This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
To become a perfect and effective tourism website, it should have the following issues considered.
- All the tourism development corporations must have an exclusive website having rich and relevant content to promote tourism. The sites must be prominently advertised also
- All the websites should be named to include ‘tourism' word in the name of the websites that the tourist can locate the sites easily
- The websites should be properly optimized for the Internet search engines and all the sites should be submitted to popular search engines such as Google etc. for ranking. This will allow tourists to easily search the relevant websites. Websites should also try to provide rush period information to enable tourists plan their travel for a comfortable trip
- It is suggested that each website should contain a map of the country with each state being a clickable link to the tourism website of that state. This will enable the tourist to locate the places of interest from one single point
- The sites should be made multilingual covering all the major languages spoken in English and world over as far as possible to exploit the tourism potential in all around the world
- All the websites must provide hyperlinks to the tourism websites of other different countries. It may be done by providing a map of the selected country with each state being a clickable link to the tourism website of that state. This will enable the tourist to locate the places of interest from one single point.
- All the websites must explicitly mention the tourist season to help the visitor plan the trip
- The sites may include an option such as ‘More Information' that has more detailed relevant information supplemented with rich multimedia content wherever possible which can be accessed by those interested in knowing more about the places
- Though most of the sites provide information about various package tours conducted by the tourist agencies, online booking facility for the same may also be included
- The websites should include online booking facility for booking the accommodation in all the hotels owned by various tourist development corporations. It is also suggested that wherever possible, links should be provided to the websites of the hotels and other hospitality providers for facilitating online booking of accommodation
- The tourism corporations must provide information for modes of travel and for forward and return travel reservations now that technology is available for the same
- Money transfer facility without violating foreign exchange regulation must be provided if
The country wishes to earn foreign exchange through international tourism.
- All websites should compulsorily provide information about safety and security so that the tourist who is mostly a newcomer in the region can use the information; while on tour in; getting in touch with the right authority in case of any safety/security issue arises
- All the websites should provide relevant information on health and hygiene.
The Web Site Design and Development Process
For a tourism website to become perfect and function correctly, there are plenty of steps in the web site design and implementation phases. In order to complete these stages, we should consider the following steps.
- Information Collection
- Design planning & design
- Testing and Delivery
Phase One: Information Collection
In the first step, it involves a solid understanding of our company and why it is created for.It gives a good communication and helps to understand the company'sgoals, dreams and how the website can be utilized to help to attract customers and draw profit to the tourism company.
In this phase, the program manager, project manager, analyst, web designer and the customer who will have to sit in a meeting of how and what the customer want to implement. Tourism Company will have to lay out how they want their website, how long they want to wait and with what sort of requirements that they want their website are. Then the program manager will have to set the processes schedule and descriptions for each personnel. The duty of the analyst is to start off by starting web based researches & other types of physical or electronical researches and report and provide them to the program manager.
Phase Two: Planning
Utilizing the data attained from step one, we should advance to the next step to of putting together a plan for the web site. In this stage, a site map diagram is generated. It consists of many bold fields of the tourism site, as well as branched fields. This helps itself as a instruction to what the website will contain and it also acts as an aid for implementing a exact, user friendly system.
In this stage, the program manager will give respective duties to the web designers. The web designers will carry out the implementation process within the schedules provided by the project manager and they will make decisions on the technologies that need to be implemented. Accessories such as appraisal letters, online business functions, animated images, etc. are also considered in this stage.
Phase Three: Design Planning & Design
Once we have planned every step in creating the website, the design phase comes in handy. Target customer is one of the key factors that can be considered when designing a website especially a tourism or marketing website. In this stage, not only the web designer but also the project manager, board of directors, programmers and recent company executives will need to create one or more prototype web designs of their likes.
Project manager is also responsible for creating a user friendly prototype to implement. Then the customer will check out their most desired one and then passed it to the program manager. Only then the program manager sets relative goals and instructions to the web designers to implement the design.
Phase Four Implementation
In the development stage, the real website will be created. The web developers create the home page as a shell format firstly and the shell can also be regarded as a example for all the participants pages of the tourism web site, as it contains the main navigational procedures and steps for the tourism web site. When a shell document has been generated, documented items such as user appraisal forms, animated flash images or online shopping functions are generated and made functional during this phase as a second priority.
For the development stage, the web designer creates a report gathered form of the entire prototype containing the graphics, designs etc and will deliver to the programmers group. Then the programmers will implement the home page firstly and create a shell for implementing the other pages and they will pass these working copies to the designer and he will have to pass it around the appropriate areas. The designer should continue to make in-progress web site available to the customers for viewing, so that the project manager can suggest any additional changes or corrections he would like to have done.
Phase Five: Testing and Delivery
For this stage as part of testing, the programmer and the website designer should check to make sure that the source code written by programmers for the web site are correct and meets the validation standard. Valid code means that the tourism site is at the current web implementation standards- this is useful in checking the problems such as cross-browser testing as stated above. A File Transfer Protocol service is required to be used as an software for uploading the web site main files to the available web server. Once the accounts have been established, and your web site is fully generated to the server, the site should be passed under one run through process. This is just important to confirm that all the access files have been generated on the web server correctly, and the tourism site continues to be complete.
At this point, the web designer, the programmer and analyst will work out together to the deep details and test the web site in corporation with the customer. They will also test these items such as functionality of forms or scripts and compatibility issues or cross browsers testing ensuring that our tourism web site is available to be ran well in the recently used and popular browser softwares. After all these tests have been checked and the customer has confirmed, the project manager will have to provide the tour company with the registration of domain name and hosting of the newly generated website.
Phase Six: Maintenance
Although the development of our web site is over, the maintenance stage must be repeated from time to time. Since the company's website is built to provide information about the tourism details for daily visiting customer, the places, images, rates, etc must be changed when any changes occur in the real world. If the company has decided to update or carry out any maintenance to the website, there is an auto generated online service called a CMS (Content Management System) that can be generated directly to the tourism web site. This process should be already decided while planning how to implement the entire system. With a CMS, the designer can use online software to generate a database for the online system.
For the maintenance process, the analyst, programmer and the web designer will have to contact the tourism company regularly in order to change or update the entire project. The analyst will have to enquire the client company from time to time. If they want to update, the analyst will have to inform the project manager. He will approve the program manager to carry out the necessary processes.
Website Quality Assurance
From quality assurance, web-based, describes the steps to enforce quality control standards to regulate the work of Cooking and the processes used in manufacturing sites and components of the infrastructure and content can be made. The quality assurance site is used to see progress on the rate of decline. Defects and general increase in site usage and performance should serve a service that reminds users to design and develop websites that are designed for users outside the office, accreditation checks. Land forces provide a positive user experience quality.
If you are limited in what you can charge them to the restrictions of the document instance, if you do not. To test data or the media said that if you test the quality of the website even with a good design. And most developers find the problem and failure to provide high-quality team of Security to be expected in all areas, and team management - how QA can be done efficiently.
Focusing on process improvement, the key to understand on understanding the quality assurance procedures: focus on quality, which comes from website creation process (create, develop and print it out - you need a description of the process on the ground), which focuses on quality assurance. The phases to create processes, which aim to improve their productivity improvement of the quality. Focus tracking problem quality assurance in the case with the participation and the resolution to close the defected quality control process. The problem was discovered and reported a general and sent to people who "own" work of quality control defect that can process the binary: pass or something, and "bounced" back to the team responsible for the changes it enough.
Type of test
To create a defined and the Web, we need to test to make sure that customers can not point out the weak point. These tests include.
- To test if the user has experienced the same image regardless of your browser to see them out on the web.
- With regard to the work of the applicant to work in the same browser, and the answer varies.
Security is testing. The process of information systems data protection and care work aims request.
Smoke testing is the initial test, additional disclosure should be sufficiently robust, easy mistake to reject the software in the future, if the smoke is metaphorical.
In reliability testing, approach with consumer technologies and services that could measure the reliability. Differ significantly from the notion of trust. Only one bad experience, customers perceive an inflated image of unreliability of the product.
Do a test to join the standard QA test the software industry focused on things. Customers are required to successfully install and set up new software. Testing the process can be. Elbow, partial or complete renewal of the install / uninstall process.
