This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
This chapter gives brief introduction for E-Passenger Identification Card System.
The project E-Passenger Identification Card System project is the real time application that provides the online facilities to the Helpful activity i.e. booking seat, maintaining list of family members details with specified proofs, they can update details family members details etc. And it provides complete family information to the railway department. Registered Passenger can add family members one by one. It provides accurate information to the railway department. This is modernization & globalization the electronic dependency and utilization has been emerging as one of the driving force towards economic growth and development. This paper highlights the importance of IT in implementation of SMART Government office.
It’s difficult to railway department/police department to find out dead bodies after important accidents, and difficulty in identification of helpful activity information at transportation level. And also there is no security to the normal helpful activity. Some helpful activity may be stay in hours together in railway station and some may be wantedly stay to do some misbehave like chain snatching, pick pocket etc. There is no verification/identification process before allowing helpful activity into railway station, anyone can come and buy platform ticket and can freely roam railway station it leads create a problems.
When people need any train tickets from railway department they can book seats by using this web site. To get the service at the right time is difficult as the trains may be available or not. People need to spend their valuable time for this purpose.
To overcome this problem we are providing a website called E-Passenger Identification Card System. E-Passenger Identification Card System project will help to maintain information about citizens and provide some basic level railway services to citizens. Citizens can request for E-PID (E-Passenger ID). E-PICS System website promotes the efficiency, reduces times delays, enforces accountability and brings transparency in the working of the railway system.
There are some drawbacks in the railway department web application. Anyone can book ticket and any one can travel with specific Voter ID. Voter ID does not contain exact address. And voter ID is not updatable up to some specific time. Voter ID is useful for specific period of time i.e. at the election time. So if we develop a web application to provide detailed information to the passenger’s information. This project provides a one Unique ID to one family.
We decided to propose an Online system to maintain Helpful activity information provide to Railway Department Incorporate to minimize the problem they encountered which is the inaccurate in identifying dead bodies after important train accidents.If we succeed to maintain passenger’s information according to the family members then we can identify helpful activity information on the spot.
The admin will verifies the user applications, if verification is satisfies the conditions then admin will issue ID to user. After getting Passenger ID ,passenger can login to E-PIC website with respective password and User can add family members with detailed information. E-Passenger Identification card system maintains helpful activity information. This System provides a registration form for all who wants to get the services. E-PIC is a User friendly website we can apply for a E-Passenger Identification card.
The main aim of the project is to provide security to the helpful activity at the level of booking stage. Railway department sometimes fails to restrict terrorism at railway station that reflects into a important bomb blasts. This project is to provide security to the helpful activity as well as railway department. It reduces the work of identification process at journey time.
The literature review will be judged in the context of your completed research. This project is completely provided to the railway department to maintain passenger’s information according to the family. Each and every family gets unique id. By using that id helpful activity can book tickets. There is no physical card will be provide to the helpful activity. Physical cards periodically updatable, it leads to increase cost of the project. So this project eliminates the Card system instead of the it provides Electronic card. Every passenger can apply new ID and every ID holders can view their E-Passenger Identification Card.
There is no security system in railway station, if person having ticket/platform ticket means enough to the particular verification officer or railway police. Some times normal person can visit railway station without ticket and terrorist can visit railway station with platform/journey ticket.
Execution is accuratelyregulated in terms of the result provided by the system application. Requirement aspect plays an great significance part in the apresentation of a system. When requirement aspect are properly given, it is that may or can be to design a system, which will properly qualified into required environment. The aspects have to be known during the initial stages so that the system can be designed according to aspects. After design it is very hard to change the system once it has been made and designing a system, which does not desired to the aspects of the user, is of no consume in use.
- The requirement for any system can be greatextent stated as given below:
- The software system should be able to interaction with the existing system
- The software system should be free from error or defect.
- The software system should be more virtuous than the existing software system. The existing software system is completely relying on the user to perform all the tasks.
- Idea behind this project came from real time problems that railway department /police face when they are unable to identify dead bodies after important train accidents.
