This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.INTRODUCTION:
CMMI USAGE AND FUNCTIONALITY:-
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process improvement approach that provides organizations with the essential elements of effective processes that ultimately improve their performance. CMMI can be used to guide process improvement across a project, a division, or an entire organization CMMI in + and organizational development is a trademarked process improvement approach that provides organizations with the essential elements for effective process improvement. It can be used guide process improvement across a project, a division, or an entire organization
- CMMI according to the SEI (2008), helps "integrate traditionally separate organizational functions, set process improvement goals and priorities, provide guidance for quality processes, and provide a point of reference for appraising current processes."
- CMMI was developed by the CMMI project, which aimed to improve the usability of maturity models by integrating many different models into one framework. The project consisted of members of industry, government and the Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute (SEI). The main sponsors included the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and the National Defense Industrial Association
- CMMI is the successor of the capability maturity model (CMM) or software CMM. The CMM was developed from 1987 until 1997. In 2002, CMMI Version 1.1 was released. Version 1.2 followed in August 2006.
- Deals with the protection of person or system against external hazarads
- focuses on risks emerging from the functions of a device /system
- It does not focus on risks like fire or environmental pollution
- Functional safety is the part of the overall safety of a system or piece of equipment that depends on the system or equipment operating correctly in response to its inputs, including the safe management of likely operator errors, hardware failures and environmental changes
Â· Organization Process Definition supports the management of processes -
Â· It establishes and maintains the descriptions of the lifecycle models that are approved for the use in the organization.
Â· It establishes and maintains tailoring criteria and guidelines for the organization's set of standard processes.
- Safety Culture
- Quality Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Training and Qualification
- Processes for risk analysis design,development, verification and validation
- Methods and techniques to be applied depending on the SIL level (eg, walkthroughs, inspections, diverse programming, error detecting codes, black box testing, error seeding)
- Functional safety assessment (providing evidence)
- Functional safety address more the engineering however ,an active and alive CMMI culture strongly facilitate implementation of such standard evn outside engineering
- http ://www.google.com