This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
A retailer operates retail shop to sell their goods and products to their customer or potential client accordingly to its target market. Retail shop need to be competitive not only in the items, assortment or variety they sell but physical appearance of their shop in order to attract customer to look into their shop. Physical appearance is mean to be its interior design, arrangement of items they sell, color of their shop and the theme of their shop. This will eventually create first impression of a potential customer toward the shop and come in the shop.
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is one of Malaysia most prosperous and high rated mall. Located at Jalan Bukit Bintang and opened on 20th of September 2007. It consists with four components which is a retail mall, an office tower, two residential and a proposed hotel. This seventh storey building has 450 retail outlet shops, urban leisure areas as well as food and beverages outlets. Pavilion Kuala Lumpur developed by Urusharta Cemerlang Sdn.Bhd. The developer is chaired by Tan Sri Dato' Zainol Mahmood whom is also the owner of Pavilion Kuala Lumpur which sits on 12.6 acres of prime real estate in Bukit Bintang, the Golden Triangle of Kuala Lumpur.
Client - Cuppa Cup Cakes
Cuppa cup cake is my target client as they do not have any retail outlet in the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Cuppa Cup Cakes should consider locating one of their outlets in the Pavilion as it is one of the most populated malls by the upper class or upper middle class shoppers. In the same time, in order to get customer have its value added in the mall is to have all type of retail outlet include Cuppa Cup Cakes outlet.
My aims and objective
Chapter 1 : Site analysis
Located at Bukit Bintang.
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is located at Bukit Bintang which is the tourist spot from worldwide tourist. Its built with seventh storey, which consists four component. A retail mall that allow visitors to shop, an office tower for official or any company to make their business operation, two residential which allow upper class income citizen to own them for living or recreation. And lastly an under proposal hotel for foreign tourists to enjoy the night at Bukit Bintang.
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is a huge developed development in Bukit Bintang. It takes more than ten years of research to build the pavilion. The layout plan of the pavilion is highly structural and functional compare to others mall. Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is higher level than Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre and others. Besides that, the strategic located transportation and a comprehensive pedestrian networks system convenience visitors to come and back. In land side, the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is also slightly higher than Raja Chulan. Furthermore, biggest skylight through the South East Asia also installed on the pavilion.
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is designed with museum design concept that illustrates high and classic class of pavilion. (the art)
- Four different components
- 11-2 is lunch time or meeting
- Tourist in the morning - shoppers chart is different
- Weekdays different than weekend.
- Weekend am-pm around 10.30 to 6pm (night time is quiet)
- Air circulation, sun and shadow.
- People easy to understand - Directions
- More important organize - Main high street.
Structural of individual lots
- To highlight the product
- Understand the position towards peoples eyeview
- Power usage
- Combination with natural light (solar energy) - green
- Simple, clean and sleek.
- Floor tiles are Italian marble(white)
- Handrail made to be plane, simple to avoid distraction of the retail.
- Near entrance - the fountain area, good traffic flow.
Advantages and disadvantages.
- Tourist site- tourist worldwide will come to BB.
- Goods and services provided is one of the most satisfactory and desirable by all visitors
- Sells branded and luxuries goods such as Gucci, PRADA,
- Visitors and shoppers need not to worry about the goods they buy ( no replicas)
- Most fashionable and seasonal fashion will not missed.
- Is expensive
- Bad traffic flow.
- Human traffic.
Chapter 2 : Client
Cupacakes and wondermilk are registered brands of +wondermilk (M) Sendirian.Berhad. it is a bumiputera company incorporated in year 2000. Cuppacakes was established in may 2006, when six cupcake lovers came together to devote their time and attention to the art cupcake making and decorating.
It started as a small home business catering to friends and families and soon began to develop into a full time business. Cupacakes offers not only cup cakes but beautiful designed and cute cup cakes. They personally prepare every single order, offering ideas and customized cup cakes for birthdays , gifts and weddings yet creating precious handcrafted lovely memories.
- Established in May 2006.
- Started out as a small home business catering.
- Offer more beautifully designed and cute cupcakes.
- Love baking and decorating.
Sells cupcakes : different designs different occasion.
- Wedding cupcakes.
- Can customise own cupcakes.