- In Order to be able to define our system architecture, we must first dearly state what our objective that will deliver system behavior at the same one of our objective is to create an experience, which is not only unique to the (user) client, but also makes him feel that he has loyal attachment to the system and approaches us whenever he/she requirements.
- Each and every family gets unique identification number. By using this we can easily trace family details.
- Railway department gets free from error or defect information about the passenger family.
Actually there is no security to the helpful activity normal helpful activity. Railway department provides high security but it fails some times to restrict train bomb blasts, and also after important bomb blast failing to deliver the dead bodies to the specific passenger address.
India population is more, we can’t identify person individually. Without ticket railway department will not allow into the railway station. But sometimes terrorists travel with reserved tickets. Some times normal guest person visit railway station without platform ticket then the particular Railway employee/police identifies and makes a complaint note on the guest person and takes penalty/fine from the guest person. Some persons fail to purchase the platform ticket due to train arrival/departure time. So if we implement E-platform ticket/E-Ticket any one can book tickets before coming to station
SYSTEM ANALYSIS & REQUIREMENT SPECIFICATION
2.1 EXISTING SYSTEM:
Identifying the helpful activity at railway station is the hard task to the railway department. And identifying the dead bodies after any important accidents. They requirement to confirm the death person list after the medical test like DNA test etc. So the death passenger family requirements to wait few days to know the information of the death of their family members. Many dead bodies is funeral done without their family members due to the address of death passenger.
Some times normal guest person visit railway station without platform ticket then the particular Railway employee/police identifies and makes a complaint note on the guest person and takes penalty/fine from the guest person. Some persons fail to purchase the platform ticket due to train arrival/departure time. So if we implement E-platform ticket/E-Ticket any one can book tickets before coming to station.
India population is more, we can’t identify person individually. Without ticket railway department will not allow into the railway station. But sometimes terrorists travel with reserved tickets. There is no security system in railway station,if person having ticket/platform ticket means enough to the particular verification officer or railway police. Some times normal person can visit railway station without ticket and terrorist can visit railway station with platform/journey ticket.
Some helpful activity travel without tickets, voter id proof. Sometimes ticket collector put a fine on the passenger/without case he collect money from the passenger.
3.2 PROPOSED SYSTEM:
To overcome the problems of existing system we have designed the website named “E-Passenger Identification Card System” especially for the people who like to save their time and energy by avoid the visiting of railway station counters and also to the railway department to save indemnification of the passenger.
E-Passenger Identification Card System play the important role in upcoming days. Since, in each and every state people are using the latest technology, so this website might play a important role in getting the E-Passenger Identification Card in easy manner without any risks of visiting the offices regularly.
Railway department can provide safety to the helpful activity. We can’t say that railway department fails to provide safety transportation to the helpful activity. Sometimes happens important accidents like AC coach fire crash, two trains on the same track etc.
This project is purely to maintain passenger’s family information and provide all the details the railway department authority to provide safety transportation to the helpful activity. Every family contains unique identification number. after implementing of this project we can identify dead bodies by passenger/train schedule list.
Passenger can book tickets and also book platform ticket before entering into the station. There is no hardcopy of the Journey ticket/Platform ticket to save paper. Implementation of this projects eliminates paper work and provides electronic form of ID CARD. This electronic card contains family member’s information along with passport size picture of the respected family member. This project generates E-Tickets and E-Platform Tickets to reduce paper work and printing work and also reduces the cost/expenses.
To Obtain E-PID user requirements to upload scanned electricity bill, scanned gas book, scanned bank passbook and recent passport size photo.
After getting E-PID user can login and add family members one by one. To add a family member requirement to upload scanned bank passbook and recent passport size photo. If he fails to upload specified documents then admin will be deletes the particular wrong family member information. If all the details will be satisfied then admin will verify and accepts the family member request and continues in the E-PID.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM
- Applicant can apply for the E-PICS application directly from anywhere at any time without any personal appearance.
- By using this website, the applicant can know their application status with unique application PID.
- E-Passenger Identification Card website reduces the workload for both officers and applicants and reduces the time delays.
- The officer can verify the application at any time /from .
- Using this website, the applicant cannot cheat the officers by submitting fake proofs.
