This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
The Tata Teleservices Limited (TTSL) was one of the major parts in Tata Group companies based in NAVI Mumbai in India. This TTSL was provided the mobile services all over India. The three brand names provided by the TTSL were Tata INDICOM, Tata DOCOMO and Virgin Mobile. The Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) was operates in Tata INDICOM and Virgin Mobile. The Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) was operates in Tata DOCOMO and Virgin Mobile as well. The GSM platform was arrived in the Tata groups by the strategic join of Japanese telecom giant NTT DOCOMO in November 2008. TTSL got the pan India licensed operator of GSM telecom service under the name of 'TATA DOCOMO0' .
The Prepaid and the Post paid of the GSM was started and present in eleven circles in India. This GSM telecom service was most famous by the 'one second pulse' scheme which was most popular in semi urban and rural areas in India. By that Tata groups launched this scheme most of all over India from south to north .
HISTORY AND BACKGROUND:
The Tata TTSL was first launched the CDMA Mobile service in India at the state of Andhra Pradesh circle in 1996. The Hughes Telecom Limited was changed to Tata Teleservices Limited in state Maharashtra in India December 2002. Then the TTSL was became more intense and focused on the Mumbai. It re-focuses an idea to expand their public call offices (PCO) and Cyber Cafe under the brand name of Tata INDICOM. TTSL started the WLL STD cost as Rs. 1.90 per minutes for around 500kms .
TTSL had received the Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) setting by Tamil Nadu government which was the backbone of the state and it was tied with the Motorola for beginning the CDMA software switch. TTSL was reached nearly 100000 subscribers in state Delhi in India. The CDMA mobile was the lowest pulse rate in Mumbai at 15 seconds. The CDMA contract was signed with Motorola in 2004 by Tata. A PTT service was first started in Tata INDICOM in India 2005 and the Hyundai Motor was signed the MOU with Tata INDICOM. TTSL was also joined with the Tata Consultant Service (TCS) and QUALCOMN as well .
The GSM platform was started in the Tata DOCOMO telecom service by the collaboration of Japanese telecom major NTT DOCOMO in November 2008 and it had the allotted spectrum in 18 circles. But TTSL was already had lot of circles, so the Tata DOCOMO spread as the forest fire in India faster . The Tata Tele-services was expanded their area as first from 50 cities and towns to nearly 1000 cities and town on March 2005 .
The NTT DOCOMO was one of the leading brand markets of Japanese market by providing mobile phones in Japan as 50 percent of market share. After one year DOCOMO introduced 3G technology product and I-mode TM mobile paying technology as its major application. Tata DOCOMO was the Global leader of (Value-Added Services) like services, design of hand set and integrating platform stage. Nowadays Tata Teleservices in Maharashtra Ltd had around 37 million customers in 320,000 towns and village in India .
PREPAY MOBILE FEATURES:
The most popular and leading features of Prepay mobiles in Tata DOCOMO was '1p/second' scheme which launched anywhere in India. The saving alert and 1 second of ISD call charging made changes of economic in Tata Tele-service Ltd.
- The scheme made each call charge as 1 paisa per second.
- Even the long or short call there was a total transparency for customer.
- Call information was updated by handset suddenly.
- ISD calls were charged by per second.
- Out of town or country no roaming charge.
- There was no need to pay for unused seconds in minutes by switch to Tata DOCOMO .
- Save lot of calls by this scheme.
MACROENVIRONMENT PEST ANALYSIS
Political, Economical, Social and Technological improvement of TTSL were gathered and analysed in PEST . The tax policy, labour work, environment law, trade restriction, tariffs and stability in political was described in Political analyses. Growth in economical, rate of interest, exchange rate and inflation rate was covered in the Economical analysis. By that the business growth and expand was gathered and research through this analysis. The cultural aspects like health consciousness, growth of population rate, distribution of ages, attitudes in career and safety were examine in the Social analysis. The environmental and ecological information of TTSL was described in the Technological analysis. The Environmental analysis was included the weather, climate and climate change. The Legal analysis includes the laws and also the health and safety .
NTT DOCOM announced the plan that 26 percent of share Tata Tele-service limited capital alliance agreement was signed by the parties in March 2009 which was announced in November 2009 where nearly 127.4 billion Rupees. Tata DOCOMO had 12 percent share of Tata Tele-services limited Maharashtra where roughly 5.7 billion Indian rupees. The Tata Tele-service limited and the Tata Tele (Maharashtra) limited covered nearly all over the India with network in high quality . The revenue growth of the TTSL was 1.7% to 51300000 Indian rupees in June 2009 compare to June 2008 where 50500000 rupees .
TTSL improved nearly 2.98 million subscribers in January 2010. It made the TTSL as the number one operating network in subscriber than BHARTI AIRTEL and Vodafone. After that the TTSL had the healthy growth in new subscriber additions which made the fifth largest telecom operator in India with 60 million subscribers. By the preceding months there was the improvement of 3.3 million subscribers newly. The pay-per-second scheme of the GSM of Tata DOCOMO was collaborate with CDMA Tata Indicom. In January 2010, the Tata GSM operator added 13.7 million subscribers, where the overall subscribers of the GSM were nearly 394.2 million . Tata Tele-service introduced new internet connection on March 2010. It launched DIALOG, the product that the subscribers connect the internet on their television by multimedia device without laptop which was first introduced in Kolkata and Chennai .
