You can lose weight quickly and permanently if you follow the basics of fat loss, but bear in mind that this will involve hard work. Thus, if being fat you have been thinking that you could lose weight without doing anything, you were mistaken.
To put it bluntly, if you want to lose weight you have to do resistance training. Why is strength training the key to weight loss? These are the main reasons:
- You burn calories as part of your routine exercise.
- As opposed to what happens with aerobics or low-intensity cardiovascular exercises, your metabolism is sped up and, thus, calories and fat are burnt up even 40 hours after your training has taken place. This occurs because resistance training causes microscopic -but harmless- damage to your muscle fibers, and to repair them, the body uses large amounts of energy. With the increase of your metabolism, and for each kilo of muscular mass that you add to your body, you burn 65 to 110 extra calories without doing anything!
Get your grade
or your money back
using our Essay Writing Service!
If you are a woman, you might be thinking that you may become an "Arnold" and that you may lose femininity, right? Do not worry! As women produce very little testosterone, they require much more work (and illegal drugs) to have a muscular body.
To sum up, if you train with weights you will not be part of the of 95% of people who lose weight only to gain it back very quickly, and it will allow you to have a more healthy and attractive body in the long term.
Reasons that prevent you from losing weight
Many people follow diets and have strict exercise routines but seem unable to lose weight. Why does this happen? Here we'll mention three of the reasons that might be disrupting your efforts to lose weight:
Even if you are a person who enjoys jogging around the park with your best friend, you may have the feeling that you haven't done anything even after exercising for quite a while. This may occur because instead of jogging at a constant pace...you prefer to chat with your friend!
Second, it is important to remember that as the body requires varying the exercise routine, you should gradually vary the timing and intensity of your workout.
Finally, avoid drinking liquids or eating energy bars while you exercise because they add calories to your body instead of burning them.
According to recent surveys, 66% of Americans over the age of 20 are overweight. Obesity is a plague that is spreading throughout the world and it is caused by poor eating habits: we've become a society that depends on pre-cooked and fast foods. If you have a tire around your waist, you should start a diet. It may occur, however, that something prevents you from starting a diet: you may think that as soon as you start the diet, you'll be always hungry.
Nevertheless, there is no need for you to starve when you follow a diet because, as a matter of fact, you can lose weight eating a wide variety of foods. Is that possible? Yes, it is.
Which is the biggest obstacle to losing weight?
Although it is true that there are many people who have the willingness to lose weight, it is also true that they may be unable to do so.
Which is the main obstacle against losing weight? The problem is that once we have made the decision to start a diet, we are constantly facing many other decisions, and if we do something wrong, the diet may be completely disrupted.
For example, having a good breakfast or not having breakfast at all, eating a dessert instead of an apple or walking instead of taking a bus: they are all decisions that always arise in our daily lives. We have to take them all into account, and we have to consider how they are related to each other and how the affect the ultimate goal, which is losing weight.
Many times, for instance, we may think that after having a delicious dessert, we can make up for what we've done by just eating well the rest of the day. But that is not the point. The quid of the question is that the way we behave today foresees the things we will do tomorrow. And if at the moment we cannot control ourselves, then how can we be so sure that we will be able to do the right thing in the future? How can we be so sure that we will be able to follow our diet strictly? Therefore, if you want to lose weight, first you ought to consider the obstacles you're likely to come across in your path and how you can fight them back.
Always on Time
Marked to Standard
There are a large number of people who have tried many diets but they are still unable to reduce those extra pounds that have been troubling them.
Why does this occur? The main problem is that we still believe certain deeply-rooted myths about dieting which are, in fact, completely inaccurate. In this article we're going to examine 4 of those myths.
- Eating low-carb foods: it is widely-believed that if we follow a low-carb diet, we will be able to lose weight.
- Following a low-fat diet: Low-fat foods are calorie-ridden but they do not help at all: the body actually needs fat for energy, to repair tissue and to transport vitamins.
- Star-diets: The only type of diets that Hollywood stars seem to follow is a "No-food diet." Of course, depriving oneself of eating is not healthy at all, so it is not recommended to follow one of those diets that have supposedly helped stars to lose weight: they may lead to bulimia or anorexia.
- Fasting makes you lose weight: Although it may be true that on the short term you may lose weight, fasting will ultimately lean muscle and tissue, something that leads to a fall of your basal metabolic rate.
However, these diets are too strict, and they lead to headaches, irritation, and, worst of all, they make us regain weight after the initial loss.
That means that as your body will need fewer calories than before, it is more likely for you to regain weight after finishing the diet.