Preston Motors PEST Analysis
Published: Last Edited:
Disclaimer: This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers. You can view samples of our professional work here.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UK Essays.
Preston Motors LTD
Introduction - Preston motors is a newly started small business located in South Auckland serving motorist with the services like testing vehicles, issuing warrant of fitness and vehicle minor servicing. The best is owned by an Islander as per the requirement goes in the unit standard. Majorly staff of 3 is working in the workshop to do the jobs.
Summary - In the unit standard I have will be explaining about the type of influences affecting the Preston motors presently and in the future and its impacts.
Influences affecting the organisation -
- Skills - Skill is a very important factor when it comes to mechanics. To be certified WOF provider as a workshop needs to have skilled labour which has to be trained if needed.
- Staff - Staff of three works at the workshop which is very efficient for a small Car workshop. Staff's friendly attitude and mechanical expertise make customers visit again and again.
- Structure -As a small company the structure of Preston motors is very simple. Management is in the hands of the owner and three employs work under him do the jobs as allotted by the owner.
- Shared Values - Shared value of Preston motors is to provide best and expert service to jobs coming in and do them justice without tempering any rules and expand the business slowly and gradually.
- Political - Being a really small venture Preston motors has really less to with the political influences. Yes! In case of doing WOF employs have to stand up by the rules formed by government for the clearance of any vehicle on its fitness. If the rules change they have to work accordingly.
- Economic- Economic influences such as increase in the fuel prices an change in the prices of WOF may affect Preston motors.
- Social - Workshop staff being efficient about their jobs and are friendly that will obviously makes the customers coming to Preston happy and they will visit again and even they will recommend Preston Motors to others as well.
- Technological- Preston Motors is a small workshop but still it is well equipped for such size and have some good latest machinery to complete the jobs which come to them.
- Legal- Being a small workshop it doesn't give leverage to Preston Motors to take legal laws related to employs, health and safety and taxation in its hands. Preston follows all the laws which they are ought to follow.
- Environmental- Preston Motors is located in South Auckland. The geographical location of the workshop is as such that there are not many workshops around it. So it has kind of a monopoly in the area for doing the WOFs of vehicles.
Current relevance and Impact -
- Skills -
Present - Staff working with Preston has the expertise in mechanics and it is ought to stay like that because as it is a workshop issuing Warrant of Fitness to the vehicles.
Future - In future if same situation prevails Preston might need to increase the staff because as the time will pass the number motorist coming in for WOF will be increasing.
- Staff -
Present - According to present situation work shop has only staff of 3 because of it sometimes it really gets busy and they are totally booked for weekends. It becomes kind of hectic which sometimes shows on the quality of work as well.
Future - As Preston is the new workshop and it is growing in future it will have more rush hours at work and that too on daily basis for which workshop should prepare itself to hire more staff to take care of the other jobs which will be pouring in.
- Structure -
Present - Present structure of the company is very basic as owner by himself is managing the whole business and there are only 3 staff members.
Future - As we see presently the business for Preston Motors is increasing exceptionally and in future the structure might get bit complex as the owner will be hiring new employs the assist the present ones and old employs will be supervising them as well they would work.
- Shared Values -
Present - Present share value of the company is to provide best services to the customer and grow. Ethical work atmosphere is a must.
Future - Future shared value should growing business by expanding it with other workshops all over Auckland and providing more service options.
- Political -
Present - As the workshop issues WOFs for cars only changes in the WOF rules might affect Prestons. Other than that fuel prices may affect a bit.
Future - As the Preston will grown more political bondages will be levied on Preston in terms of carbon emission, noise pollution and etc.
Present - Economic influences have a direct effect on the workshop. Being in Automobile industry raise in fuel price is the most important point. Issuing of WOF is done so prices of that too and even import duties on car parts and machinery as well.
Future - For future Preston needs to think about expanding with investments for greater profits.
- Social -
Present - Being a new workshop Preston motors is trying as many customers they can to make a network of customers. They are trying their best to provide them ace services. This is done so this network remains and from word to mouth marketing they shall get more customers added to their network.
Future - Preston motors in future should try to invest some in making an appearance at events like car rallies or bike rallies and meet as many people they can and try to make more customers and themselves known to people.
Present -Preston being a small start up workshop has good enough new technology and equipment to fulfil its present duties towards motorist. But yes to some extent it limits them from providing more assistants when needed.
Future - In future during the span of expansion Preston motors should upgrade itself with new machineries which will makes staff's job very easier and more importantly faster so that they can start helping other motorist. Eventually this will help the workshop to make good profits and more customers.
Present - Workshop follows all the legal laws and owners also monitors there is no glitch the services and WOFs they are providing to the motorist and even the income flow is taken good care of.
Future - In future also Preston motors will be following all the laws like Health safety, employment law and taxation to sustain in the industry.
- Environmental- Environmental factors may have consequences depends how the surrounding of the workshop changes in future. It might face much competition but yes if we see the exclusiveness of it's in location will help. As this workshop is the only WOF provider in the Territory.
Cite This Essay
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below: