UK Essays featured in an Ofqual report - 30th September 2014
"In the case of UK Essays...it was the only organisation to provide documentary evidence of the results of the plagiarism check."
"UK Essays were considered to be one of the providers competing based on the 'quality of provision' compared to the majority of providers competing primarily on price."
You can read the UK Essays response to their report here >
UK Essays featured in Times Higher Education - 10th October 2013
The analysis is superb, the writing style good - but is it too good? It bears little resemblance to previous work by the same student: indeed, it is in a different league. But it has been through Turnitin, the academic plagiarism checker, and come back clean. Has the student miraculously improved, or are you looking at a particularly pernicious problem afflicting today’s higher education sector: the paid- for, custom-written essay?
You can read the full article on timeshighereducation.co.uk here >
UK Essays featured in The National Student - Wednesday 29th August 2012
UK Essays have been featured in an article on custom essay writing websites in The National Student, proving once again that we are a genuine UK company at the pinnacle of the essay writing industry:
In order to learn more about their services, I spoke to a member of support staff at UK Essays. In response to the question “If I used the same arguments but wrote them differently, would that count as plagiarism?” I was told “No, because you will still write your own work. The researcher's work will show you how to write the work and what sources you can use.”
Unlike the other essay companies featured in this article, UK Essays is happy to provide feedback to the press about how we help thousands of students every year to get the most from their studies!
You can read the full article on thenationalstudent.com here >
UK Essays interviewed on BBC Radio Nottingham - Thursday 3rd May 2012
Listen to Jilly Walden (Quality Manager at UK Essays) being interviewed by Mark Dennison on BBC Radio Nottingham on Thursday 3rd May 2012.
thisisnottingham.co.uk 23rd April 2012
For £260 students can buy a 2,000 word essay on any given topic, written to the standard of a 2:1 degree, from UK Essays.com in Arnold
UK Essays were asked to comment on plagiarism in universities.
A spokesman for the company said: "UK Essays.com provides a legitimate service, designed to help students that are struggling with any aspect of their university studies.
The rise in plagiarism in universities can't be attributed to students using our service, as all of our work is custom written and undetectable by any plagiarism checking tool.
The surge in plagiarism may be attributed to students using poor quality or dishonest essay companies, or simply points to the fact that universities are not providing enough resources for their students."
This article proves, once again, that our essays are 100% custom written and plagiarism-free!
The Telegraph 7th December 2011 A first-class essay? Yours for just £660
Jilly Walden, the quality manager here at UK Essays, was interviewed for a piece in the Telegraph:
“We all get tarred with the same brush,” complains Jilly Walden, quality manager at UKEssays.com, based at the same address (in Arnold, near Nottingham) as Degree Essays (www.degree-essays.com) and Law Teacher (www.lawteacher.net).
“Yet, unlike other companies, we are happy to publish our address, and we are happy for students to visit us; we have got academics in-house. Nor do we condone plagiarism. It’s made very clear to clients that we don’t supply essays; we give model answers around which they frame their ideas. We see it as no different to a lecturer pointing students towards a document in a library. As far as we know, 99.9 per cent of customers use our products correctly.”
You can read the full article on The Telegraph's website here >
BBC World Service 21st June 2010 When does getting online help for an essay become cheating?
UK Essays were asked to appear on the BBC World Service to take part in a discussion on plagiarism and online essay help:
An increasing number of universities are using special software which can detect cases of plagiarism.
But there are companies which offer an essay-writing service and those cannot be picked up by such software.
Simon Rhodes is with a company called UKEssays.com, which sells essays to students; Barry Calvert is with nLearning, which sells software that helps detect plagiarism.
Newshour's Robin Lustig asked Simon Rhodes: “If he was buying an essay from UKEssays, wouldn't he expect him to hand it in as his own work?”
You can listen to this discussion online at the BBC World Service here - When does getting online help for an essay become cheating?
The Sunday Times front page 4th April 2010 ‘Essay factory’ offers 2:1 degree or your cash back
On 4th April 2010, the Sunday Times printed a front-page article regarding our fantastic new degree guarantee, stating "Students are being sold foolproof dissertations written for them with a cashback guarantee if they fail to get at least a 2:1 degree." The story was also picked up online by the Daily Mail and the Telegraph. Read the stories below:
The Sunday Times (undercover) 2003
“2:1 standard” confirmed!
In 2003 the Sunday Times purchased an essay (undercover!) and reported how the essay was confirmed to be of a 2:1 standard by a top lecturer they had selected to assess it!
