Axia Online Learning
Axia's Educational Resources
Axia also provides various financial resources and various degree programmes that range from various medical courses to different social sciences. For one to secure his dreams he must have a variety of ways to do that, Axia provides distance learning which can be used by students or online education. Distance learning works well when one has a job or is occupied with activities which can not allow him to attend college in person.
After making an application to Axia College the student then can log into the site where he/she will be getting and submitting his work done in relation to the course, the student is also required to know the various forums which he will be required to deal with. There various classes which the student is required to attend thus logging into them helps to see the course contents, the needs of that course and the lecturer’s addresses and other contacts of the institution. (Axia educational resources 5th march 2008)
Get your grade
or your money back
using our Essay Writing Service!
The above information should be printed if the student can not get to the internet easily or often and he needs to contact the support team. Knowing the rules and Regulations regarding attendance and skiving of classes, access of resources, duties and rights of students and various guidelines on how to use and get maximum benefits from the website and the class forums.
Prepare your classroom by cleaning it up on your first day this is vital because; a clean learning helps one to focus on his class work and reduces chances of distractions, one also has that feeling of mental preparedness and being in control of things.
One also needs a printer this is because of the number of documents and reference materials he will be required to have. Printing ink is also vital tool for a student to have. The student should also visit the school website to check any changes effected by the school. (Axia educational resources 5th march 2008)
Upholding Academic Honesty
Academic honesty is upheld when students do not do the following.
Plagiarism and Academic Cheating
Plagiarism occurs when uses someone else piece of work and fails to attribute credit to him i.e. he/she makes a piece of work look like he is the origin or source of information while in real sense he has used someone’s material or knowledge. Students are expected to observe and uphold the principles of truth and honesty in academics, they must avoid cheating at all costs. For example while doing exams one is not supposed to copy and present a different of his understanding regarding to the subject. (Honesty and academic integrity)
Failure to Observe Disciplines of Academic As Forumulated
These refers to things like citations, avoiding plagiarism, copying, e.t.c. incase you have used someone else’s piece of work, and then attribute should be given to that person and proper referencing done. Forgery and provision of information which is wrong or intentional use of a document in the wrong way should be avoided. You should portray a clear understanding of you know about the subject. Intentional damage or misuse to any academic property of another student should be avoided. (Honesty and academic integrity)
(Buckhurst, Nathaniel 2000) the writers claim that “integrity and in upholding the principles of veracity and fidelity is expected”academic honesty should be upholder by various people including nurse researchers and faces any scholar whatever the field (Burkharsdt, Nathaniel 2000)
Setting and Achieving Goals
Goals are things which we want to achieve in a given situation or circumstance in our lives. Goal setting techniques are used by different people e.g. learners, boxers, e.t.c. goal setting is vital as it gives one self motivation and vision to achieve a goal, it also enables one to gather sufficient resources for the purpose of achieving his goal
Starting to Set Personal Goals
This starts with creation of a large picture concerning your ambitions, this is then divided into lesser targets that are easily reached and lastly, focus on achieving it .don’t set targets that you can nit easily achieve as this can lead to despair incase we don’t achieve them.
Always on Time
Marked to Standard
Don’t try to carry out everything at ago start with issues you can carry out today and then move towards the others. You must observe the following; Attitude, if there is anything pulling you back or distracts you then looks for a remedy to that .Secondly, education, check if you will need any kind of knowledge and the necessary ways and skills that you will require to achieve your goals. (Setting and achieving goals, 4 mar 2008)
Ways of Setting Goals (Tips)
1. Goals should be stated positively; stating goals in a positive way impacts positively in our minds. For example say “failure to it by evening will mean I am unlucky” but not “failure to it in the evening will mean I am stupid” it is said that the mind is the greatest determinant of our activities so be positive always in your goal setting objectives.
2. Exactness and preciseness; the dates and amount of resources required should be exact and precise; this enables achievement to be measured well. It also enables to know when he has completed his mission or when to put in more effort to reach the targeted goal.
3. Set performance goals not outcome goals; the goals must be in your own jurisdiction or control, they must not exceed your control. Having control on our goals enables us to be in control of our success and get the required satisfaction.
4. Avoid setting unrealistic objectives or goals; you should avoid building castles in the air, get to know the obstacles on the way before even formulating your goal. Setting higher goals than what you can reach can make you give up before even reaching there Comprehension of the skill and knowledge needed is vital before embarking on a goal.
5. Note your goals down; this enables them to have more force than if they are just spoken without writing, it also easy remembrance and crystallization of information.
Take your time to look back at your success after achieving a goal, look at the steps you made towards its achievement and if it is a great one then congratulate yourself well all aims at building your self esteem and confidence. If the goal was achieved too easily then your coming steps must be harder and if it took, you forever to do it then make it easier the next time (Setting and achieving goals, 4 mar 2008)
Managing Your Time Effectively
Spending time, like utilizing money, is a very private matter. Different from money, nevertheless, you cannot get a "time raise" or "save some hours" for a demanding day. Victorious students, like other winning people, must account time according to their precedence to ensure that they spend it efficiently.
