Ask an Expert
Need some help with an essay or assignment? Over 500 academic experts are waiting to answer your question – just place your order today!Place Order
Alternatively, you can view past expert answers to short questions below.
- What is the importance of fairytale mode in Great Expectations?
- Why was English for Specific Purposes developed?
- Use of Humour to Disguise Racial Insults in "To Sir, With Love"
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the ISRO
- What is Academic Communication?
- Hard Work and Luck in Goal Achievement
- Monstrosity in Shakespeare's 'Othello'
The aim of learning a foreign language is to achieve communicative competence; i.e., the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately (Hymes: 1966). There are different components of communicative competence: structural, s...
The variation of English worldwide implies that a variety must be chosen for the purposes of language education. Stevens (1999) argues that the public will, with its wishes and expectations, affects the choice of variety in educat...
Typically, the Romantic period is considered to have spanned circa. 1800-1840, and is characterised by the rise of post-Enlightenment literature. Romanticism first emerged as a reaction to the dominant discourse of reason that had...