This dissertation has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional dissertation writers.
To provide the best and cost-effective care, accessible to every patient, through integrated clinical practice, education and research, delivered with compassion, care and concern through team spirit and transparency.
- To evolve as a unique university-based health centre where the quest for new knowledge would continuously yield more effective and more compassionate care for all.
(2) To nurture a new generation of professionals of life-long commitment, dedication, knowledge, skills, wisdom and values.
- To strive for public trust and maintain medicine's humane and noble place among professions.
(4) To be globally competitive in healthcare and related businesses integrating local culture.
- To Upgrade its education and Research wing with the international standards and consequently develop healthcare solutions for under developed and developing areas.
- To register as a phenomenal growth by adding 5000 beds in the next five years.
- To Offer unique platform to various partners and collaborators, both national and international, to innovate in healthcare delivery systems, coverage systems like medical education and research.
- To develop healthcare solutions for underdeveloped and developing countries.
- To develop comprehensive healthcare delivery model that suits our population.
- To develop centers of excellence in medical specialties.
Size of the Business:
Our hospital is basically belonging from medium size business. Other clinics situated in that locality are small in size and have not developed laboratories. Capacity of our hospital will be `45 patients at once or 10 in emergency.
We will take a building on lease atleast for 20 years and established our hospital. This building is situated near market and bus stand. Area of building is ten (10) khatha and building having 3 floors. It has fifteen single rooms and ten double rooms. A visiting lounge, rooms for staff (doctors) and for paramedical staff are also included. On ground floor there is 30×40 square feet hall, which is enough for a emergency.
- Medical officers (M.O)
- Anesthetic specialist
Nurses, Dispenser, Operation thither assistant & Laboratory assistant
Our program emphasizes comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for patient with all types of medical conditions. In addition, we provide moral support to patients and families to cope with the challenges of illness. These include our Life Services department, which caters to the emotional and developmental well being of hospitalized patient and their families.
The first aid group of Hospital's Life Department focuses on the emotional and developmental well being of hospitalized patient and their families.
REAL AND PERCEIVED VALUES:-
To put patient's interests first. The ideology dictates every aspect of the clinical governance, patient care and the work culture. We will achieve in delivering medical care with exceptional quality and that will be the result of these values-based health services. Practice medicine as an integrated team of compassionate physicians, scientists and allied health professionals. Education will be provided through efficient training and education of physicians, nurses and allied health professionals. Research will be on thebasis of advanced clinical research the helps to improve patient care and quality in every service. Our mutual respect will be “Treat everyone with respect and dignity”. We will try to improve all processes that support patient care, education and research. We will allocate resources with in the context of system rather than its individual entities.
Reason for existence of our Hospital chain:-
- Healthcare industry is the world's largest industry with total revenues of approx US$ 2.8 Trillion (2005).
- India's high population makes it an important player in the Healthcare Industry. According to the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority, the Indian healthcare industry has the potential to show the same exponential growth that the software industry showed in the past decade.
- In India, 80% of the healthcare expenditure is borne by the patients and that borne by the state is 12%. The expenditure covered by insurance claims is 3%. As a result, the price sensitivity is quite high and the high-level healthcare facilities are not in the reach of patients.
- Among the top five therapeutic segments, gastro-intestinal and cardiac therapies are experiencing both high volume and value growth. Opthologicals, cardiovascular, anti-diabetic and neurological drugs continue to top the growth list. The anti-infective, neurology, cardiovascular and anti-diabetic segments have witnessed a high number of new product launches in the recent years. With increasing number of non-insured population in our country and increasing healthcare expenditure to GDP resulting in people to opt for treatment options inside our country.
THE MARKET SIZE OF INDIAN HEALTH SECTOR:-
- The Indian Healthcare market is estimated at about US$34 billion (FY 2006)
- The industry is expected to grow at 15% p.a., to reach US$79 billion by FY 2012
- The large domestic market complemented by the inflow of medical tourists
- Medical tourists have increased almost 20-fold from 10,000 in 2000 to about 1,80,000–2,00,000 in 2006
- 100% FDI is permitted for all health-related services under the automatic route
- Infrastructure status has been accorded to hospitals
- Lower tariffs and higher depreciation on medical equipment
- Income tax exemption for 5 years to hospitals in rural areas.
Revenues (US$ million)
Number of Hospitals
- High-growth in the domestic market arising in health sector.
- Increasing health awareness: share in total private consumption expected to increase by 10%.
- Increasing penetration of health insurance.
- Rapid growth in private sector companies owning and managing hospitals.
- High-growth in medical tourism.
- Cost of comparable treatment is on average 1/8th to 1/5th of those in western countries.
- Opportunities exist in multiple segments along the value chain.
- Service providers: curative and preventive in primary, secondary and tertiary care.
- Diagnostics services: imaging and pathology labs.
- Infrastructure: hospitals, diagnostic centers.
- Health insurance: less than 10% of the population is covered by health insurance. The medical insurance premium income is expected to grow to US$3.8 billion by 2012.
- 44% growth in health insurance during 2006-2007.
- Healthcare BPO: medical billing, disease coding, forms processing and claims adjudication.
