Research on Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Continuous Growth
Research Question and Aims: This study will follow a thread of “raise question-theoretical study-case study- draw the conclusion”. At first, this dissertation will define the question as the study on entrepreneurship and continuous business enterprise growth，through the analysis on the theories and Practices of entrepreneurship and business enterprise growth; Secondly，this dissertation will analyze the business enterprise kn0Wledge classification, knowledge running mechanism，the nature of entrepreneurship and its knowledge attribute and Intra-spreading mechanism by setting up a series of concepts and models; Thirdly, this dissertation will put forward Four- phase model of continuous business enterprise growth systematically, and analyzed the mechanism in which the entrepreneurship acted on the key factors of every Phase in continuous business enterprise growth. Lastly, this dissertation will select Lenovo as case to verify and complement the theoretical viewpoint.
Get your grade
or your money back
using our Essay Writing Service!
Under the conditions of market economy, the business enterprise is the principal microcosmic running part of social economy. It produces and creates the material wealth for human being, and it loads and spreads the spiritual civilization on the other hand. The business enterprise growth has already become the important foundation of economic prosperity, and the main headspring of national competitive advantage. For a long time, the life and growth of business enterprise become the topic that be given extensive attention in scope of the world. The data in FORTUNE show that about 62 percent business enterprises life in the United States not over 5 years, only 2percent business enterprises can survive 50 years, and the average life of small business enterprises is 12.5 years; In China, the average life of group companies is 7 to 8 years, that of small business enterprises only 2.9 year, and there are almost one million business enterprises bankruptcy annually (not including the individual business enterprises). However, there are many enterprises that over 100 years still full of competence, such as Stora (1288), DuPont (1802), Procter & Gamble (1837), Nestle (1874), etc. So someone suggest that the key point of business enterprise growth is entrepreneurship that conducted by entrepreneur. On the other hand, more and more large enterprises maintain the momentum of strong competition, while they promote production levels of the entire industry and improve levels of service in their development process; the other hand, due to organizations tend to bloated, corporate culture has remained a relatively closed state. Therefore, the resulting of disadvantages has become more and more worldwide concerned by theorists and practitioners. It can be seen that such as IBM, GE, and Intel these kinds of large enterprises change their CEOs in the overall business transformation and development of innovative. To a certain extent, they solved their existing enterprise problems and once again achieved the rapid growth of enterprises. Then, whether CEO changes and core management team conversion can solve the disadvantages for large enterprises so that it will be becoming the main driving force to achieve the dynamic growth of the enterprise re-radiation? This paper argues that driving forces of enterprise growths are spirits of entrepreneurs as well as the establishment of a knowledge-based operation the entrepreneurial spirit in an internal communication mechanism. Moreover, the entrepreneur sprite as knowledge has a new connotation. Marshall in the "Principles of Economics" offered that before the end of life of the founder, using a more effective institutional arrangement is likely to break through business growth and obstacles of limited lives among individual entrepreneurs. Therefore, the company may exceed the decline phase of its life cycle and achieve sustainable growth.
Proposed Methodology and Methods:
This dissertation will assimilate the knowledge of economics, management science and sociology, and comprehensively use research methods of normative research, comparative studies and case studies, to research the growth of entrepreneurship and business continuity issues in a more systematic study.
1. Normative study: This dissertation will base on the results of business growth, knowledge management, innovation management and entrepreneurship to put forward the research questions of entrepreneurial spirit and business growth, and through interpretation of these theories to establish the analytical framework of this article.
2. Case study: the theoretical basis of the study, this dissertation will through research various process analysis of growth enterprises and entrepreneurship, at same time, through appropriate case to illustrate the problem of real-life business growth and entrepreneurship, which will complement and demonstrate the theoretical viewpoint of this article.
Always on Time
Marked to Standard
On the other hand, this dissertation will set up an analytical frame of continuous business enterprise growth by a series of definition and reasoning, and demonstrate the viewpoints through case study. The research contents and main innovations of this thesis as follows:
1. According to the existing study findings of entrepreneurship, and the development practice of business enterprise, this dissertation will put forward the nature of entrepreneurship---“never satisfied, never giving up, advance bravely', and analyze the relationship between them.
2. Basing on the knowledge theories, this dissertation will put forward that business enterprise is an aggregation of knowledge, analyze the knowledge properties of enterprise and its knowledge classification, and discuss the knowledge attribute of entrepreneurship. Meanwhile, this dissertation will set up the intra-spreading mechanism of entrepreneurship based on the model of SECI. This concept widened the study range and theoretical field of entrepreneurship theories.
3. This paper will analyze the effect of entrepreneurship and its intra-spreading mechanism which affect on the factors of business enterprise and put forward a basic issue: The entrepreneurship is the motive power of enterprise growth, which is the innovation and development of business enterprise growth theories, and has theoretical guidance significance to business enterprise growth in real life.
4. By analyzing the traits of every phase in enterprise life cycle and the factors that affect on the enterprise growth, this dissertation will reveal the key factors that lead to enterprise growth and discuss the mechanism in which the entrepreneurship acted on the key factors of every phase in enterprise growth as the motive power of enterprise growth. Based on this, this dissertation will conduct the relationship between entrepreneurship and continuous enterprise growth, and set up Four-phase of continuous enterprise growth.
5. Except analyzing relevant theories, this dissertation will demonstrate the viewpoints through case study by quoting the case of Lenovo. It will analyze its growth phases, the factors that affect their growth and the interaction between entrepreneurship and their growth. Furthermore, it will discuss the cases' apocalypses for continuous enterprise growth in China.
Penrose, E., (1995) The Theory of the Growth of the Firm, New York: Oxford University Press
Sandberg, W.R., (1992) Strategic Management's Potential Contribution to a Theory of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Theory & practice, pp: 73-90
Shane, S. & Venkataraman, S., (2000) The Promise of Entrepreneurship as a Field of Research, Academy of Management Review，2000，pp:217-226
 DavenPort, T.H. and Prusak, L.， (1998) Working Knowledge，Boston: Harvard Business School Press，MA
 Polanyi, M.， (1966) The Tacit Dimension，New York: Garden City
[6J Leonard, D. and Sensiper, S., (1998) The role of tacit knowledge in group innovation， California Management Review，pp: 112-132
 Prahalad, C.K., (1990) The core competence of the corporation, Harvard Business Review
 Michael, L., (1996) Winning Trough Innovation, Harvard Business School Press, P125
Stemberg, R.J., (2000) Practical intelligence in everyday life, New York: Cambridge University Press
Chris, A., (1991) Teaching smart People how to learn [J]. Harvard Business Review