Testing, maintenance is. Experiment result of equipment problems and to identify problems or diagnostic equipment has confirmed that measures to effectively improve.
Recovery is from. Activity testing methods failed to recover from errors. Hardware and other similar problems.
GUI testing is the process of software testing products use interface. It is written in the graphics requirements of a variety of test cases used.
The method was tested the product to users. It can be seen that. Used in practice can not be replaced because they provide direct input on how to use. Real users.
Test Case Concepts
Testing of software or hardware testing process is completed the system integration for evaluation. System performance requirements Concept Test.
Is the test only. Testing process is a formal recommendation to the test. It must be available
to repeat, under the same conditions, and easy to update with comments unlike the existing test cases. As the years, said working properly and to identify a specific location must be known to work correctly.
Some of the tests than the other simple examples, you must confirm this in the work of each link on your site. There are several ways to check this
- You can link to read the code of your HTML code correctly.
- You can use the HTML DTD syntax, that all of your HTML syntax is correct, which means that the link to your right
- You can use the browser (or even multiple browsers) to check each link manually.
- You may use the program. Check links automatically check every link.
- You can use the maintenance program. Treatment Schedule to show the links pages are included. Good and bad links.
- You can use any method. These test conditions, failures or inconsistencies in the test itself.
User involvement and relationship play an important role when designing a perfect website. Understand the company's wishes, maintaining regular contact with the company and balancing their potentially conflicting interests. With the help of a communication between our company and the tour company, we can clarify feature requests when needed and understand some of our technical concerns...
Here's how and when we do it
- pecifying functional tests for tourism stages, and verifying that these tests run correctly.
- Participating in the planning of iterations and releases.
- Maintaining good contact with management, explaining progress, and justifying the time spent with our company.
- In order not to depend on a single person too much, create a customer team
- Explicitly introduce a customer training, so that the on-site customer knows better what to do and what techniques to use.
- If there are many different customer categories, consider performing a classical stake holder analysis. Construct a customer team in which it is clear by whom each stake holder is represented.
- Find a way to teach the customer the costs of incoherence.
- Explicitly introduce a training concerning customer involvement, both for the customers and the developers.
- Having two persons represent the customer increases the customer's accessibility to the development team.
- The package “domain expert + XP development team” can be sold more easily;
- Selling pure XP is like trying to sell “individual travel” to “package tourists”.
- Knowledge of the domain in order to identify solution opportunities (buy versus build, validation of operational requirements)
- Mutual understanding of schedule constraints in order to deal with system requirements as well as a 40 hour week (in this project, there was a 24 hour week for some staff).
- Clear feature prioritization, in order to have a (useful) system up and running in a 24 7 service from day one onwards.
- The form of the product management team and at least two people to perform the following functions: marketing, project management, technical and product management. Technical product manager for Windows XP would be the main customer.
- Start an analyzing team, adding all questions and answers and the outcome management group, to be responsible for noting, checking, and generating the outcome needs in requirement tests.
- Take around 40 developers and the some customers to different premises.
- Split the developers into groups.
- The customers must be always made ready to able to tell their needs.
- Build many teams and let them compete to achieve a presentation within three days to build up a effective web page design.
- The customers must be always ready and available to answer and provide solutions if the developers or programmers find any difficulties in the system.
- It makes a difference to have a customer on site with the development team. Don't compensate for not having one - try harder to get one.
- The XP on-site customer is not a single person: it is a role best played by a team of people representing the various system stake holders.
- The QA team is quintessential in supporting the customers in defining acceptance tests for the user stories.
- Customers are responsible for asking for the right system to be built. They need to be helped in every possible way with this hard task. One simple technique for helping the customer to see his long term goals is to add the phrase “so that ...” to every user story.
- Explicit customer training is needed to help customers take maximal advantage of the short iterations, rapid feedback, and commitment to estimate of XP.
- An actual product is built and deployed in production.
- The developers and the customers really get to know each other in three successive 14 hour days. The atmosphere is competitive and full of excitement.
- Customers get an appreciation of how hard development is, and how will the web developers and programmers can gain profit whenever they are available to be asked the demanded questions.