TTSL network operator was allowed to be seen the launch of GSM base services in Gujarat in Tata DOCOMO banner . It achieved the rank of sixth in the term of market share by the third straight month with 3.87 million of new subscriber which was followed by the Vodafone at 2.98 million. In September 2008 the TTSL had 4 million subscriber and 52% of increase in customer on July 2009 .
A leading supplier VOLUBILL (London) of real charging and policy control to fixed and mobile service providers was chosen by the Tata Tele-service limited for revenue leakage and granular data charging in December 2009 .
The EBITDA growth of the TTSL was increased in to 1.9% in June 2009 compare to June 2008. The TTML network was had thee congestion rate of free in four consecutive reported in TRAI. TTML was the number one operator in overall customer satisfaction reported in TRAI. In June 2009 nearly 8 million of customers were crossed with 42% growth area. There were 34.72 Crores of Indian rupees increased in net loss in June 2009 .
- Tata DOCOMO GSM mobile operator services introduce the attractive features in free internet browsing to social network. And free GPRS connection access to social network like Facebook, Orkut, Twitter, Linkedin and Nimbuzz.
- The Tata DOCOMO BuddyNet was introduced the plan as weekly rental 7 Rupees and one rupee per day. The first month was free trial for no cost.
- The cheaper rate call for 5 friends made the economical growth and sociological development of TTSL .
- Buddy-Net subscription also introduces the local call at 1p per 6 seconds and STD at 1p/ 2 second to all Buddy-Net members made the huge social communication around the customers. And the balance charge to gift as recharge to other Tata DOCOMO customer .
TECHNOLOGICAL IMPROVEMENT ANALYSIS:
Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) Ltd:
The TTML group's aim was provided on the basic of telecommunication and internet service. They divided the operator like telecommunication service and passive infrastructure service which was placed in highly economical cities in India. The technical ideas of the group shows in baking activities on mobile with short message service (SMS) which includes checking balance, check book request , check loan and also check credit card accounts. By using the systems the money was transferred of funds and payment of bills and mutual fund policies on July 2008 .
The fastest growing telecommunication was grown in Maharashtra and Goa in India by the brand name of Tata Tele-service limited. The company was involved to introduce the new technology of Wi-Fi base station market and announced the Wavion WBS-2400 Based station in Mumbai, India.th high speed wireless connection was launched first by the TTSL in India. This Wi-Fi connection was more powerful technology and the architecture solution which enable cost-effective, superior service and standard security service . The environmental crisis was made only by construction of networking tower in hill areas. Because of this crisis the signal problem was occurred in the Tata DOCOMO everywhere made the drawback of networking communication.
FUTURE DECISION MAKING:
- TTSL was the sixth largest mobile operator in India which made the future agreement with Indian retail giant Future Group which offer GSM mobile service in the popular name of T24.The T24 (Talk 24) was the brand name of US which gave the dual advantage to customer as 24 hours of the day. "Shop More, Talk More and Talk More, Shop More" .
- The recently launched 'DIALOG' device made the huge brand name of the TTSL. The multimedia applications 'Tata Photon' wireless data modem Dialog will make the future huge popularity and brand name of TTSL .
- The TTSL aim was drive the benefit from the capabilities of Microsoft office share point portal give authority to employees and enhance a smooth, integration and efficiency.
- MARKETING MIX
The successful mix of organisation need the proper and perfect marketing mix in their product. The marketing mix had the kinds as product, price, place and promotion which was also called as '4p's.
The marketing mix of the organisation required the chosen of right product, where sold in the right price of quantity and quality, need the right place for selling with using of most suitable promotion. For that the TTSL organisation knows the awareness about that brand name, need to check out the quality of the brand product, the product need the unique product feature of brand and the impact of promotion of purchasing the product.
"The marketing mix was controllable tactical marketing tools to work with join group for the achievements of organisation objectives. "
The telecommunication industries of India made the huge economical benefits around the country. The world popular networking and service of mobile operator were available in India most. The dominated industries in mobile services in India were AIRTEL, Vodafone which was in GSM Service. The Tata Tele-service limited was not introduced the GSM service while starting. The Tata CDMA had only 7.2% of market sharing in Indian Tele-service.
The abbreviation of SWOT analysis was Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats. The analysis of these four factors through the managing of organisation was called as SWOT analysis.
- Second's tariff plan which called as seconds pulse.
- The Tata DOCOMO was in the group of brand image of TATA groups.
- Variety of plans.
- Slogan of Tata DOCOMO "DO THE NEW" and Advertisement.
- The sociological value of organisation. Where the product was easily obtained by the common people from low to high level.
- The construction of tower problem in hill areas. Low signal strength.
- Nowadays they stopped the post paid connections.
- Other than mobile services they managing poor organisation of customer care service.
- Mostly the TTSL was took their interest in the cities and town as like rural areas not in urban.