- Training: large opportunity for training doctors, managers, nurses and technicians Investment opportunity of over US$25 billion by 2010.
Increased awareness & image.
- Our first strategy is about the awareness of our hospital to the patients.
- Informing those not yet aware of what first care health offers.
- We will increase the awareness among the customers through proper advertising channel.
- Since in health sector word of mouth is best marketing tools we will hire agent on commission basis to increase awareness and for bringing patient too.
- Product Service type Organization FIRST AID GROUP OF HOSPITAL
- Place Dehri, Lakhisarai & Begusarai (Bihar),
- Price Varies from disease to disease.
- Promotion:- local cable & newspaper (1,000,000)
- People:- We are targeting the patient
- Process:- Through brain storming of doctors
- Physical Avoidance
- Here we describe market conditions and strategies related to services. How it will be priced and promoted.
- For this we segment the market into similar group that will be based on different aspect on the hospital requirement to the market.
- Our target market is Dehri, Lakhisarai & Begusarai (Bihar), because in this places there is no standard hospital giving medication services under one roof.
- We will use IMC tools for communicating our target market that will help to increase our market share.
Input Sick Patient
Process Treatment of dieses
Output Healthy Patient
We believe that place is not just about distribution it is about convenience too. If the services are not available where and when people need, it will create a lot of problems for customers.
The physical place which we have chosen of our Hospital is bus stand road, near market known place for all the people. Another reason for that place so most of people, although, which are not our direct competitors, are operating in that area and awareness will be created frequently.
Consultant physician 50/-
Ward and room charges per day
Ward charges 200/-
Single non AC room 300/-
Singe AC room 500/-
Double non AC 500/-
Double AC 900/-
ICU (intensive care unit) charges 600/-
We will promote our Services through different types of promotions like
- Public relations
We need one million (1,000,000) R.s for promotion.
We have decided to use almost all types of advertising local media because we are the new entrants in the market. So, we have to aware and educate people to come to our hospital.
- Circulate Hand outs
- Advertise through Newspapers
- Through local Cable TV because it has made a major source of advertisement
- Billboards and banners
We are targeting the all age group of people.
We are providing better health care unit, with unique innovation like, before treatment of any critical, first make a panel of doctors, when the sit together through brain storming it is zero chance to treat wrongly that are very much common in other hospitals.
Our two doctors, Anesthetist and optometrist are well qualified and working in AIIMS,Delhi and another in dalgit singh eye hospital, Amritsar.
Implementing the Market Plan
After all above procedure accepted we will implement this marketing plan.
Evaluating the Market Plan
After implementing if we feel any deficiency in the plan then we evaluate it and again implement it till the desire outcome not satisfy us. But it's very difficult to again make a market plan till startup.
- Form of Ownership
- Form of Ownership in First Aid Hospital is based on Partnership so, the business will be performed on partnership basis.
- Partners and their terms of Agreement:-
- As the legal status of First Aid Hospital is based on partnership contract.
- All the partners will have equal responsibility to operate the business and all will be responsible for any wrong decision.
- All the partners have equal investment of Rs.200000 in the business and the ratio of profit and loss distribution will be equal.
Location of building:
This building is situated on bus stand road near market.
Size of building:
Area of building is ten (10)khatha and building having 3 floors.
It has fifteen single rooms and ten double rooms. A visiting lounge, rooms for staff (doctors) and for paramedical staff are also included.
On ground floor there is 30×40 square feet hall, which is enough for a emergency.
Personnel are the assets of any company especially in the service sector. In our Hospital more than 80% personnel will be skilled based. We rank our personnel into different departments.
- Consultant physician
- Medical officers (M.O)
- Anesthetic specialist
- Operation thither assistant
- Laboratory assistant
- Office boys
- Ward boys
- Gun men
- Ambulance driver
When any business is going to be practically implement office equipment is essential for routine work established discipline and identifications of specific designations.
Similarly, in our hospital three medical departments require some particular office equipments, which will be helpful in checking of the patients while check by the doctors. The most interesting thing is that our office equipment is quite different from other manufacturing organizations. These three departments have three offices and each office should contain following equipments.
- B.P apparatus
- Tongue depressor
- Measuring tap
- Glucose monitor
- Pen stand
- Table lamp
- Office table
- Office chair
- Toys for children
- Weight scale
All above listed materials should in every office for checking the patients because without equipment doctor is like the soldier without the weapon in war. Another thing, which we have in our mind that all the equipment should be, modernized enough in handily.
After the description of doctors list now we explain some other product which will be compulsory for further hospital functioning.
For this purpose, fist of all we describe finance office and the equipment needed for this is
- Table furniture
Operation Theater Equipment
- Operation lights
- Operation table
- Anesthetic machine
- B.P monitor
- Cardiac monitor
- Suction machine
- Oxygen cylinder
- Nitrous cylinder
Equipment for Laboratory:
- Centrifuge machine
- X-ray machine
- Glucose meter
Equipment for general ward and other rooms
- Sucker Machine
- ECG Machine
- Puls oxinator
- Oxygen Equipment
- Wheel chairs
- Weight Machine
Other equipment includes
- Air-conditioned Unit
- Oxygen supplier
- Furniture supplier
These are the suppliers who will provide us the equipment and instruments necessary for surgery. Appasamy company provide us these equipments headquarter in chennai.
