Read the Essay Writer review
As carried out by a Chartered Legal Executive
Updated: 1st December 2014
The review below was prepared by a qualified legal executive and gives an impartial report on the offers and claims made by Essay Writer via their website at essaywriter.co.uk. All details are correct at the time of publication.
Trust and transparency
- Although they claim to be a 'reputable UK company' (e.g. http://www.essaywriter.co.uk/warning.aspx) they do not provide an address.
- Essay Writer was formerly owned by Matthew Wilson, a person who (UKEssays.com) founder Barclay Littlewood was acquainted with until they both found out they operated in the same industry. The company was based in the UK then. They used to state that they were a trading name of 'InfoProxy' and provide a registered company number (05610735). That company dissolved in August 2010, and it is believed the Company was sold. A quick search on Nominet (http://www.nominet.org.uk/) shows the site is owned by a non-UK corporation whose registered address is PO BOX 502943, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Essay Writer do not accept visitors.
- The website has a 'meet the team' page (http://www.essaywriter.co.uk/meettheteam.aspx) but this has not changed since the Company moved to Dubai.
- Essay Writer is not a registered data controller. They state that they are in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and never divulge any of their customers' details to any third party.
Originality and quality of work
- Essay Writer guarantee the work to be plagiarism free, which they say is checked with their own in-house scanner. They offer £1,000 if plagiarism is detected.
- Essay Writer state that "If you order a 2:1 standard work and you do not achieve that standard, we assure you that you will get your money back". They only guarantee 2:1 standard work first time in their terms and conditions. The work is assumed to be 2:1 standard if it passes their quality control checks; alternatively, the customer must provide expert evidence that it does not meet the standard.
- Essay Writer recruits writers through their website (http://www.essaywriter.co.uk/becomeawriter.aspx) and their policies appear good. We have been unsuccessful in obtaining a writer account so far, to be able to test how far they follow these recruitment policies.
- Essay Writer offered acceptable pre-sales customer service.
- Poor post-sales customer service due to extra charges for amendments and poor messaging system.
- Essay Writer promise to help students locate sources if they need help.
- Essay Writer in its terms agrees that it will not publish, resell, nor distribute the work it has completed for the customer. Essay Writer further acknowledges that it will never post the work it has delivered to a customer on any website or essay database.
Value for money
- Essay Writer £121 / 1,000 words / undergraduate 2:1 essay. Researcher fees account for between 33% and 40% of this amount. They are at an acceptable level for the industry and if the customer got what they wanted, these would represent good value for money.
Speed of service
- Essay Writer guarantee to send the work on time or a full refund. They delivered our test essay on time but we struggled to communicate with them regarding amendments. Their messages system was apparently 'broken'.
- Essay Writer offer a 7 day amendments period and will accept one request only, which must be within the scope of the original order. Note that they refused our amendments request on the basis that it was not within scope of the order (when in fact it was) and tried to charge us £70 initially and then £60 alternatively.
Find out more about the UK Essays difference
If you are looking for a genuine, UK based essay writer then take a look at a selection of our in-house writers below: