This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
The art of tiling the surroundings of the pool
There are several companies involved in the flooring of the pool with appropriate Tiles. These companies help in improving the client environment and finish the tiling work precisely and with a lot of care. The specialist companies are mostly involved in probing the advantages of each and every stone used for the tiling work. The companies will be committed enough to look for a material that is enduring and beautiful to be used for pool flooring. Many of the specialists have their websites that act as a resource for the pool flooring project.
Various products used in paving
Any property that includes a pool will have the pool as a specific feature. The swimming pool acts as a refreshing element for a person coming home after a hectic work schedule and after spending in hot and humid days or nights. When you are in need of using your pool immediately, you will check that it functions properly. If you want to enhance the functionality of the pool, beauty and safety of the pool, pool paving can be done using pool pavers of your choice. The materials that can be used for flooring the pool come in numerous designs, themes and patterns. Several materials that can be chosen for pool flooring are concrete, brick, natural stones, and rubber. The natural stones include limestone, granite, sandstone, granite, marble, bluestone and travertine. The various patterns used for creating the floor surrounding the pool are running bond, parquet, custom patterns, herringbone, zigzag and other customized patterns. The various colors used for pool creation are golden copper, apricot, sandstone, rust, caramel, tan, and apricot. The different shapes of the tiles used for flooring purpose are square, oblong, rectangle, hexagon, pentagon, oval, octagon, diamond, etc. Some specialists are talented enough to mix two shapes of the pool Tiles that fit the pool area to create interesting patterns.
Applications of the material used for pool designing
The paving materials offer a lot of benefits to the property owners which they enjoy for several decades. The situations in which the materials for paving are used include
- Pool decks: Choosing rubber or brick or flagstone or sandstone for creating a slip resistant floor surrounding the swimming pool will avoid slip and fall accidents.
- Paths leading to pools: The region surrounding the pool and nearer to the pool has to be decorative, amazing and safe. There are many pavers that can be proved beneficial for creating the pools and their surroundings.
- There will be chairs and lounges near the pool area for resting. Sitting walls can also provide a resting space for those paddling in the pool for many hours.
- The steps leading to the pool have to be constructed with rich esthetic sense and extreme safety.
How to manage the rainwater that lands on the pavement?
It is very necessary to construct vehicle parking with the properties. In the case of heavy rainfall for a long time, the overflow of the drainage system and intensive flooding of it can be disastrous. So, it has become very important according to the legislation that the driveways have to be constructed with balanced and defensible designs. The paving of the driveways has to be in an ordered fashion.
Materials and techniques used for an effective pavement
The pavements provide permeability to the flooding storm water. The pavements also have to reduce the runoff and trap the solids effectively and filter the pollutants of the water. The places where the pavements have to be constructed with permeability include the paths, roads, parking lots with slight ventricular traffic, emergency access lanes, driveways, and sidewalks. The material used for making the pavement can be porous and non-porous. They do not appear different from each other, although their environmental effect is qualitatively different. The pervious materials used for the pavement construction are pervious concrete, porous asphalt, paving stones and concrete or plastic based pavers. The pervious material makes the storm water to percolate and permeate the surfaces and is not pervious to the underlying soil. The main purpose of the permeable paving is to develop control over the flooding of the storm water. Permeability also filters the pollutants from the water and improves its quality.
Benefits and drawbacks of porous paving
- Permeability in the construction of pavement is helpful in managing the runoff water. The intensive urban runoff will result in severe erosion and siltation in the water bodies existing on the surface.
- Permeability in the pavement stores the pollutants inside the soil and allows the water to seep into the ground water. This type of paving prevents the stream erosion problems.
- The rooting area for the trees is enhanced by the permeability in the pavement, and the trees are grown to their entire size.
- To manage the runoff volumes being protected by the permeability pavement, the depth of the crushed rock base has to be increased to infiltrate the excess water. To manage large runoff volumes the soil infiltration rate has to be understood, and the pavement has to be built according to the depth of the rock base and water volume.
In some of the places like fueling stations, public work yards, commercial nurseries, recycling facilities, vehicle service and maintenance areas, land areas get polluted. The runoff created by these land areas is also polluted. Porous pavement can contaminate the groundwater. The permeability in the pavement may not be much useful when the surrounding land or pavement drain is more than 20 percent slope.
Relevance of concrete in the pavement construction
The concrete and its relevance have become so high in the commercial projects as well as in residential constructions. They act as interlocking material to form a pattern on the surface. The pavement concrete is manufactured with different textures and attractive colors. Concrete can be replaced and repaired in the future by removing the old one.
Details of the concrete pavement material
The interlocking concrete used for constructing the pavement is a type of paver material. It is also called as a segmental paver. These pavers are very popular in United States in the past twenty years as an alternative to the brick or clay. These pavers were used by Romans to build roads. From the middle of 1940s, concrete was used in the construction of the pavement. Flooring with concrete would offer a style and comfort to the living areas. Concrete pavers are more affordable than stones and colorful than the bricks and asphalts. Concrete material as a paver is considered as easier to be handled in DIY fixing and installation.
Categories of concrete pavement material
The two categories of concrete pavement material are interlocking and architectural slab. The Dutch did the introduction of interlocking pavers during the Second World War. The Dutch could not have a sufficient supply of bricks as pavement material, and they had to choose concrete in place of them. Several blocks were used to lay roads in Europe, and many original blocks are still undestroyed and intact, even after 50 years. But, interlocking pavers were not liked by the consumers at large as they did not have a natural look. They use to appear as frozen oatmeal texture with a plain shape. Architectural slabs used as pavers were able to provide an esthetic look. But, these cannot handle freeze-thawing, and they resemble the brick or natural stone. The construction with architectural slabs has fewer charges than laying interlocking pavers.
- Concrete paving material consists of gravel, water, sand and Portland cement.
- The consistency and sturdiness of the concrete material depend on its manufacture.
- The interlocking pavers can help in creating joints that are uniform, and they are made using strong concrete mix.
- The interlocking pavers are strong and are suitable for many of the locations including the driveways.
- Architectural slabs do not have edge spacers. These slabs are thin and are not beneficial for constructing driveways.
- Architectural slabs are molded using wet concrete to mimic the stone or brick.
Interlocking pavers are known for their structural integrity, and they offer a lifetime warranty. Some of the architectural slabs also have warranties. These concrete made pavement structures are usually suitable to be used for footpaths and patios. Interlocking pavers especially function on the driveways. If the area encounters with rain runoff problems, then permeable pavers are preferred over the normal ones.