These suppliers will provide us all types of medicines. Glaxo Smith Kline and Abbott companies will provide us all types of medicines. Oxygen supplier
These suppliers will provide us all kind of furniture. It includes a lot of suppliers some provide office furniture, others provide ward furniture.
Intensive care unit (ICU)
This operation is for those patient who is in critical condition and needs to be watched 24hr in the presence of nurse and when required at that moment doctor should also be available. In our hospital there will be 3 ICU. In ICU there will be one cardipgraph,oxygen,2 chairs,patient bed and other instrument. We have plan to spend 15 lakhs.in which 10 lakhs from our capital and 5 lakhs of a instrument on credit.
This service is for those who need treatment without any delay or any formality of filling forms or norms. In our hospital we will have 20% of workforce for emergency because our location is near highway and accident occurs frequently. We have plan to take some instrument on lease and others second hand. We have also alloted 10lakhs for instrument.
OPD (Out Patient Diagnosis)
This service is for those patient who will come for check-up or diagnosis. Our aim is to reduce waiting time of the patient so that the patient will not have to suffer a lot from their diseases.we have decided to allot 50% of our workforce for it. We are also planning to provide internship for medical students or para-medics student. This will benefit both our organization as well as internee.
We will get benefit because we will get skilled manpower with very low cost, They can handle early diagnosis and light problems of patient as well. For OPD we have plan to allot 1lakh.
For dispensary the organization have plan to invest 1lakh.
Since laboratory is very important for proper diagnosis of any disease properly. And for this variety for instrument and apparatus are used.
For setting laboratory we are planning to invest Rs 350000.00
Since in our group optometrist and ophthalmologist are involved, so we are planning for specialized department. We have allotted 1lakh for this.
- Slit lamp-20000.00
- 60D,90D- 20000.00
- Indirect ophthalmoscope-30000.00
Operation theatre is very important part of any hospital. We have one operation theatre costing rupees 200000.00
in hospital all the instrument run on electricity and there are very sophisticated so we have plan to also established electric department so the in regular interval the condition of all the wiring can be checked and any problem regarding this can solve easily.
For established of electric department and other things we have plan to spend Rs1lakh.
We have also formed a NGO “innovative youth society” to get fund from international organization, local businessmen and from others.this fund will be utilized to give free treatment as well as medicine for extremly poor, so that no one has to suffer from disease due to lack of money.we have also planned to educate people about hygenic so that they can be healthy.
¡ Hospitals are an essential service. Throughout the world, hospitals are facing many challenge including increased costs, per capita decrease in government funding, technology that delivers both less invasive surgery band the capacity to deals with more complex medical interventions.
¡ As such, one important area of improving and maintaining service delivery is to better manage the HR function and human resource more generally. In many cases this is complicated yet further because people working at hospital site are likely to be employed with specific knowledge by a range of different organizations both from public and private sectors.
Our HR department will achieve the following objective in our hospital organization:-
- Legal compliance
- Union management relation
- Employee Relation
- Selection criteria
- Training and development
since in our organization all the workforce are highly skilled so they are to be managed very carefully. Because in India there is lack of skilled labor in healthcare sector.
we have plan to keep proper relation with all the employee so should share all their problems and as much possible we may solve it. So that there satisfaction level may rise and they may become loyal to organisation.
As we need skilled labor only so we will prefer internal recruitment as well as external too.
Internal selection:-As doctor have contact with other doctor and nurse too, so there will be good chance to recruit internal.
External selection:- we will also prefer external and for that we will prefer online recruitment.
Training and development:-
as medical sector is such sector which get changed everyday so it is very important to give training at time interval so that they can improve them self with time.
- Appraisal(360 DEGREE FEEDBACK)
- Placement Assessment( campus placement in medical colleges)
- The all objective under HR function will be done by the following department:-
- Director production
- Director finance
- Director personnel/HRM
- Director marketing
- Director R&D
Various study have attempted to link the management of human resources to patient mortality in acute hospitals. So, Through attracting and retaining good nurses through the HR practices 'magnet' we may lower patient mortality rate.
There will be provisions of following act in organization-
INDUSTRIAL EMPLOYMENT(STANDING ORDER ACT 1946) there will be provisions related to-
- Medical aid in case of accident.
- Railway travel facilities.
- Method of filling vacancies.
- Liability of manager of the establishment or mine.
- Service certificate.
- Exhibition and supply ofStandingOrders.
- total number employed,
- number of permanent workmen,
- number of temporary workmen,
- number of casual Workmen,]
- number ofbadlisor substitutes,
- number of apprentices
Because it's a service and product based idea so it's require huge funds to start-up, and as they grow and expand, huge funds to maintain. So the debt-equity philosophy will be maintained. The initial investment to meet the contingencies is around 1.5 crore, will be taken by all the financial resources which will be possible and we will also divide the equal funds for our hospital chain into all five members. After that as well as business will grow then financial resources and all concerning resources will be maintained according to the company profit situation.