This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
Before we have the ATM, which named automatic teller machine, we have to go to the bank if we want to get some money. However, the bank has its own business hours. We can't withdraw our money at anytime. Fortunately, with the development in science and technology, IT technologies do bring us a big convenience in our daily life.
An automatic teller machine (ATM)is a computerized telecommunications device that provides the clients of a financial institution with access to financial transactions in a public space without the need for a human clerk or bank teller.
An ATM is typically made up of the following devices: [i]
- CPU (to control the user interface and transaction devices)
- Magnetic and/or Chip card reader (to identify the customer)
- PIN Pad (similar in layout to a Touch tone or Calculator keypad), often manufactured as part of a secure enclosure.
- Secure crypto processor, generally within a secure enclosure.
- Display (used by the customer for performing the transaction)
- Function key buttons (usually close to the display) or a Touch screen (used to select the various aspects of the transaction)
- Record Printer (to provide the customer with a record of their transaction)
- Vault (to store the parts of the machinery requiring restricted access)
- Housing (for aesthetics and to attach signage to)
Recently, due to heavier computing demands and the falling price of computer-like architectures, ATMs have moved away from custom hardware architectures using microcontrollers and/or application-specific integrated circuits to adopting a hardware architecture that is very similar to a personal computer. Many ATMs are now able to use operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and Linux. Although it is undoubtedly cheaper to use commercial off-the-shelf hardware, it does make ATMs vulnerable to the same sort of problems exhibited by conventional computers.
1. ARCADE GAME[ii]
An arcade game is a coin-operated entertainment machine, typically installed in businesses such as restaurants, public houses, video arcades, and Family Entertainment Centers. Most arcade games are redemption games, merchandisers (such as Claw crane), video games or pinball machines.
The PlayStation Portable (officially abbreviated PSP)is a handheld game console manufactured and marketed by Sony Computer Entertainment.
The following Technical Specifications apply to all PSP's unless noted for a specific PSP series:[iii]
The main CPU, PSP Media Engine and the NAND flash for the System Software (TA-079).
The Wi-Fi Module with the Serial and Headphone Jack (TA-079).
- MIPS R4000 32-bit core - 1-333 MHz at 1.2 V
- 128bit Bus at 2.6 GBit/s
- Main Memory: 8 MB eDRAM
- I-Cache and D-Cache
- FPU, VFPU (Vector Unit) at 2.6 GFlops
- 3D-CG Extended Instructions set
THERE ARE STILL MANY KINDS OF PLAYSTATIONS, SUCH AS:
These play stations based on different IT technologies, it plays an important role in our daily lefties.
[ii] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/arcade game