroom events.
Descriptions of classroom projects.
24. Which of these is not a way that the Internet is reforming distance education?
Students have a greater range of instructor expertise and resources available to them.
Students can work remotely in settings that closely resemble face-to-face learning environments.
Students can learn at times and places that are convenient to them.
Students who live in remote areas have increased opportunity for support from instructors and communication with fellow learners.
Always on Time
Marked to Standard
25. Which statement best reflects the key elements of 21st Century learning?
Students and teachers use available modern technologies to explore answers to new questions and current problems.
Teachers and students use traditional tools to develop skills.
Students spend time in traditional classrooms.
Teachers use traditional lessons and assessments to measure student achievement
26. What habit shows good e-mail etiquette?
Removing the previous headers when forwarding a message.
Using your natural humor when sending messages.
Checking your mailbox only when someone calls to tell you they have sent a message.
Using all capital letters when sending a message.
27. Distance learning is a form of education characterized by which the following?
physical separation of learners from the teacher
organized instructional program
all the above
28. Which statement is wrong?
Learning can be defined as the transfer of knowledge from teacher to student.
Constructivists believe that learning is the result of the individual building knowledge by connecting new information to what they already know.
The teacher's voice is an example of an audio technology.
Fair use guidelines describe when it is allowable for educators to use copyrighted materials.
29. Copyright on the Internet:
is NOT clearly defined, so anything can be copied freely
provides the creator of www/Internet information with the right to make derivatives of work
is not an important consideration
is only concerned with public domain information
30. When preparing a course for distant learners, the instructor/designer should do which first?
conduct a summative evaluation
conduct a needs assessment
develop a design plan
prepare goals and objectives
31. Which is an example of distance education?
Completing financial aid forms on the www
A course from a public university on the www
Use of email to express political opinions
Use of audio conferences to close a home loan
32. Equivalency theory says:
equal experiences should be provided all students
what works in a tra ditional classroom should be used for distant learners
all students have the right to learn regardless of age or experience
students and teachers are the same
33. Which of the following is a benefit of use of word pictures?
they add humor and entertainment
they incorporate universally understood symbols
the facilitate comprehension of topics
they require study and experience on the part of the students
34. When students participate in a distance-learning class, they need to
know how to use the technology.
know when lunchtime is scheduled.
understand communication etiquette.
a and c.
35. In addition to watching and participating actively in all programs with the students, students learn more in cases where the distance-site facilitator does which of the following?
encourages interaction with the teacher and other students
answers questions at that site and solve immediate problems
takes responsibility for operating and troubleshooting the equipment
none of the above
36. In an online environment, the teacher's role may
shift to that of facilitator of the learning.
require ensuring that all students clearly understand their responsibilities and how to conduct themselves in the class.
require the teacher to keep a watchful eye on the class to make sure no one is falling behind.
all the above
37. Distance learning occurs via which of the following?
all of the above
38. Electronic learning is the result of instruction delivered by which of the following methods?
computer, often using networks
none of the above
39. Electronic learning allows students and teachers to enhance classroom learning by accessing information from
other students or experts.
all of the above
40. Electronic learning allows students to
sit passively while the teacher presents material.
actively participate in the learning process.
access electronic documents to enrich their study.
b and c.
41. Which of the following is one of the most common uses of the Internet in education?
This Essay is
a Student's Work
This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.Examples of our work
watching television in the classroom
videoconferencing with experts
electronic mail (e-mail)
42. Distance education students require
Instructional support at a distance
Technical support at a distance
Both technical and instructional support systems to be available at a distance
Technical support but instructional support can be available at the school site
43. The best sequence to follow in planning instruction is:
Evaluate, design, create, revise
Design, create, evaluate, revise
Create, design, evaluate, revise
Create, revise, evaluate, design
44. Which one of the followings is a Disadvantage considering the distance education:
Self-Pacing : Student's study at his/her own rate ,
Losing attention : It is difficult to gain attention for the teacher when the learner lose .
Optional support services : Student's flexibility in the use of support services (libraries ,advises etc)
Personal characteristics : Effects of the age, race, gender & maybe the physical disabilities in education.
45. Which of the following statements about distance education is not supported by the research?
Successful distant learners tend to be abstract learners who are intrinsically motivated.
Distant learners do not achieve as well as traditional learners
Distant learners have more favorable attitudes
Learners p refer to learn traditionally, all things being equal
46. Which of the following statements about distance education is not true?
Maintaining feedback loops in distance delivery is one of the most critical and challenging aspects of the instructional system.
For successful completion of a distance course, students should prepared in advance for the unique requirements.
Internet chats provide a way to hold small group discussions across distances.
Classroom management and preparation time is minimal for teachers in distance education courses.
47. Which of the following is NOT one of the major tenants of the theory of constructivism?
Students learn best by observing
Learning should be meaningful and have real world relevance
Students should play an active role in assessment
Constructivism values student interaction and collaboration
48. Which of the following statements about distance education is true?
It is normally not necessary for existing courses to be redeisgned before offering them at a distance
The "No Significant Difference Phenomenon" disputes claims that classes delivered at a distance are inferior to classes delivered on campus.
Generally speaking, distant learners do not achieve as well as do local, traditional learners.
Indpendence and separation have been the definitive charateristics ofr distance education.
49. Which of the following statements does NOT accurately describe how Internet-based
information is different than from traditional information?
Internet-based information can be linked and nonlinear.
Internet-based information can be dynamic.
Internet-based information is regulated.
Internet-based information can be highly graphical
50. The primary features of 2nd Generation distance learning technologies are:
Predominately one technology
Multiple technologies including computers
Multiple technologies without computers
Multiple technologies including the beginning of high-bandwidth