1. "Informal organization is more powerful than formal organization". Comment on this statement 2. How would you employ the basic functions of management (planning, organizing, directing and controlling) while executing the following events?
Fashion week India
Convocation ceremony of your college
National quiz competition
International visit to Madame Toussad's
Visit to a corporate office
College presidential elections
3 Prepare a Write-up on the Contemporary practices derived from various Theories of management
4. Device a hypothetical plan for a retail store outlet or an educational institution using all the steps involved in the process of planning.
PAPER II - MARKETING FRAMEWORK
1. Take the example of any two wheeler of your choice which you wish to buy, discuss the various stages involved in the buyer decision process.
(a) Do you think that a firm should invest in conducting Marketing Research for their products and services? Give reasons to support your answer.
Get your grade
or your money back
using our Essay Writing Service!
(b). Explain the Role of Personal selling in Marketing.
3. How can a company create a competitive advantage through distribution? Does the significance of distribution vary across industries?
4. What is the channel requirement for Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)? How does it differ from the channel length?
PAPER III - LEADERSHIP IN ORGANIZATION
Consider any managerial leader e.g Ratan Tata (TATA Group), Dhirubai
Ambani (Reliance Industries) or Sunil Mittal (Bharti group). Outline why this person fits in the criteria for leadership, describe his or her personal attributes, leadership style (or styles), key accomplishments and the impact of this leader's actions on others.
(a) Why is Research essential in studying the Organizational Behavior for a Manager?
(b). Discuss the importance of Micro to Macro issues Research for a manager with appropriate examples.
3. What is the relation between INTRINSIC and EXTRINSIC MOTIVATION
forms? Which one of them is more contextual? How are these two concepts different from 'INTERESTS?'
4. Discuss the personality traits of the following leaders: Napoleon I, Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.
PAPER IV - HRM CHALLENGES AND DIRECTIONS
(a) You are the HR Manager of a BPO which is looking for fresh graduates for their tele-calling business.
What would be the various sources of recruitment you will look for?
What would be the steps involved in selecting these graduates.
What qualities/skills are needed to be checked while selecting the candidates?
(b). Distinguish between the Recruitment and Selection Process.
A company is being set up by a group of 3 professionals. The business objective is to sell laptops of a Chinese company which has come up with an inexpensive range of laptops ranging from Rs.18,000 to Rs.40,000. They need to submit a human resource plan to their investors.
Lay down the steps of Human Resource Planning Process for this company.
3. Choose a recruitment ad from a classified news paper (E.g Times Ascent, HT Careers etc) which interests you. Using your knowledge of recruitment, analyze the ad and bring out the positives and negatives. Suggest areas of improvement for the ad.
4. Elaborate on methods of job analysis used in the organizations currently.
PAPER V - ACCOUNTING APPROACH
1. The following is Trial Balance of Mrs. S Kapur on 31st Dec. 2008
Cash in Hand
Cash in Bank
Sales A/C (Cr)
Carriage on Sales
Fuel and Power
Carriage on Purchase
Taking into account the following adjustments, prepare Trading and P/L Account and Balance Sheet.
Stock in hand on 31st December is Rs. 13,600.
Machinery is to be depreciated at the rate of 10% and patents at the rate 20%.
Salaries due for the month of Dec. 2008 amounting Rs. 3000 were unpaid.
Always on Time
Marked to Standard
Insurance include a premium of Rs. 170 for 2009.
Wage include a sum of Rs. 4000 spent on the erection of a scooter shed for employees and customers.
A provision for bad and doubtful debts is to be created to the extent of 5% on Sundry Debtors.
Discuss the different types of cash book and their advantages.
Elaborate the concept of errors and the various types of errors and their rectification.
2. Illustrate with example on the users of the accounting information for the following: -
Suppliers and Trade Creditors.
Government and regulatory agencies.
(a) "Trial Balance is not conclusive evidence as to the absolute accuracy of accounts". Discuss.
(b) Following is the Trial Balance as on 31st March 2010, prepared by Dorabjee Bros., Delhi. However, as the trial balance is not tallied, you are required to prepare the trial balance accurately.
Trial Balance as on 31st March, 2010
Head of Accounts
Plant and Machinery A/c
Discount Received A/c
Discount Allowed A/c
Purchase Returns A/c
Sales Returns A/c
Carriage Inward A/c
Carriage Outwards A/c
Loan to B
Printing and Stationery A/c
Cash in hand A/c
Cash at Bank A/c
Bank Overdraft A/c
D's Capital A/c
Land & Building A/c
4. With the help of following information prepare Trading account, P&L accounts & Balance Sheet.
a) Closing Stock: 40000.
b) Charge Depreciation on furniture @ 10%.
c) The firm makes provision for doubtful debts @ 5% on sundry debtors.
PAPER VI - TELECOMMUNICATION POLICY
Discuss about the various employment opportunities in telecommunication & services sector.
Make a performance report on Bharti Airtel operations in the oversea market.
Discuss status of '2G' and '3G' spectrum service in India.
Highlight the key features of Broadband Policy 2004.
PAPER VII - ENTREPRENEURSHIP
1. What are the Challenges faced by the small scale entrepreneurs in successfully carrying out their ventures? Classify the types of entrepreneurs.
(a) Explain the evolution, features, and other salient aspects of EDP i.e. entrepreneurial development programmes with special focus on various types and phases of EDP.
(b). Analyze the role of Industrial Finance Corporation of India( IFCI), National Small Scale Industrial Development Corporation (NSSIDC) and National Institute of Small Industry Extension Training (NISIET) in promoting EDP's.
3. Study and prepare a report on the growth of the following entrepreneurs keeping into focus their entrepreneurial capabilities and the way they upsurge their ventures:
Karsan bhai patel- Nirma
Capt. G. R. Gopinath - Air Deccan
Deep Kalra- Founder & CEO, makemytrip.com
Murugavel JanakiramanÂ - Bharat matrimony
(a) Explain in detail the contribution of the SMEs in the socio-economic transformation and balanced regional development
(b). Explain the manner in which the following organizations are nurturing entrepreneurship in India
PAPER VIII - OPERATIONS RESEARCH
(a) Briefly mention the History of Operations Research and its Relevance in today's context.
(b) Maximize (Z) = 600X1 + 500 X2
Subject to Following Conditions:-
10 X1+ 20 X2 â‰¤ 400.
30X1+ 20 X2 â‰¤ 600.
X1, X2 â‰¥ 0.
X1, X2 must be integers.
(a) Mention the concept of Matrices Explain the Input-Output Analysis.
(b) Solve the following system of equations using matrices.
-3x + y = 1
6x - 3y = -4
3. Consider the following data for the activities of a project:
This Essay is
a Student's Work
This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.Examples of our work
Draw the network and find the critical path and various floats.
4. A company has two grades of inspectors 1&2, who are to be assigned for a quality control inspection. It is necessary that at least 4000 pieces be inspected per 8 hour day. Grade 1 inspector can check pieces at the rate of 65 per hour with accuracy of 97 percent. Grade 2 inspector can check at the rate of 45 per hour with accuracy of 94 percent. The wage rates are as follows:- Grade 1 inspector is paid @ Rs.20 per hour while Grade 2 inspector is Paid @ Rs.15 per hour. An error made by an inspector costs Rs.2.50 to the company. Availability of inspector is as follows: - Grade 1 = 25, Grade 2 = 36. The objective of company is t minimize overall cost. Determine how many inspectors of each grade to be appointed. Formulate as L.P.P. (Solution not required).