This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.
3 Examples of Organisational Code of Ethics than can influence Decision Making
- Biase- choosing a friend for a higher position not considering his qualification.
Corruption- gaining money out of illegal activity.
Bribery- receiving monetary/ gifts in lieu for favour or promotion.
- Integrity- doing what is right. By acting with integrity, we reflect positively on the values and reputation
Comply with the Code and the Law Understand the Code. Comply with the Code and the law wherever you are. Use good judgment and avoid even the appearance of improper behavior.
- Conflicts of Interest-A conflict of interest arises when your personal activities and relationships interfere, or appear to interfere, with your ability to act in the best interest of the Company.
3 Examples how Code of Ethics used for External purposes by an Organisation.
Concept of Social Responsibility (CSR)
- A company’s sense ofresponsibilitytowards thecommunityandenvironment(both ecological and social) in which itoperates.Companiesexpress thiscitizenship(1) through theirwasteandpollutionreductionprocesses, (2) by contributing educational and socialprograms, and (3) byearningadequatereturnson theemployedresources. Corporate Social Responsibility is the continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and society at large.
- Different viewpoints on Social Responsibility of Organisations
3 Examples how Social Responsibility policy influence Decision Making in Organisation.
- A well organized and constructed CSR policy is a tool in keeping the balance between a stakeholders, environment, community and staffs in making a decision that will be beneficial to all parties involved in an organisation.
- It has a great impact on employees welfare providing an opportunity for improvement such as trainings, seminars and courses .
- CSR it impacthas a great impact on community. The involvement of community in building a good interpersonal relationship among community.
Benefits of CSR policy in Organisation
Cost Savings- CSR will help organisation reduced its expenses/ cost by looking possibilities to help in conserving what resources is available.
Employee engagement – Awareness of employees of CSR policy to work as a team and maintain strategy for sustainability.
Good Public Relations- A good personal relationship with the community will gain support and raise affirmative relationship with other local organizations.
Develop an initial motivation. Showing people poor sales statistics or talking about increased competition. Open an honest and convincing dialogue about what is happening in the marketplace and with your competition.
Find effective change leaders throughout organization.
Corporate culture often determines what gets done, values behind vision must show in day to day work.
Include the change ideals and values when hiring and training new staff.
Create strategy to execute that vision.
This model will help specialist Apparel in creating a clear vision, conducting good communication regarding the new vision, empowering employees.
- Establish a sense of urgency
- Examine market and competitive realities.
The Specialist Apparel was able to secure a contract to supply 1.8 worth of sporting wear to a largest specialist sport.
Identify and discuss crises, potential crises or opportunities.
Promise to deliver first batch of newly designed jackets within 5 weeks.
Need to supply bulk of shipments of 8,000 jackets and other clothing every two months.
Purchased a new equipment need to train staff to operate
- Form a powerful coalition
- Assemble a group with enough power to lead the change effort.
Called for a board meeting to discuss impact on existing business contracts and its solutions.
- Develop strategies for achieving that vision.
Develop a contingency plan that will resolve issues of the staffs.
Formulate a clear vison so as to have a clear focus of the company’s goal.
Need to create a strategy to sort out problems with other Sport Industry ( Rebel)
- Empowering others to act on the vision
- Removing obstacles to change
Bringing in specialist to design the products and run new machines.
- Consolidating improvements and producing still more change.
Hiring, promoting and developing employees who can implement the vision.
Specialist Apparel Ltd’s will train the staff with the new equipment.
A staff that will be working extra hard would be benefit.
- 3 Key change agents in Specialist Apparel Ltd.
Jim Foster – Trying to find out means to utilise the new equipment CAD/ CAM. He will act as a leader and will give instruction to his employees. He welcome the change in the organisation. He has a big part in maintaining a positive outlook of the staff with the new environment.
Strength- Jim open to change and willing to learn the new technology.
Limitation- He needs to be more open in all aspect of changes and learn how to communicate with staff to avoid confusion.
Staff- The staffs worked in the company for a long time marinating their loyalty to the company.
Strength- Loyalty and effectiveness in the job thus the organization was able to expand and secured contract with big companies.
Limitation- They should be open with changes. They should be willing to learn and develop things that will help the organisation.
Henry- Hardworking. A good leader and ability to develop the company. He struggled with changes because of issues he face in the company.
Strength- Good communicator. He is a good leader.
Limitation- Need more patience and understanding about the staff needs and involvement to change.
- 6 Contextual factors and how they influence Specialist Apparel Ltd’s management staff’s responses to change.
- Organizational culture
The organization should have a clear mission and vision that will guide everyone in the company. The organization should determine each staffs with their capabilities and abilities that will help the company to change.
- Management Style
The management Henry should have a clear understanding of his goals before he will make any decision for the company thinking all the possibilities and the consequences.
- Organizational ethics and values
The organization should look into the what is beneficial not only for the company but all aspect. Henry’s attitude greatly affect the company he must handle it with patience especially in dealing with staffs. Cooperation from the staff will result to positive output.
If the company thinking of changes it is vital to attain cooperation and involvement of the people. Specialist Apparel is reluctant to change because of the new technology which they are not familiar of.
An effective communication is the main tool to gain cooperation from the staff and become successful with what Specialist Apparel is wanting to become.
Henry needs to lay down his mission and vision to the staffs to encourage them to participate to change and work harmoniously.
- Environmental Pressure.
It refers to competitors or consumers complaint. As for Specialist Apparel they were able to beat Australian based organisation. Specialist Apparel should produced a high quality of product to avoid loosing customers.