This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
Thesis Statement: NASA's first manned lunar landing was deliberately forged by the instructions and under the supervision of the American government to fortify the military, political, and economic wellbeing of the nation after the corroding post-war events.
Skepticism towards the moon landing authenticity began by scientists and authors soon after the alleged return of the landing module of Apollo 11.
- Origins of the idea of a hoax began soon after the mission was claimed successful.
- Bill kaysing's book, We Never Went to the Moon: America's Thirty Billion Dollar Swindle, published two years after the mission, casted doubt among many regarding its authenticity.
- Conspiracy theorists' state hoax claims with proof.
- Photographic evidence reveals mishaps when compared to the nature of the moon's surface.
- The waving flag when there is no wind on the moon's surface.
- No stars could be seen in the photos.
- Picture crosshairs appear on images taken.
- Inconsistent shadows observed assumingly because different of studio lights.
- The clarity of the photos.
- Missing mission data and blueprints caused more doubts about reality of moon landing and believed to be a cover by NASA.
- In 2002, Apollo 11 telemetry tapes and the original Apollo 11 film footage were found missing.
- Scientific setbacks should have eliminated the chances of landing humans on the moon.
- Radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt that separates the earth from the moon should have destroyed the module and killed the boarding astronauts.
- The unbearable heat on moon's surface should have melted camera film.
- Sudden death of employees related to the moon landing seemed suspicious and considered cover missions to hide the truth of apollo11.
- The recent proof yet is that the Apollo 11 crew has been caught by the accidental release of a tape showing them faking the moon landing two days prior to the Apollo 11 module's landing on the moon's surface.
- Filmmaker Bart Sibrel has access to these tapes and displayed them in his documentary, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon.
- NASA claimed that the tapes only show the Apollo crew 'practicing' the mission.
- In Astronauts Gone Wild: An Investigation into the Authenticity of the Moon Landings, the Apollo crew were shown the footage of themselves faking the moon landing and 'got wild.'
The events leading up to forging an Apollo mission to deceive the world began after WWII, when the cold war started to evolve among major power countries of Europe and the west initiating the warfare competitions between the United States and the Soviet Union.
- The cold war is the battle primarily between the U.S. and the USSR after WWII.
- During WWII, the U.S. and the USSR were allies against a mutual enemy: the Nazis.
- There was distrustfulness lurking between the two allies during and after the war.
- There was disagreement about the post-war European arrangement.
- The created friction between the alleged allies sparked a war- Like competition between them.
- Military power differences caused fear and provoked pre-war thoughts.
- America disliked Joseph Stalin of Russia and feared communist attack
- Russia feared America's atomic bomb and the U.S.'s refusal to share nuclear secrets.
The cold war escalated as a worldwide competition.
- U.S. aided North-Vietnam militarily and economically to help collapse South-Vietnam which was supported by the Soviets.
- Nuclear Weapons were development by the U.S. and the USSR to strike one another.
- The Soviets launched the first earth orbiting satellite, 'Sputnik.'
The launching of 'Sputnik' marked the beginning of the space race between the U.S. and the Soviet Union.
- The Russians first surpassed the United State as the first space power.
- Russians launched the first Human and animal into space.
- Failure of the U.S. project Vanguard caused the 'Sputnik Crisis.'
- The U.S. felt as 'lagging behind' in the race.
- The founding of NASA occurred.
- The establishment of the National Defense Education Act.
- President Kennedy initiated the Apollo program.
- President Kennedy challenging the Soviets in a technological challenge to go to the moon.
- The first reason behind forging the moon landing is the gaining of the American national prestige by winning the space race.
- Determination of the United States to become the first in space exploration and win the challenge of going to the moon.
- President Kennedy's goal of landing the first human on the moon before the end of the 1960s.
- Advantages believed to be gained from a lunar landing.
- Economic benefits for the country.
- Technical credibility going to America.
- National security privilege gained and used as a cold war front.
The United States' involvement in the Vietnam War went with unpopularity
Among nations, causing it to formulate a distraction using a moon landing: second reason for the forgery.
- The U.S. got involved in the war to prevent South Vietnam from communism as a strategy of its containment policy, against Ho Chi Minh's communist forces in North Vietnam.
- The U.S. got involved as an opposition to the soviet's communist influence expansion.
- After President Kennedy's Assassination, America was neither not fully committed to war nor withdrawing from it.
- The public opinion of the war began to form anti-war Protestants.
- News coverage that U.S. marine soldiers are attacking Da Nang.
- Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. denounced the war.
- U.S. troops slaughtered around four hundred unarmed Vietnamese citizens.
- More American lives lost in war caused more angry Protestants.
- Agreement of 'Vietnamization' which is the withdrawal of U.S. troops from South Vietnam in 1969, the same year of the launch of Apollo 11.
- Moon landing conspiracy theorists believe that the U.S. government benefited from a distraction from the Vietnam War by the lunar landing; as the Apollo mission suddenly stopped around the same time that the U.S. ceased its involvement in the Vietnam War.
Behind the scene of the cold war, 'the real space race' was taking place; the race to use outer space in military control mechanisms.
- The Military-Industrial Complex (MIC), the concept of military support, wanted a distraction from the real space program that handles space for military purposes.
- According to the film Arsenal of Hypocrisy, NASA was used by the MIC to construct propaganda for the known space race while rockets with military payloads were sent into earth orbit.