All the data for the research work collected by questioners posted and emailed to the focused organizations and the resaved data incorporated into table form. For data collection and analysis, all available resources applied i-e. library books, tapes, reports, journals, videos, manuals and also some of the data drawn from observation and experiences, interviews of the stack holders and work force of the institutions. Different surveys conducted by meeting people and surveying organisations, giving them questionnaire to complete and return. During this research work different people were interviewed and observed by watching them while they performing assigned tasks, engaging them in discussions, asking questions, making notes, tape and video or video recording.
Careful attempt for sampling and piloting the questionnaire made, as the questionnaires are the most important methods in this research work. Simple questioner for workers, stockholders, machine engineers created and conducted. In it there is a sequence of questions rise to individual to get information about an issues of PPC &PM and then used statistically. These are in a chain of questions and actions for gathering information from answerers. These formulated for analysis of the responses in statistical way.
Question types are open-ended and closed-ended question in which respondent can formulate his / her answer and in some questioners respondent have to pick an answer from the given options. The questions flow is logical and for the best response rates, my questions start from the less sensitive to most sensitive. More over factual, behavioral, general and specific questions addressed. In the questioners comprehensible and clear wording used, correct language used and no assumptions made for the respondents. In accordance with the features of research work, it kept in mind that the questionnaires should contain the conditions in which answered and making sure, equilibriums, additions, and alterations.
During this research work for data collection, some specific production planning and control questioners and interviews conducted. Some of them are structured and while some unstructured.
Get your grade
or your money back
using our Essay Writing Service!
- Face to face
- Face book
- Net chatting
- While questionnaires completed during
- Conversation with respondent
- By email
- By post and
- By telephones
STRUCTURED INTERVIEW FOR PRODUCTION PLANING AND CONTROL
- Is organization satisfying customer demand?
- Is organization achieve the lowest cost?
- Increase of inventory level by increase of customer demand?
- Holding costs estimated at high level?
- Total and cost not estimated at minimum level?
- Is minimal cost as a result cause failing to supply the customer demand and its consequence is loss for the company?
- Is production a driving force to which most other functions reacts in any manufacturing activity?
- Are customers satisfied delivery schedules?
- Are routes and schedules established?
- The plan for the processing of materials through the plant established through the functions of process planning, loading, and scheduling?
- The function of dispatching puts the plan into effect that is, operations started in accordance with the plant?
- Actual performance compared to the planned performance and action taken when required corrective?
- Process Planning (Routing) in practice?
- Are satisfying customer demand?
- Is achievement of the lowest cost?
- Process planning (Routing) must require?
- Loading of the work required against the selected machine or workstation?
- Scheduling for the inventry for planning functions?
- Combining functions in a full process
- Dispatching i-e. authorizing the start of an operation on the shop floor should be timely
- Reporting or follow - up for all processes, production and performanceses
- Corrective actions for production planning and control highly recmended
- Re-planning factors for all sercomstances
- Issues which can affecting production planning and control
- Type of Product
- Type of Manufacturing
- Production Planning and Control Procedures followed
- Production Planning and Control Systems followed
- Market forecast always checked before starting production
- Sales order should specify that what has coustomer has purchased
- Stock order should specify that what has left over in stock
- Shop order should specify that what is pipe line for manufacturing
- Standard process sheet generated
- Engineering specifications considered and maintained
- Route sheet always followed
- Load Charts formulated
- Job Tickets assighned
- In an organization there should be no single pattern for the organization of the production planning and control activity
- Centralized Production Planning and Control for certain processes
- Decentralized Production Planning and Control according to situation and requirments
- Good relationships with other functions in an organization
- Measurement of effectiveness vision, mission and planning regularly
- Site Selection should be made in accordance with availability of raw materials, work force and transportation
- Building made according to requirements and forecosted upon 10 years future requirmants
- Machinery should be up dated
- Transportation of materials and products through quick services
- Availability of Materials always regularly checked
- Procurement of Materials in accordance with order
- Production planning and control should be practical
- Quality Control is your basic task
- Yield should be checked regularly
- Efficacy of mashines and human maintained
- Performance of both machine and working force monitered
STRUCTURED INTERVIEW FOR PERFORMANCE MEASURMENT
- Is performance measurement mechanism for reviewed and revised for targets and standards?
- Are individual measures as performance and circumstance change developed?
- Is performance measurement used as challenge the strategic assumptions?
- What are tools and techniques for monitoring, controlling, investigating and problem solving?
- Effect diagram and cause made.
- Run chart followed.
- Scatter diagram in operation?
- Flow chart?
- Pareto chart
- Control chart
- Affinity diagram
- Interrelationship digraph
- Tree diagram
- Prioritisation grid
- Matrix diagram
- Process decision program chart
- Activity network diagram
- In the executive team meeting if an fails to move effectively towards its strategic objectives then the causes should be analysed and might include:
- Under-performance at a lower level
- Strategic objectives are not communicated effectively
- Strategic objectives have not been defined properly
- Validity/Relevance of the objectives
- The supports tools for the course of action should also include,
- Trend analysis tools ?Control Charts
- Relationship analysis Tools ?Correlation analysis, Multivariate analysis, Cause and effect diagrams, Pareto charts
- Checking the consistency of the PMS communication ?Departmental reports and input
- Always check the validity of the mission and vision statements and the company's strategic objective still support the mission and vision of the organisation.
QUESTIONER FOR PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL
QUESTIONER FOR PERFORMANCE MEASURMENT
Always on Time
Marked to Standard