- Identify Your Goals and Priorities:
- Analyze How You're Spending Your Time Now
- Break major tasks down into small chunks
- Eliminate tasks
- Delegate or negotiate tasks
- Consolidate tasks
- Evaluate your habits
- Know and wisely use your prime working times.
- Be prepared to lower your standards.
- Learn to say "No"
- Be flexible but remain in control
- Study Smart
Time Management Tips
- Make a study schedule and stick to it
- Understand assignments and write them down
- Develop an understanding of your best concentration times
- Remember that "study" includes many different tasks
- Realize that different subjects require different types of preparation
- Schedule study learning sessions to fit your attention span-
- Begin each study session with goal setting-
- Study difficult and/or complex material first-
- Vary subjects and type of study for maximum efficiency-
- Schedule periodic review sessions-
- Use all of your available time.
Fostering Reading Comprehension and Retention
This Essay is
a Student's Work
This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.Examples of our work
Many times we read and do not understand or figure out the meaning of what we have just read; there are various strategies that have been used to curb this like looking for help from somewhere else, asking related questions about the content or creating Images. But the best ways of fostering comprehension in classroom as propounded by various teachers are as follows:
1. Creation of routines that allows learners to exercise independency in their learning: this Makes student’s take full responsibility of their reading. Students are also made Accountable of their actions and they realize what is required of them. (Presley and Michael 2001)
2. Establishment of reading groups: this may be large groups, medium sized groups or even small ones, this are created based on student needs.e.g. Students who are wanting in Terms of reading are grouped together with those who are capable in reading.
3. Full participation of all students; students enjoy most if they are vested with some Responsibilities regarding their reading homework within given limits. They also feel great when given responsibility to choose the text to read as this ties them to that responsibility for a greater duration of time, they also experience a greater sense of achievement.
4. Familiarize students with different features of different texts; give students chances of Reading poetry, drama and other unique texts.establish small lessons and other kinds of Reading. Learners may read alone or in a group or discuss, or create different types of text as part of the literacy schedule to understanding and absorption of the content
5. Give chance for students to matters concerning their reading in tiny groups and large Groups; this makes sure that student’s comprehension is taken to deeper levels and they Also know how to prop their reasoning and tell if realized what the writer meant. This also assists them to retain the material for a longer period of time
6. Provide for them chances for wider and greater reading; give different types of topics with different reasons. This widens their scope of thinking and reasoning.
7. Encourage questions and queries from students about the text at all times; making Inquires concerning the material read before reading or during and after makes recalling more easily to student. Through questioning the students learn the indepth content and ideas. Other methods that can be used are; giving total attention to content, checking the Semantics of words to ensure understanding and using previous knowledge and facts to understand the text .Give a time of between thirty to fifty minutes for students to read alone, this is done either within the school or even while not at school. (Pearson, David 2001)
Applying Personality and Learning Styles
Personality is the total sum characteristic or behavior of an individual, it is mostly the dominant trait or characteristic of an individual.e.g we can say someone is honesty, selfish or even an introvert or extrovert. Learning is defined as the process by which someone or the learner acquires skills and knowledge through reading, writing, listening seeing, e.t.c. personality affects learning styles in the following ways; Extroverts explore things and try to venture to the world to get new ideas, this has great impacts to academics because they will try to get deeper meaning of words compared to Introverts.
On the other hand introverts tend to keep things to themselves and pay attention To their own “small” world, this is disadvantageous because there is no research Thinkers and feelers; thinkers are pessimistic and are strict followers of rules, they don’t deviate from rules .on the other side feelers follow rules in a very minimal way and their solutions are usually from their own discretions and considerations.
When this is applied to learning, thinkers will follow rules relating to learning to academics and pass while feelers are less likely to learn as they do things in their own way without following the laid down rules or regulation e.g. concerning learning or in the academic sphere. Judgers and perceivers; Judgers look for agendas and can close even unfinished work, while perceivers are flexible to environmental changes and can do away with unfinished work, but they will look for more information instead.
From that context, we can see that perceivers can learn easily as compared to judgers this is because they adapt easily and they are research oriented. People can also be grouped as sensors or intuitions depending in their focus and Orientation to ideas, facts
Corner L, (2008).applying personality and learning styles
Presley, Michael (May 2001).ready research conference. International ready association
Conference New Orleans, L.A
Person, David (May 2001).Research conference .international reading association
Conference. New Orleans L.A
Early M, (2008).A distance learning education student survival guide
Mind tools ltd, 1995 setting and achieving http://www.mindtools.com/page6.html