This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
Primary Healthcare delivers quality healthcare through innovative services. Using secure, web-based technologies provided by Medical Web, our physicians provide advice and treatment for a variety of healthcare conditions.
Primary Healthcare is committed to helping patients take control of their health. This system is virtual, but our physicians and their dedication is real.
In this system users can able to see the rooms available, Ambulance availability of a particular Hospital. Patients can able to book rooms or make a request for an Ambulance of a particular Hospital to Kiosk Manager.
Using secure, web-based technologies provided by Medical Web, our health-care providers offer advice and treatment for a variety of conditions. Patients can communicate securely and confidentially with our physicians throughout the treatment process using our messaging system. As a physician-owned company, we are committed to helping our patients receive the utmost care and medical attention.
All of our services are provided through the Internet in a secure and confidential manner. A secure communication portal is established between the patient and a Primary Healthcare provider to allow one-on-one interaction. Physicians can discuss treatment options with patients and patients can respond. By building a trusting relationship, Primary Healthcare can effectively provide a direct benefit to each and every patient.
Users profile management and registrations
Patients to make online appointment, look their previous health records, doctor's prescriptions, lab reports.
Patients can able to book rooms or make request for an Ambulance of a particular Hospital to Kiosk Manager.
Doctor's to give appointments, e-prescriptions, view patient's history.
Kiosk Manager to see/adjust appointments
In case of any medical error (wrong medication or lab report) patient can register a complaint. Patient's grievance and feedback goes to Admin he can forward it to the doctor to answer.
Facilitate appropriate communication between all stakeholders - Discussion forum/chat/mail/polls
Admin to take backup of all kind of data, view log and generate system reports.
General Users can able to see the rooms available, Ambulance availability of a particular Hospital.
Out of Scope
The Admin payment to Kiosk Manager is out of scope.
Problems in the Existing Domain:
The existing system is manual. In this system there is no online appointment facility. If the patient wants to take an appointment it is very time taking process.In this system if patient wants to know ambulance availability of a particular hospital, he/she has to call to that hospital. some times the call may not connect.
In this system if patient has any queries he has to call or directly meet the doctor. There is no email or chat facility between doctors and patients.In this system there is no report generation. In this system data is stored in the form of excel workbooks.So there is less security for the data.There is no room booking facility in this system.
Solution for the Problem Domain:
In this system online appointment facility is provided.If the patient wants to take an appointment of a particular doctor, he can view the doctors avaialble timings then he can proceed. All the information is stored in the centralized data base.In this system patient can make a request for an ambulance of a particula hospital.
This system provides room booking facility for patients. This system providing facilities for secure registration and profile management for Patients, doctors and Kiosk Managers .Patient can view the doctors available timigs, based on this he/she can make a request for an appointment This system provided email / chat communication between doctors and patients.Report generation features is provided to generate different kind of data reports.
A) Patients history, lab reports and prescriptions
B) Doctors list
C) Daily & Monthly Reports, Appointment list of Patients for Kiosk Managers
Administrator is treated as a super user in this system. He can have all the privileges to do anything in this system. He is the person who received the Profile of a Doctor and accept/reject the registration.
He is the person who receives the Complaints from the Patient and redirects to respective Doctor for response.
He has a facility to communicate using chat, email facility with other stakeholders.
He can take care of Backup of Patient, Doctor details and maintain history.
He can able to add Rooms availability and Ambulance details into the site for each Hospital.
Authentication is nothing but providing security to the system. Here every must enter into the system throw login page. The login page will restrict the UN authorized users. A user must provide his credential like user Id and password for log into the system. For that the system maintains data for all users. Whenever a user enters his user id and password, it checks in the database for user existence. If the user is exists he can be treated as a valid user. Otherwise the request will throw back.
This system provides search facility to the patients. Patient can search for Doctors and their available timings for take appointments
1. General Public (i.e. Guest visitors) are able to access the site Home page, Registration Page, etc. common pages of the site.
2. This user can able to see the Doctors Schedules, Contact details, Specialization details, etc.
3. They are able to Search for a Doctor.
4. They are able to see the Rooms available, Ambulance availability of a particular Hospital.
1. They have a facility to register to the site with their Personal data along with Health details Height, Weight, Family inherited Diseases, Blood Group, etc.
2. Being a Patient (after registration) should able to take an Appointment of a Doctor visit.
3. They have a facility to give Complaints about Kiosk Manager or Doctor Service.
4. They are able to Search for a Doctor and can see the Doctor's Profile for an appointment.
5. They are able to book Rooms or make request for an Ambulance to Kiosk Manager
1. He is able to provide an Appointment of a Doctor to a Patient on request (based on Doctor's available timings).
2. They is able to see the Complaints given by the Patient and must provide the Response for that.
3. He has a facility to communicate using chat, email facility with other stakeholders.
4. They have a Search facility to find a Patient or Doctor and can check their Profile or History details.
5. He can receive the Rooms Booking or request for an Ambulance of a particular Hospital and make arrangement/approve the same for a Patient.
1. He is able to see a Patient's appointment details on a particular date.
2. Also if the Patient is already visited, able to see the previous Prescription given the Patient, Disease History, Visiting details, etc.
3.They are able to see the Feedback given by the Patient.
4.They are able to see the Complaints given by the Patient and must provide the Response for that.
5.They have a facility to communicate using chat, email facility with other stakeholders.
The system has a process of registration. Every User need to submit his complete details in the form of registration. Whenever a User registration completed automatically he/she can get a user id and password. By using that user id and password he/she can log into the system.
Different kind of reports is generated by the system.
Patients History and prescriptions
Daily & Monthly Reports, Appointment list of Patients for Kiosk Managers
Operating System: Widows XP Service pack II or later
Data Base: Microsoft SQL Server -2005
Web Server: IIS (Internet Information Services)
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Asp. Net with C#.Net
Client Application: Internet Explorer 6.0 above
IDE & Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio-2008
Processor: Intel Pentium or More
RAM: 512 MB Ram
Hard Disk: 20GB