- If user submits fake proofs then the admin will rejected those applications.
- Website is a User Friendly which can be easily understandable by applicants.
3.3 MODULE DESCRIPTION:
This project deals with mainly two modules:
Admin is the key person to the project. He can accept/reject the user request. Admin verifies all the helpful activity’ requests and assigns E-PID. After assignment the user can login and add family members.
Admin verifies family members also according to the E-PID. If the family member contains invalid details then admin can delete family members without permission of the family members.
Admin is created by the database administrator due to the security problem there is no application page to the admin. Admin can update passenger family member information.
Admin provides a unique identification number to the individual family.one unique number to one family. By using this unique identification number they can book tickets to their family members only ,it will not allow you to book tickets for other family members by using unique identification number.
Admin manages all specified verification process with respective options and graphical user interface. Admin can easily visit home page and easily can use all the options provided by the developers. Admin can’t delete can family members without a specific valid reason. Admin have some rules and regulations that are available default in the project.
The important inputs and outputs and important functions of the admin are follows:
- Administrator types his user id and security password in the login form to authenticate in this system and continue to use the system services.
- Administrator adds helpful activity details to the system.
- Administrator can update the various helpful activity details in this website by user request.
- Admin will receive notifications from Passengers about different services.
- Admin will update the passenger’s mails.
- Registered passengers requirement to submit their log in information for change their password.
- For searching a passenger admin need to know the ID for that passenger.
- For sending mails for a Helpful activity, the passengers must login to the site.
- For display Helpful activity details passengers requirement to choose Service type.
- Admin can have his own home page and admin can also visit user home page. Passengers also can have their own home page after completion of the authentication process.
- Admin get all Client request Information details.
- The registered passengers and family members data can be maintained in centralized database through the system user registration application/interface.
- Various types of information can be displayed to the admin menu like powers of admin or services which can done by admin , on the system admin interface.
- Profile can be update by the admin.
- Admin can have his own and can login via admin home page. Passengers also can have their own home page after completion of the authentication process.
- Admin get all passengers registration Information details.
- The registered user’s data can be maintained/stored in centralized database through the system user interface/application.
- Various types of information can be displayed to the users like helpful activity’s, newly launched Services Details, train ticket price details on the system user interface.
- After successful submission of log in information passengers can got their passenger identification unique number.
- Profile can be update by the passenger individually.
- User can apply for the E-Passenger Identification Card System User requirements some upload some documents to get ID.
- User should contain all the valid documents which are mandatory to upload at registration time.
- User requirements to contain a bank account in any bank.
- User must contain gas connection.
- Documents should be valid and original.
- User can login with RR number (electricity bill number) and Passenger Unique ID.
- User contains rich user interface.
- User can add family members, book tickets.
The important inputs and outputs and important functions of the user are follows:
- User can visit home page and if the user is new to the system then can go to apply page, otherwise he can visit login page.
- At the time of registration user should upload scanned electricity bill, scanned bank passbook, scanned gas book and also recent passport size photo. The bank passbook name and provided registration user name should be same.
- After successful registration user will get E-PID (unique Identification number).
- User enters his user unique id and password for login to authenticate in this system.
- User adds family member details to the system. User can upload family member scanned bank passbook and passport size scanned photo to the system.
- User can book tickets to the entire or specific family members.
- User can send update request to the admin.
- User can send delete family member request to the admin with valid reason
- User can have his own home page. User gets all the Information details provide at registration time.
- The registered passenger’s data can be saved in centralized database through the system user interface.
- Profile can be viewed by the user. The profile displays the entire family member’s details with specific E-PID.
- Various types of information can be displayed to the users like profile, book ticket, view booked tickets etc.
- Profile can be update by individually.
3.4 Requirements Specification:
3.4.1 Hardware Requirement:
- Minimum 1.1 GHz PROCESSOR should be on the computer.
- 1GB RAM.
3.4.2 Software Requirement:
- Operating system : - Windows (all versions).
- Language: - C#.
- Front End : - asp.net.
- Tool : - Microsoft Visual studio 2010.
- Back End:- Oracle 10g