- The mobile operator made the huge expanding of services
- Launching the different varieties of new plans as like their slogan.
- New service plans for internet users as well.
- The new technologic service of 3G compatible services.
- The SMS banking free monthly trail Internet services.
- The network services were rectified the band name did have any tragedy for developing organisation.
- The customer centre required to clearly explain the plans and the service of the tariffs to customer.
- To improving the lifetime 1ps/second tariff with perfect networking.
- Improve their network from the competitive organisation need to improve their quality.
There were three major products of the Tata Tele-service Limited as post paid mobile service, walky talky mobile services and USB modem. The Tata Tele-service had the products as Tata INDICOM, Tata PHOTON, TATA WALKY, Enterprise Service, VIRGIN Mobile and Tata DOCOMO.
POST PAID IN TTSL:
The TTSL had the good range of service which provided the post paid and the prepaid services. The networks have the good quality service which had the pure quality voice hearing handset. After the launching of GSM mobile service then the contact centre was the guide of post paid connection of the organisation. TTSL extended the new plan and scheme of photon plus after the Post paid connection. By using the post paid CDMA, the hand set available from the post paid were from Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Huawei and Haier. The Tata INDICOM was the wide range of CDMA hand set.
The Tata Indicom had new phones as Home and Business phones. The Home phones was had the requirement of call mobile with the cheaper rate, so the walky talky home phone made the good fulfilment for that. The Business phone had the excellent call charge where the walky features like line hunting, voice mailing, high speed internet and pooling.
The USB modem was introduced by the Tata INDICOM in Maharashtra. The plug 2 surf whiz USB Modem device launched in Maharashtra which made the good internet service to customer. This was the devices in direct fits of standard USB port in desktops and laptops for instant net service.
Tata Tele-service limited was the leading private basic operator which made the offer in telephone services, ISP, NLD, Broad band and CDMA services. These new schemes of TTSL develop the physiological factor of customer by the major force includes motivating the customer, perception, attitude and also the personality of the product . The cheaper call rate was introduced in the TTSL firstly. The most popular and developing the brand name of the TTSL was '1 Paise per second' scheme.
Then the updating information in the handset was the new technology introduced in TTSL which shows the account balance, last call charging and so on. The SMS charge of TTSL made the huge revolution around the mobile service in India. Where the Local SMS was 60 Paise per SMS and National SMS was 1.20 Rupees per SMS. The Tata DOCOMO's 1 paisa per second scheme made the attractive tariff plan in both post paid and prepaid .
TTSL had the channels of distribution in nice range. The Tata was already in the telecommunication service as Tata INDICOM which had the wide range of distribution to sell the Tata DOCOMO service operator.
The promotion of TTSL was viewed in the two categories as Advertising and Sales Promotion. The Advertising of Tata DOCOMO used different styles in there Patten other than competitive mobile service. By that the brand name and the popularity of TTSL was spread all over the India very faster. The newspaper and magazine made the huge role in developing the brand name. The Tata DOCOMO's latest features help the employer and customer care to reduce their burden . Example: The recent launch of DIALOG made the perfect sales promotion of TTSL. The DIALOG product made the enable customer to connect to internet service through the television set March 2009. The Tata DOCOMO introducing baking service in GSM was spread like fire through all over India by the help of advertisement and newspaper. Example: The latest launch of Android-powered Samsung mobile announced by the Tata DOCOMO and Samsung mobile with in-built Google Mobile services (Samsung Galaxy 17500) in India .
- The Tata Tele-service was one of the fastest growing dual technology mobile service limited which widely spread over India in the brand name of Tata INDICOM (CDMA service) and Tata DOCOMO ( GSM service). But the organisation needs the increase in network coverage because of hill area and some urban society customers were unsatisfied by the network coverage. This made the huge drawback of brand name.
- The important suggestion of Tata Tele-service limited was the slower download speed of internet in Tata DOCOMO. The brand image was slightly decreased day by day because of this drawback.
- The SMS tariff in Tata DOCOMO was not differ from the competitors SMS tariff. If the 'do the new' concept was applied in the SMS tariff, there was a huge change of development in economical and customer satisfaction.
- When compare with other mobile service the Tata Tele-service limited had the more number of 'black marketing' of SIM card dealer. By this black marketing the brand name was damage periodically.
- The customer service of the TTSL had to improve their availability service and they need to describe the tariff plan to the urban customer.
Tata Tele-service limited product Tata DOCOMO had got the image of customer satisfaction which was main priority of organisation. The organisation main eye was concentrate on the product differentiation and subsequent which was made the successful young, vibrating energetic brand image.
SECOND PULSE RATE:
The Tata DOCOMO was the first company introduce the 'Second pulse rate' scheme which was followed by other leading mobile service in India. The NTT DOCOMO was 26% of stack holding in joined with Tata Tele-service organisation.
By improving the signal level of the each area of the Society made the organisation level to good future. By improving the new promotion in the market made organisation's brand name emphasis around the competitive organisation.
The project analysis gave the improved knowledge about the Tele-communication in India and the major role of Tata DOCOMO in mobile service around India. The suggestion given to the organization will apply in future to make a huge change of improvement to their service to customer.