Read the full story on the Sunday Times website, here >
ITN News (undercover)
“A brilliant essay”
ITN News took a look around our old offices after purchasing an essay undercover.
They called the work they purchased “brilliant”– watch the video below:
We’d like to point out that the newspapers are in no way affiliated with our company; nor do they give any personal endorsement of our service. Having said that, we think you'll find that we don't need them to do so. The newspapers serve a purpose – they show that we are genuine UK-based Company and that our essays and dissertations meet the quality standards that we publish.
About the press articles
You will appreciate that there are many organisations that disapprove of our service, since they are adamant that all students are dishonest and will use us to cheat. This is, unfortunately, reflected in the comprehensive collection of articles we have presented below.
We have reproduced them, regardless of the criticism they contain, as an aid for potential customers to appreciate the authenticity of our business; we believe this is extremely important as there are so many bogus essay and dissertation sites on the web. You can learn more about spotting the scam companies in the UK Essays scam warning guide >
However, please be aware that there is a proper use for our service – although written as custom research pieces for you, our essays should be used as a basis for producing your own work. Just as you would not reproduce a book or journal that happens to address your question exactly, you should not hand in our essays as your own. We stress this time and time again, but it is a point that the press fail to appreciate – we do not condone plagiarism. For further information about this, please read our fair use policy >
Other recent press coverage:
BBC News 2008 - “Overseas students ‘buying essays’”
BBC News China 2008 – “花钱买论文 现代“方鸿渐”
The Guardian 2008 – “Essays for sale”
The Yorker 2008 – “142 students pay for tailor-made essays”
The Star 2008 – “Hundreds of students ‘paying’ agencies to write essays”
BBC News 2008 – “Parents buy essays for students”
We've had many more stories about us too:
News of the world
- July 15, 2007: Degree of cheating
- December 26, 2006: Need an exam essay? Just dial an academic and ask how much
- April 3, 2007: Their dark materials: Oxbridge Essays is a company that claims to have over 600 academics and students writing essays for sale. Who are they?
- October 17, 2006: Education: The unbearable triteness of cheating
- August 4, 2006: Guardian Weekly - UK News - Week in Britain
- August 1, 2006: Reply Letters and emails: Varying degrees of plagiarism - Dr Paul Flewers
- August 1, 2006: Reply Letters and emails: Varying degrees of plagiarism - Michael Collins
- August 1, 2006: GCSE coursework to be curtailed to stop internet cheats
- July 31, 2006: Reply Letters and emails: Septic Yanks
- July 29, 2006: Universities call summit to combat plagiarism - Industry estimated to be worth £200m a year
- July 16, 2007: Want to know how to get rich? Me too
- August 18, 2006: Will firms who flog essays help to tackle the cheats?
- August 4, 2006: Burden of supervising all coursework to fall on staff
- August 4, 2006: High-flyers, lowdown cheats?
- April 8, 2005: Bought essays fail to hit the mark
- January 28, 2005: Nip double trouble in the bud
Nottingham Evening Post
- August 7, 2006: Selling of essays just condones cheating
- August 3, 2006: Degree cheats hard to detect
- August 2, 2006: Essays for cash 'not cheating'
- August 2, 2006: Essay website's warning
This is Oxfordshire
- August 31, 2006: Students snap up web essays (repeat of story from August 3rd)
- August 31, 2006: Oxford students among 'worst culprits' for buying essays (repeat of story from August 3rd)
- August 3, 2006: Students snap up web essays
- August 3, 2006: Oxford students among 'worst culprits' for buying essays
- September 17, 2006: Don't be a Magpie
- March 27, 2003: Student cheats fuel online essay boom
- March 28, 2004: A-level students offered £200 essays 'guaranteed to gain them an A-grade'
- November 27, 2005: Log on for easy learning: While the government gets exercised about education, others know the answer is just a click away
- June 20, 2004: Universities go to war on exam cheats
- January 2, 2004: Parents and Internet help middle class pupils cheat exams
- January 2, 2004: How the web comes to the rescue
- August 4, 2005: They've sold their academic integrity for a few quid
Western Daily Press
- April 7, 2004: Cheaters' charter for students and pupils
Haymarket Publishing Services
- October 6, 2006: Studying under anaesthetic
Indo-Asian News Service
- August 2, 2006: Online 'plagiarism' threatens quality of British degrees
Want to write a story about UK Essays?
If you work or write for a student paper or the local/national press and would like to interview a representative of the company, we would be more than happy to arrange an interview with you - just contact us >
If you know of an article that features or mentions our company and is not listed here, please let us know by emailing email@example.com with the website link.