Appeal to emotion
1. “Our new cutlery set will make you feel so good when you see it laid out on your dining table. 'Style and Grace' is the right thing for you.”
Here the shopkeeper says to the consumers that the cutlery set which came recently in the shop, if the consumer buy it and when the consumer laid it one his/her dining table the cutlery will give them happy feelings. And shopkeeper also says that style and grace is perfect obsession for thee consumers.
Appeal to Authority
2. "Famous physicist John Taylor studiedUri Gellerextensively and found no evidence of trickery or fraud in his feats." Taylor was not qualified to detect trickery or fraud of the kind used by stage magicians. Taylor later admitted Geller had tricked him, but he apparently had not figured out how.
Here famous physicist john Taylor admits that he checked Uri Geller broad, and he established that there is no fact of trickery or fraud in Uri Geller's achievements on him. But John Taylor did not studied about how to identify the tricks or fraud done by the stage magicians. After some time Taylor confesses that Geller had tricked on his self but Taylor does not know how Geller tricked on him.
Appeal to pity
3. I may not be as smart as you are - I couldn't afford to go to college and I can't understand the fancy arguments you find in books. But I have read my Bible and I know what it says. More than that, I know it is true because you don't have to be a smart person to get that. Even a poor person like me, with little education and reading, can see that God exists - so why don't you?
A poor person admire that He is not smart as the people who goes to college and be smart. Because he haven't enough money to pay for the college fees and he is not able to find the fancy arguments given in the books. But he state that I read Bible and he knows that what Bible wants to say. He accurate that if you want to be a smart person then you don't have to follow the path of Bible. He plead that even poor and tiny educated person can see that God exist then why the educated persons are not able to get that god is exist.
4. “If you are playing roulette and the last four spins of the wheel have led to the ball's landing on black, you may think that the next ball is more likely than otherwise to land on red. This cannot be. The roulette wheel has no memory. The chance of black is just what it always is. The reason people may tend to think otherwise may be that they expect thesequenceof events to be representative of random sequences, and the typical random sequence at roulette does not have five blacks in a row."
The author says that Gambling is always going on luck. While you are playing roulette and the ball mostly landing on black, you thought that next ball will land on red but it don't, The roulette wheel has no memory it will stop it happens on chances only. People tendency to think is there must be a sequence of landing the ball on black or red. But they don't knows that in a roulette there isn't five blacks in a line.
Appeal to belief
5. At one time, mostpeoplein Europe believed that the earth was the centre of the solar system (at least most of those who had beliefs about such things). However, this belief turned out to be false.
The author wants to say that European people who had beliefs about some obsessions. They had belief before a long time that The Earth is the centre of the solar system. But after some experiments scientist proved that the sun is the centre of the solar system. Then the belief goes wrong.